What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Sounds like a great time, Ron! Tough seeing those chili cheese dogs on a Friday during Lent though.

TGIF Traditional knife folk!

Turkey dinner might be good! A few of our morning visitors. The snow is all melted here. I'm sure there'll be more though.
cXTT4vM.jpg

With me today, in case the Turkeys attack! :D;)
MirhKdx.jpg

Wise to be cautious Gary, those Turkeys could be unreliable :eek:;) The only sort of Wild Turkey seen hanging around my place is the genus that comes out of a bottle :D Fine Burl on that Turkey Slayer, the Dam is not an eyesore either :cool:

Thanks again for the visit Stuart! :) I really enjoyed the lunch and knife socializing afterwards! :thumbsup: :D

Thanks Jack! :) It’s really a treat to get to visit and spend time with a fellow forumite like Stuart! :) :thumbsup:

Well folks, I thought I had better show y’all my side of the table so you wouldn’t think Stuart was having all the fun! ;) As you can see I got a little anxious and had already had a bite before I took my photo. :eek: My carry for yesterday’s Trapper Thursday was an Old Timer 94OTB that I recently added to my DC carry selection! Folks you owe it to yourself if your are ever in the area to try the Vienna Diner. They have some terrific old fashioned Chili Cheese Dogs! :)

49627075212_cc7dc91ca0_o_d.jpg

That looks like my kind of lunch, Ron! :D

Sounds like y’all had a great time! :thumbsup:

I’ve dropped these two back in the pocket for Friday. I hope y’all have a great day! :)

49617862092_a132b2ca00_o_d.jpg

Nice pair! :cool:

It is a pretty nice day today and I was out on my back porch in the sun Chicken Eye'n and Coon Finger'n some of my stuff and have these in my pockets . Decided to get a few pictures while I was at it .

A few years ago I had decided to only obtain 4 Taylor Eye Witness . That has gone out the window .

I also had decided to only get 8 or 9 Northfield 77 Barlows . That did happen , but this is not them . Key Word being NORTHFIELD

Just for the heck of it .

Harry

Lots of beautiful knives there, Harry… especially all that stag! :cool: :cool: I miss the UN-X-LD shield on GEC’s stag knives.

Glad you’re enjoying some nice weather. It’s supposed to be 63° here on Sunday!! :eek: I think ice-out on the lake will come early this year. Speaking of which, how’s the Car-on-the-Ice doing? :D

Lots of beautiful knives there, Harry… especially all that stag! :cool: :cool: I miss the UN-X-LD shield on GEC’s stag knives.

Glad you’re enjoying some nice weather. It’s supposed to be 63° here on Sunday!! :eek: I think ice-out on the lake will come early this year. Speaking of which, how’s the Car-on-the-Ice doing? :D
Thank you very much Barrett . The Car On The Ice is on a lake in the town where my wife works so I do not see it very often . I think the last I saw it was this past Tuesday and it was Still Up But Limping . The Right Front wheel was down but I did know if it was as far as in the water or not though . I do not know what the Record is but it was up a few days longer than what I remember as normal .
Are you going to be able to join us at Janesville this year ????

Harry

Wise to be cautious Gary, those Turkeys could be unreliable :eek:;) The only sort of Wild Turkey seen hanging around my place is the genus that comes out of a bottle :D Fine Burl on that Turkey Slayer, the Dam is not an eyesore either :cool:
Wild Turkey on the rocks sounds good to me!
The Burt Foster is California Buckeye Burl with an 01 and 15N20 drop point. One of my favorites. Thanks for the nice comments!

I just have to tell you my friend !!! I really enjoy seeing your postings . The subject matter , besides the knives , is so different and intriguing . Makes me wonder what in the pictures did you make yourself .

Harry
Thank you so much Harry. That fine pine needle basket was handmade by a gentleman from Florida and I won it in a raffle
for my wife at a primitive archery gathering in TN. The necklace was made by a friend in Texas who is a very talented flint
napper. He sent me two beautiful flint knives, 16 flint napped arrow heads and 2 necklaces for my wife and I in exchange
for an osage bow that I made for him. He was quite generous in that trade. I make a lot of primitive bows and my arrows but have no flint napping skills although my 10 year old grandson took an interest in it a couple years ago and is learning.
here's a pic of his work.View attachment 1297672

What a nice pair of knives r8shell.:thumbsup: I think that bone Washington punch jack is over the top gorgeous, wish I had been on to that one when it was released. :)
Thank you, it's one of my favorites. I missed out when it was first released too, so it took a little wheeling and dealing to get ahold of. ;)
While Half/Stop Half/Stop and I were CE & CF-ing some of my knives, he kindly chided me for not totin' and postin' some of the elders in my boxes. Fully chastened, I toted these two old buddies for Old Friends Friday: a Case 02 pattern jack knife and a Case 53 pattern (no pattern numbers on either) equal end cattle knife, both from 1920-1940.

8BKGsTA.jpg

C5M6BZq.jpg

J9uUpg7.jpg

- Stuart
Wow, that's some spectacular jigging!

Thanks Barrett! :) We did have a great lunch and a great time CE and CF some of Stuart’s assortment of fine Traditional cutlery! :) :thumbsup:

While Half/Stop Half/Stop and I were CE & CF-ing some of my knives, he kindly chided me for not totin' and postin' some of the elders in my boxes. Fully chastened, I toted these two old buddies for Old Friends Friday: a Case 02 pattern jack knife and a Case 53 pattern (no pattern numbers on either) equal end cattle knife, both from 1920-1940.

8BKGsTA.jpg

C5M6BZq.jpg

J9uUpg7.jpg

- Stuart
Now that’s what I’m talking about buddy! :thumbsup: Let them old Cases get some fresh air where everyone else can enjoy them! :D

Thank you very much Barrett . The Car On The Ice is on a lake in the town where my wife works so I do not see it very often . I think the last I saw it was this past Tuesday and it was Still Up But Limping . The Right Front wheel was down but I did know if it was as far as in the water or not though . I do not know what the Record is but it was up a few days longer than what I remember as normal .
Are you going to be able to join us at Janesville this year ????

Harry

I’m planning on being there, Harry! :thumbsup:

8BKGsTA.jpg

C5M6BZq.jpg

J9uUpg7.jpg

- Stuart
A couple of GRAND old knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. We had a fine time and each visit together gets better. (I realized that we both like blue grass and country music, so we were "in tune" all day after I put a thumb drive in my truck media drive: Chris Ledoux, Alan Jackson, George Strait, and George Jones - all day.) When you spend time with a friend, it just flies! And now our dog, Loki, is missing "Mr. Ron".
- Stuart
Stuart I missed this earlier! Good food, good friends, good knives, good music and a good dog! The only thing missing from that statement is a good woman and we both definitely got that one covered! :thumbsup: Tell Loki I’ll see him on the next trip! :D

Wow, that's some spectacular jigging!

Now that’s what I’m talking about buddy! :thumbsup: Let them old Cases get some fresh air where everyone else can enjoy them! :D

A couple of GRAND old knives. :cool::thumbsup:

Stuart I missed this earlier! Good food, good friends, good knives, good music and a good dog! The only thing missing from that statement is a good woman and we both definitely got that one covered! :thumbsup: Tell Loki I’ll see him on the next trip! :D

Thanks to all y'all for the encouragement to get them out and about. I took those two old fellas with me to my weekly rendezvous with some buddies to bend elbows and the truth. They aren't knife nuts, but they did pay respects to two workers who have made it 80-100 years in usable condition, meaning I got a free drink.

iMTOfg0.jpg

- Stuart

Back