What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Halebros(?) Sheffield Lamb
447EAC9C-C545-4243-A8AA-AB5DBF693801_zpspz4venms.jpeg

#61 ÚN-X-LD smooth yellow bone(2011), #28 of 35.
View attachment 1278264

Man, that Lamb Foot picture looks like right out of the Old World. Excellent work on that. That #61 isn't bad either!!

Wood and a Western for Wednesday !

wRNvLwh.jpg

Impressive composition :cool: But more importantly, impressive knives :D The 93 Coco I have but it's been too nice to use (sign of too many knives?;)) been looking for a user or one in bone or micarta to try out. It's a beautiful knife and it's also the reason I decided against buying last year's Forum Knife as I regard it as superior (not a Sabre fan I'm afraid) and better looking.

Fine Punch stockman too:thumbsup:

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider with smooth tobacco bone covers:
tobacco.sow.mark.closed.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is the small Chinese Imperial in this set of 3 (thanks, Mark):
stockx3.mark.3open.jpg

Budget Canoe of the Week is also a Chinese Imperial:
imp.canoe.mark.open.jpg

Premium Canoe of the Week is this S&M #64 with smooth bone and sheepsfoot main (thanks, @peanutsxx):
canoe.mark.main.jpg

- GT

Impressive composition :cool: But more importantly, impressive knives :D The 93 Coco I have but it's been too nice to use (sign of too many knives?;)) been looking for a user or one in bone or micarta to try out. It's a beautiful knife and it's also the reason I decided against buying last year's Forum Knife as I regard it as superior (not a Sabre fan I'm afraid) and better looking.

Fine Punch stockman too:thumbsup:

Thanks !

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a Rough Rider with smooth tobacco bone covers:
View attachment 1278329

Regular Stockman of the Week is the small Chinese Imperial in this set of 3 (thanks, Mark):
View attachment 1278332

Budget Canoe of the Week is also a Chinese Imperial:
View attachment 1278333

Premium Canoe of the Week is this S&M #64 with smooth bone and sheepsfoot main (thanks, @peanutsxx):
View attachment 1278334

- GT

I haven't seen your gorgeous smooth tobacco bone Sowbelly Stockman in a while, Gary! Wonderful knife.

Very nice! I wish Case would use for their handles more often. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you. I do, too; rosewood is excellent.

Man, that Lamb Foot picture looks like right out of the Old World. Excellent work on that. That #61 isn't bad either!!
Thank you kindly. I agree with you. Plenty of all world charm. Best wishes on building your 86 collection.:thumbsup:

It was a beautiful day in southern Norway yesterday. For a while it really did look like winter.
IMG-20200204-155854-2.jpg

I just had to take out my 'wellbeing hour' from work and take a dip in a lake just outside the town.
IMG-20200204-142459.jpg

Practising my poor tracking skills on the fresh snow revealed that pure luck saved me from being caught 'in the act'. (Needless to say that when you act on impulse, you don't have a towel or swimming shorts on you.) Two sets of human tacks were following my footsteps only to turn away shortly before reaching 'my bay'.
IMG-20200204-140847.jpg

Two for yesterday: one for trouble shooting and one for the joy of it.
IMG-20200131-172426-2.jpg

These two for a rainy and possibly stormy, Wednesday! :)

48574513506_e0b634197e_o_d.jpg

Nice carry for you today Ron . Very nice grain in that wood .
You talked me into getting my Ol Red out for today plus I will add my Black Jack . I am always afraid that I will get a 2 tone black knife when I go for a black wood . In the day light , I Do Not see anything but Black . Really like both of these knives but this Black Jack will be carried but never be used by me .
You know that I agree with you about the Ol Reds being very special . An awful lot of my knives would go before it ever goes. Really it has become my idea of what a Barlow should look like and the Clip Blade on these is what I prefer over the Easy Open Clip on the later ones .
edit : Forgot to add my pictures

Harry

Last edited:
Nice carry for you today Ron . Very nice grain in that wood .
You talked me into getting my Ol Red out for today plus I will add my Black Jack . I am always afraid that I will get a 2 tone black knife when I go for a black wood . In the day light , I Do Not see anything but Black . Really like both of these knives but this Black Jack will be carried but never be used by me .
You know that I agree with you about the Ol Reds being very special . An awful lot of my knives would go before it ever goes. Really it has become my idea of what a Barlow should look like and the Clip Blade on these is what I prefer over the Easy Open Clip on the later ones .
edit : Forgot to add my pictures

Harry
Thanks Harry! That’s a classy pairing you have today my friend! :)

Back