What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Lg. Texas Jack
    [​IMG]

2. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

Â

3. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

4. David Kramp

David Kramp

Nov 8, 2019
    Beautiful photo. It was nice speaking with you a while back and thank you for posting John. You can tell that knife has seen many pleasurable years of use. It’s kind of like an old vintage car. They are only new once and sometimes the ones with all the beautiful patina are worth more than a fully restored back to original example because they’ve got character. This knife has character and I believe it was my dads intent to keep that used, in and out of your pocket character when he repaired the spring, which is not an easy task. In the car restoration business when I have a survivor car I’m working on, an over restoration can ruin that character. From what I can see in the picture, I’m pretty sure he didn’t completely disassemble the whole knife during the repair. He would have polished and cleaned up the tang stamp area more but I’m pretty sure he was trying to preserve those well patinated handles. If there’s ever an issue with that front bolster area in regards to snap, walk, talk, fit or finish please let my Dad know. He’d be happy to keep that knife happily in your pocket for the next 17-18 years.

5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Friends ;):):cool: Inspired by Waynorth ( as usual :D) Will...give your Tab some kisses for me

6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Stag, Ebony and a whole lot of football! :D What a great way to spend a Saturday! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, JustinR, Pàdruig and 33 others like this.
  7. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Schrade Walden 879 and a #43

[​IMG]

8. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Nice pair of Knives Ron, I'm glued to the tube in anticipation of great football games today...LSU/GEORGIA, OSU/WISCONSIN, BAYLOR/OKLAHOMA, VIRGINIA/CLEMSON and my undefeated NDSU Bison play today as well:thumbsup:

Good luck today Ron:thumbsup:

cigarrodog, Peregrin and Half/Stop like this.
  9. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    The holiday season has started with a rush - I have 3 holiday parties to attend today. Gotta pace myself (or Miss Norma will do it for me). Packing a phat Parker this Stagurday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Stuart

10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Paul! Good luck to you my friend! :) :thumbsup:

11. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    It's been quite a while since I last used Randy's gift.
    Case_cuzido-1.jpg

Well, she did not loose the knack...
    Case_cuzido-2.jpg

12. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Never thought I would ever ask myself which dog leg to carry lol. I am gonna stick with my houndstooth today but the the half whitt is begging to be carried

[​IMG]

13. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Nice duo Jeff, I mean, look at us, who here would think it odd if you carried both of those BEAUTIES;):D

JohnDF and rockgolfer like this.
  14. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    I dont have room in my pockets Paul haha. The 57 is still new and I dont want to scuff it up just yet. Gotta go to the shop and work a little today so I am babying it for now

paulhilborn likes this.
  15. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you JJ.. It’s “Hammer Time” with those two elegant knives.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Your Hartshead rules. Who’s the maker of that twin bladed, bailed, EO beauty? May you also enjoy the weekend.

JJ Cahill and Jack Black like this.
  16. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  17. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    What a pair! I love GECs smooth autumn bone - you have 2 fine examples there.

Travman and cigarrodog like this.
  18. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Auto (car, Jeep, bike, etc) people do the best stuff for kids. That’s awesome. Every year we adopt a less fortunate family from church and try to spoil them.

This one today for the SEC championship or until my new Dunlap gets back from him for the addition of makers mark. Of course, mail will probably run real late.

F3FF5152-ACBE-4BB8-8024-56E555401E3D.jpeg

19. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Case burnt amber bone stockman.

[​IMG]

20. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Thanks, Vince! On my way...

Oh man. I only had arthroscopic service done to repair a torn up rt knee. As with yours, age related wear ‘n tear. Best wishes for your regaining full and PAIN FREE use of your shoulder!

Thanks for the well wishes!

I find your photo disturbing and strangely appealing at the same time.:D

Very nuce, John! Great to hear what brought you here, too.

Appreciate that, Harry!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019