What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

XN0A9vx.jpg

Golden Friday.

I’ve wondered about the mark on your table - it looks like magic marker?
My table has a mark too. Soldering new pickups and wiring in an electric guitar at the dining room table, and did not notice that the soldering iron had fallen down. Boy, did I hear about that!
Greetings Sir, @Amir Fleschwund
It is a permanent marker, written as a ‘Z’. I try to capture it as an initial in my pics to BF.
Many thanks :thumbsup:
Aryan

Xzg4qfU.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome back, Tom; I hope you had an enjoyable and memorable vacation! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stag/horn Knife for me this week is a 5" Marbles leg knife with a small stag spacer:
View attachment 1296975

Lambsfoot of the Week is Union Jack, a rosewood lambsfoot:
View attachment 1296976

- GT

Thanks GT, much appreciated! The leg knife is beaut :thumbsup:

These two for me today, Happy Friday!

Thanks Jack! :) It’s really a treat to get to visit and spend time with a fellow forumite like Stuart! :) :thumbsup:

Well folks, I thought I had better show y’all my side of the table so you wouldn’t think Stuart was having all the fun! ;) As you can see I got a little anxious and had already had a bite before I took my photo. :eek: My carry for yesterday’s Trapper Thursday was an Old Timer 94OTB that I recently added to my DC carry selection! Folks you owe it to yourself if your are ever in the area to try the Vienna Diner. They have some terrific old fashioned Chili Cheese Dogs! :)

Sounds like a great time, Ron! Tough seeing those chili cheese dogs on a Friday during Lent though.

TGIF Traditional knife folk!

Turkey dinner might be good! A few of our morning visitors. The snow is all melted here. I'm sure there'll be more though.
cXTT4vM.jpg

With me today, in case the Turkeys attack! :D;)
MirhKdx.jpg

It is a pretty nice day today and I was out on my back porch in the sun Chicken Eye'n and Coon Finger'n some of my stuff and have these in my pockets . Decided to get a few pictures while I was at it .

A few years ago I had decided to only obtain 4 Taylor Eye Witness . That has gone out the window .

I also had decided to only get 8 or 9 Northfield 77 Barlows . That did happen , but this is not them . Key Word being NORTHFIELD

Just for the heck of it .

Harry

It is a pretty nice day today and I was out on my back porch in the sun Chicken Eye'n and Coon Finger'n some of my stuff and have these in my pockets . Decided to get a few pictures while I was at it .

A few years ago I had decided to only obtain 4 Taylor Eye Witness . That has gone out the window .

I also had decided to only get 8 or 9 Northfield 77 Barlows . That did happen , but this is not them . Key Word being NORTHFIELD

Harry

Harry, I’m quite sure I’d be doing the same thing if I had all that Stag lying around:thumbsup::thumbsup:

After 28 hours of overtime in the last week I’m ready for a break. I’m carrying a gift from a member, @zolthar, who has passed on. It was an extremely generous offer and I’m happy to have it.

B332737-D-7-BF0-46-C8-BAAF-E6059-D374-E2-D.jpg

I've been carrying an Opinel no.8 Carbone daily for the last year, and even used it to prep vegetables for dinner last night. Thinking of grabbing a no.10 for a bit more blade and to keep with my travel cooking set, as the no.8 is a fantastic slicer, better than most dedicated kitchen knives I've owned. A no.15 slim in beech came in the mail yesterday, that will live in my fishing bag :)

I like this jazzy cigar framed Harness Jack for today, from GEC's early years. :)
Thank you kindly, JJ., for the nice words. There’s too many here, like yourself, who display equally(or better) images of their cutlery treasure. Like your superb, enviable Cigar Harness Jack.

@Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Cool handmade keychain prybar. Goes beautifully with your Hartshead.

Old Engineer Old Engineer - What a sweet collection, Harry.

I've been carrying an Opinel no.8 Carbone daily for the last year, and even used it to prep vegetables for dinner last night. Thinking of grabbing a no.10 for a bit more blade and to keep with my travel cooking set, as the no.8 is a fantastic slicer, better than most dedicated kitchen knives I've owned. A no.15 slim in beech came in the mail yesterday, that will live in my fishing bag :)
I have a couple no.8s myself. One lives in the kitchen drawer ready for any household tasks.

n8u3oM9.jpg

Happy Friday, everyone!

Sounds like a great time, Ron! Tough seeing those chili cheese dogs on a Friday during Lent though.

TGIF Traditional knife folk!

Turkey dinner might be good! A few of our morning visitors. The snow is all melted here. I'm sure there'll be more though.
cXTT4vM.jpg

With me today, in case the Turkeys attack! :D;)
MirhKdx.jpg
My apologies Gary and to all others that observe Lent! No offense meant. They were really tasty! A couple of beautiful turkeys and the knives speak for themselves! :thumbsup: :)

Harry
Looking good my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:
Back