What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Lg. Texas Jack
IMG_0804-X3.jpg

My first ever custom slipjoint, made in 2001 by my friend @Ed Kramp is screaming sharp after a bit of stropping. After many years of pocket carry, it's a little hard to tell but Ed hand jigged and dyed the bone. Am ecstatic to have this back in my pocket again. It's a true slipjoint, no halfstop, a long term pocket worn custom user. Have gotten my money's worth out of this knife, several times over, and when the backspring broke and I lost touch with Ed, I thought it was gone forever. That incident led me to the traditional forum hunting for a replacement, and I never really found it. This knife has traveled so many miles with me …

David Kramp David Kramp

krampgent-1.jpg
Beautiful photo. It was nice speaking with you a while back and thank you for posting John. You can tell that knife has seen many pleasurable years of use. It’s kind of like an old vintage car. They are only new once and sometimes the ones with all the beautiful patina are worth more than a fully restored back to original example because they’ve got character. This knife has character and I believe it was my dads intent to keep that used, in and out of your pocket character when he repaired the spring, which is not an easy task. In the car restoration business when I have a survivor car I’m working on, an over restoration can ruin that character. From what I can see in the picture, I’m pretty sure he didn’t completely disassemble the whole knife during the repair. He would have polished and cleaned up the tang stamp area more but I’m pretty sure he was trying to preserve those well patinated handles. If there’s ever an issue with that front bolster area in regards to snap, walk, talk, fit or finish please let my Dad know. He’d be happy to keep that knife happily in your pocket for the next 17-18 years.

I like the menorah too.

Lovely photographs of your two friends, Gev; a wonderful old Jack and your serenely content cat, hard to beat!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gevonovich Gevonovich Supreme feeling of peace from those pix:thumbsup: A marvel of a knife, but did my cat just cross the Atlantic & more?:eek::D Tabbies Rule!

Thanks, Will

Fab pics Gev :) :thumbsup:
Friends ;):):cool: Inspired by Waynorth ( as usual :D) Will...give your Tab some kisses for me

Nice pair of Knives Ron, I'm glued to the tube in anticipation of great football games today...LSU/GEORGIA, OSU/WISCONSIN, BAYLOR/OKLAHOMA, VIRGINIA/CLEMSON and my undefeated NDSU Bison play today as well:thumbsup:

Good luck today Ron:thumbsup:
Thanks Paul! Good luck to you my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Nice duo Jeff, I mean, look at us, who here would think it odd if you carried both of those BEAUTIES;):D

I dont have room in my pockets Paul haha. The 57 is still new and I dont want to scuff it up just yet. Gotta go to the shop and work a little today so I am babying it for now

Hope everyone has a restful weekend.
I'm off to a 4x4 Toy Run... lots of Jeeps bringing lots of toys for less fortunate kids.

Auto (car, Jeep, bike, etc) people do the best stuff for kids. That’s awesome. Every year we adopt a less fortunate family from church and try to spoil them.

This one today for the SEC championship or until my new Dunlap gets back from him for the addition of makers mark. Of course, mail will probably run real late.

F3FF5152-ACBE-4BB8-8024-56E555401E3D.jpeg

Hoping for a speedy recovery, Jeff.

Thanks, Vince! On my way...

Heal up there Jeff, similar boat here, nothing life threatening but left shoulder surgery on Wednesday. Just took the dressing off this morning and now I'm back to two finger typing verses one finger during the nerve block time period:D

The joy's of aging and parts just wearing out:) I had the right shoulder done 4 yrs ago so I knew what to expect:thumbsup:

Oh man. I only had arthroscopic service done to repair a torn up rt knee. As with yours, age related wear ‘n tear. Best wishes for your regaining full and PAIN FREE use of your shoulder!

@Amir Fleschwund[/USER] - Wishing you best results and a quick healing, Jeff.:thumbsup:

Joseph Rodgers, Sheffield.
F370C169-DDB8-4E6C-92A1-56D994A866E3_zpskuzef9h3.jpeg

Thanks for the well wishes!

I find your photo disturbing and strangely appealing at the same time.:D

My first ever custom slipjoint, made in 2001 by my friend @Ed Kramp is screaming sharp after a bit of stropping. After many years of pocket carry, it's a little hard to tell but Ed hand jigged and dyed the bone. Am ecstatic to have this back in my pocket again. It's a true slipjoint, no halfstop, a long term pocket worn custom user. Have gotten my money's worth out of this knife, several times over, and when the backspring broke and I lost touch with Ed, I thought it was gone forever. That incident led me to the traditional forum hunting for a replacement, and I never really found it. This knife has traveled so many miles with me …

David Kramp David Kramp

krampgent-1.jpg
Very nuce, John! Great to hear what brought you here, too.

Take care and heal quickly my friend .

Harry

Appreciate that, Harry!

Last edited:
Back