What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Maybe because you can not buy a new 23 and you Deserve a new knife and they may not be making any new Galago models and the prices just keep going up . Arno Bernard has been making some internal changes and there Site does not show that model or at least I could not find it this morning .

Harry
Well, since you put it that way! Maybe I do deserve a new knife! :D

You are certainly showing some of your best this morning my friend .

Harry
Thanks Harry! :) Just because I have to stay home doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a good knife or two! :thumbsup:

0TxXhLn.jpg
Smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em
...and a different name. ;) (I have issues)

Going with these:
evecTo7.jpg

Plus an oldie:
TAwA1fT.jpg
Still raining down there?

Since this is Sunday I will get back to doing nothing because I never finished doing nothing the other day so I have chose to carry these 2 for Half/Stop Half/Stop and @Pàdruig's benefit .
Arno Bernard Galago

Northfield 43 :

Harry

Well done :thumbsup:
Thanks Bud!
Springtime knife today, but it’s time to get the moss and weed killer down...

5501-D950-EA2-E-4-A76-A2-B6-4-A6360-BC4-F6-F.jpg
I gave up the 2-4-d. Now we we eat the dandelions.
Unfortunately, you can’t eat creeping charlie.

I know I posted these earlier , but I thought I should get some newer pictures and show the comparative size of them together .

Harry
Thanks for the bonus shots of that 43!

And be sure to drink lots of water, and take plenty of rest breaks. All this doing nothing can tax a man.

I should offer to help you out. Several people have said I’m good for nothing.

Maybe tomorrow. I’m busy procrastinating.

Where's @pertinux?! :confused:

Been carrying this Ebony #25 most of the past week, along with a couple others here and there.

uc0daDY.jpg

fQqVIcn.jpg

ykOoIHH.jpg

Great pics Barrett, nice pairing there :) :thumbsup:

You know how the sense of smell really triggers memories? Well 3-in-One oil is absolutely the smell of my childhood. Bike chains, sharpening stones, pellet guns: the memories really flood back...
CksfBjA.jpg

The Klein Tools rope knife got a workout doing yard work today - cutting trimmer line when it breaks and then over-feeds every two minutes:mad::mad:, cutting small branches off the wild cherry which has taken over a corner of my back yard and off the neighbors vine which had overgrown my fence...

The Antonini “search and rescue folding hand saw” is great by the way - I bought it for less than ten bucks and it cuts really well.

Close to mine too Tom, It's more like old oil on hot machinery, reminds me of my dad's coveralls, and the factories all over Sheffield when I was a kid :) :thumbsup:

I thought you might be interested in this discovery I made this morning. I've been walking a lot more since "the troubles" started, and I started keeping a list of locations of Little Free Libraries in neighborhoods through which I travel, mainly to use as knife photo locations. My wife sent me to return a book this morning at one of those libraries about 5 blocks from our house.
Here's the house and bookbox, quite nicely matched in paint, shingles, and even architectural style (kind of):
View attachment 1316238
As I got closer, I thought, "What's that on the side of the box?"
View attachment 1316239
Ever see anything like that before??
View attachment 1316244

Here's my lambs foot stag senator on the library:
View attachment 1316245

- GT

That is pretty darn cool Gary :) :thumbsup:

It may have been named for a fish, but I can't block out the insect association.

I forgot about those, nasty! o_O ;) :thumbsup:

Fine pairing Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you Jack. Breakfast is served. Perfect.

View attachment 1316300

Camillus Quill Pen. Just like the one given to George Washington by his Mommy.
View attachment 1316301

DB36C597-8633-42FC-8B65-299595493531_zpsjo8osvea.jpeg

Thanks buddy, that's a cool Camillus, and a great pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) Good to see that technology has advanced so much in the 107 years since the 1913 flu pandemic! :eek: o_O :rolleyes:

Today my ten year old Granddaughter wanted to do some geo caching in the neighborhood, she picked out 3 that were all within a mile and a half of the house, nice day, good walk and we had to get out of the house. She wanted to take one of her knives and I said what do you need a knife for? Her quote “ in case I need to cut something” how could I argue with that. She picked out a really nice Trapper that she picked out of a GAW box, the knife was beautifully scrimshawed by r8shell r8shell . And I had my Lamb Foot.
View attachment 1316304

View attachment 1316307

View attachment 1316315

Obs Grandpa! :DThat's a cool Trapper, nice work r8shell r8shell , and a Lambsfoot is always a good choice, of course ;) :thumbsup:

Today my ten year old Granddaughter wanted to do some geo caching in the neighborhood, she picked out 3 that were all within a mile and a half of the house, nice day, good walk and we had to get out of the house. She wanted to take one of her knives and I said what do you need a knife for? Her quote “ in case I need to cut something” how could I argue with that. She picked out a really nice Trapper that she picked out of a GAW box, the knife was beautifully scrimshawed by r8shell r8shell . And I had my Lamb Foot.
View attachment 1316304

View attachment 1316307

View attachment 1316315
:cool::thumbsup:
Still raining down there?
Pretty much. Still cool and cloudy, though. I'm not complaining.
I forgot about those, nasty! o_O ;)
You wouldn't if you saw the Texas sized monsters! :eek:

Swapped to this one when I got home. @Jsega51 gave it to me in august of 2016, just after I found out he was coming and the house had just flooded. It’s my reminder of everything people has done for us in that time, and how generous people here are. There’s more to the story, but the end is that it’s been dedicated to be his. Here’s today’s, and every birthday including the day he was born. Happy birthday little man. You’re my daily reminder that God sometimes blesses you in ways that you don’t think are as much at the time.
2133A91F-1266-469B-B281-5AE8DD50B0CA.jpeg 01C68E12-D00D-4284-AF2F-D9D16B591626.jpeg 2EF0D0CF-D9D3-4646-9B94-7169B7441369.jpeg B294A3D3-2043-49CB-961C-E45EEE34C45B.jpeg

One nice thing about living in a very rural section of the Appalachians is I don't have to try very hard to maintain any social distancing.

Took my oldest and his neighbor friend from down the road to play in the creek. There's a natural spring a little further downstream that they walk to to fill up their water bottles....they think they are a couple of Daniel Boones drinking that spring water

Schrade barlow helped supervise from the seat of my ATV.

John, AnW AnW , & @Mitt ,

I thought you might be interested in this discovery I made this morning. I've been walking a lot more since "the troubles" started, and I started keeping a list of locations of Little Free Libraries in neighborhoods through which I travel, mainly to use as knife photo locations. My wife sent me to return a book this morning at one of those libraries about 5 blocks from our house.
Here's the house and bookbox, quite nicely matched in paint, shingles, and even architectural style (kind of):
View attachment 1316238
As I got closer, I thought, "What's that on the side of the box?"
View attachment 1316239
Ever see anything like that before??
View attachment 1316244

Here's my lambs foot stag senator on the library:
View attachment 1316245

- GT
That is a cool idea!!

You know how the sense of smell really triggers memories? Well 3-in-One oil is absolutely the smell of my childhood. Bike chains, sharpening stones, pellet guns: the memories really flood back...
CksfBjA.jpg

The Klein Tools rope knife got a workout doing yard work today - cutting trimmer line when it breaks and then over-feeds every two minutes:mad::mad:, cutting small branches off the wild cherry which has taken over a corner of my back yard and off the neighbors vine which had overgrown my fence...

The Antonini “search and rescue folding hand saw” is great by the way - I bought it for less than ten bucks and it cuts really well.
3-in-One is great. Wish they'd kept the metal can, though.

Back