What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thank you very much Jack!!! That must have been quite the cool concert; it brings new meaning to the old "break a leg" adage!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Your new Queen addition is certainly quite a "looker" and looks marvelous with your Hartshead Barlow!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Thank you very kindly, Harvey!!!
    Another day and another spectacular Robeson; it looks as if it spent the last 60-70 years in a time capsule, wow!!!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  2. Wharn

Wharn Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2011
    7683701E-F569-42F1-8317-C807E9041C33.jpeg

TFBraden, sbh06, chuck4570 and 29 others like this.
  3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Had that same meal last Friday. One of my favorites. No Scotch, though--had wine with that meal.
    Great looking forum knife. Need to carry mine again soon. :thumbsup:

4. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    A couple scouts for Saturday; an old school Landers, Frary & Clark BSA and a new Victorinox Pioneer X. :)
    [​IMG]

5. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you go, 26 with 2nd cut burnt stag and my chestnut bone peanut that I’ve carried religiously for the past 8+ years

6. Reaper AL

Reaper AL Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 28, 2019
    E3582C76-10A2-4C3D-9686-12405EE639E3.jpeg Going to give my oil field natural canvas micarta with a blade delete some pocket time

7. Spaten

Spaten Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 27, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Heading into work this morning with a Voos jack to keep me company.

8. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Excellent. I love that deep jigging on the 26. And the pocket worn bone look of the peanut is outstanding. Here is to another 8+ years of carry.

My “newest” knife...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Still enthralled ;) Bright&sunny outside and at last a bit of snow (usually covered in it since Dec but not this year)

[​IMG]

10. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Cooking for the monthly men’s breakfast today. I’ve prepared it at home this time, so no one will get to see me whip out a real knife. I long ago gave up hope of finding a usefully sharp knife in this particular church kitchen. Par for the course. But the worst, most unforgivable, blasphemously sinful deed is for some harebrained church lady to scrub and scour the griddle on the big range. It may be time for me to tape another polite, but sternly worded little reminder that the retribution for ruining the hard earned seasoning on the griddle will be visited upon them for seven generations.:D Last month I found that griddle almost unusable for making blueberry pancakes.:mad:

How about a Taylor’s Eye Witness LF, and a Schrade 233 Jack... A7C04A45-C8F2-401F-B23F-FC826BE91C67.jpeg And Manny said to have a great Saturday.
    D33E8EE3-EED9-484C-84DA-E3442518E57F.jpeg Not really. He can’t talk. But that look on his face means “why not scratch my neck while you’re sitting there looking at knives?”

peanutsxx, Stormdrane, vba and 36 others like this.
  11. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Lotta steel. IMG_2619_copy_1024x706.jpg

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  12. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Other than yoga this morning, planning on sticking pretty close to home today. Snow showers and a bit of cold in the forecast today. Texas Jack in the pocket.

Have a good weekend everyone!

[​IMG]

13. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    1583591551999669881327.jpg
    As an entry to @Crazy Canuck's GAW, I'll be carrying this old imperial USA Barlow for the upcoming week. It belonged to my great grandmother...

14. TheChunk91

TheChunk91 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2013
    You guys take showers in the snow? I thought things were different up in Canada but wow! :eek::D

I like craftsman branding, whatever it's on (and US made). Craftsman 9554 whittler by schrade and my vic cadet that I have not carried in forever.

IMG_7346.JPG
    IMG_7348.JPG

15. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Going to be carrying this little Hoffritz NY pen knife I picked recently.
    [​IMG]

16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I hardly ever carry these two knives.
    No real (good) reason for it, they are both great knives.
    I'll rotate them today and decide which will be carried for a week for Mike's Challenge GAW.
    [​IMG]

17. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017

Perhaps they just some good plumbers to fix their faucets??:confused:

Amir Fleschwund and TheChunk91 like this.
  18. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2012
    Back to childhood :D

[​IMG]

*Calissons are a traditional French candy consisting of a smooth, pale yellow, homogeneous paste of candied fruit (especially melons and oranges) and ground almonds topped with a thin layer of royal icing.[1] Calissons have a texture similar to that of marzipan, but with a fruitier, distinctly melon-like flavour. Calissons are often almond-shaped and are typically about two inches in length. Calissons are traditionally associated with the town of Aix-en-Provence, France; consequently, most of the world supply of calissons is still made in the Provence region.

19. jnaught

jnaught

Mar 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

20. Shooter xix

Shooter xix

Jul 30, 2018
    It's a 5 dot kinda day. Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]