What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Just staying at home today while my much better half is out shopping & etc. and I remembering great memories of the past . We have been on many trips but our favorite was in 2010 when we took our family to Scotland to celebrate our 50th . Our kids all voted on where to go and they wanted to go to the land of many of their Ancestors . So then I pull out some books to go through again and then I could go on & on . But the jist of it is I am carrying this today . It is my very first Lambfoot in Ramshorn .

Caledonia Canal near Loch Ness

The pictures of scenery were copied from a book about Scotland .

I needed a saw today to cut down our Christmas tree...

4330087-D-09-A5-470-F-A5-DF-10-A57-C86-E05-A.jpg

But ultimately needed a bigger saw...

65-ABA523-268-B-4-C6-A-8-A20-054-FE506931-C.jpg

Well this (at one time gem) is my carry for the day, although it didn't start out as such:mad: I saw Jeff's post earlier showing his half whitt and thought I'd grab 57 for the remainder of the day. Here's what I found:eek: MAJOR rust on the main and slight remnants on the other blades. Grabbed my Tidioute ebony Whittler from my knife roll and was stunned to find this:mad:no idea how this occurred as all my knife rolls are stored in a very stable environment.

No damage to any other knives and to insure safe conditions I leave a desiccant bag in the knife roll as I have for years. No chance of out gassing from a celluloid knife as there is none in the rollo_O Puzzling and disturbing as this was pristine even a month ago:confused: So, a user now, but still makes me MAD:(

FLmKMj.jpg

Hxg9jn.jpg

1pNIeU.jpg

KEzEGS.jpg

KFCrPD.jpg

Just staying at home today while my much better half is out shopping & etc. and I remembering great memories of the past . We have been on many trips but our favorite was in 2010 when we took our family to Scotland to celebrate our 50th . Our kids all voted on where to go and they wanted to go to the land of many of their Ancestors . So then I pull out some books to go through again and then I could go on & on . But the jist of it is I am carrying this today . It is my very first Lambfoot in Ramshorn .

Caledonia Canal near Loch Ness

The pictures of scenery were copied from a book about Scotland .

Congratulations, it is a very beautiful knife and of good construction.
I also consider mine very pretty, looking like it has flakes inside the Ramshorn.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fine pair Tom :thumbsup:

Stunning pair Stuart :) :thumbsup:

A belated Happy Birthday sir :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Harvey, that's a great pic :) :thumbsup:

Fab pics Gev :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks JJ :) :thumbsup:

Have a fantastic weekend folks :) :thumbsup:

Ltfq3Hq.jpg

VabuE91.jpg

Outstanding pairing Jack, three thumbs up :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

“Just” carrying this Opinel today. I have a young cousin who likes knives and collects them, and is now getting into sharpening. He wants to know what a real sharp edge feels like, and the thin blades of the #8 should illustrate that clearly for him. I took this edge down to 30 degrees inclusive and stropped it on an old leather belt.

Well this (at one time gem) is my carry for the day, although it didn't start out as such:mad: I saw Jeff's post earlier showing his half whitt and thought I'd grab 57 for the remainder of the day. Here's what I found:eek: MAJOR rust on the main and slight remnants on the other blades. Grabbed my Tidioute ebony Whittler from my knife roll and was stunned to find this:mad:no idea how this occurred as all my knife rolls are stored in a very stable environment.

No damage to any other knives and to insure safe conditions I leave a desiccant bag in the knife roll as I have for years. No chance of out gassing from a celluloid knife as there is none in the rollo_O Puzzling and disturbing as this was pristine even a month ago:confused: So, a user now, but still makes me MAD:(

FLmKMj.jpg

Hxg9jn.jpg

1pNIeU.jpg

KEzEGS.jpg

KFCrPD.jpg

Sorry to see the rust but it just adds character in the end ;). Beautiful knives!

I did take the houndstooth, making a custom entry tile for my place

hbWCMi6.jpg

vxmi2Al.jpg

NGeUlri.jpg

Congratulations, it is a very beautiful knife and of good construction.
I also consider mine very pretty, looking like it has flakes inside the Ramshorn.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much my friend . I have noticed in the past that yours shows those what look to be flakes . Mine does not look like flakes so much . Just the flat color of brass . I am surprised that more people have not purchased one of these .

Harry

Hmm, what a good look, here in my land this food is called "Cozido à Portuguesa, good appetite already seen, that had eaten everything.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hey, José, just recently had my "Ancestry DNA" updated, and it seems I am more Portuguese than Spanish! I need to study the language. Been hearing Spanish all my life here in south Texas.

FLmKMj.jpg

Hxg9jn.jpg

1pNIeU.jpg

KEzEGS.jpg

KFCrPD.jpg
You should see what happens when a dog buries a knife and it stays buried a few days! My daughter couldn't find her Case Texas Jack for a while because our Lab buried it. Cleaned it as best I could.

Back