What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Got home and put this 3-3/8" Western 657 in my pocket.
MdqCSDE.jpg

h9EjkDe.jpg

Thanks, Gary. Is yours from the same maker? I see yours has a name on the pile side of the blade--maker, seller, something else?
Vince, my daughter bought mine in the workshop of Mariano Zamarano, a famous knife maker in Toledo, Spain. But he apparently keeps some production knives on hand for customers who can't afford his custom blades; these he marks with his blade etch "M.Z. Toledo". My knife has no markings on it that indicate it was made by the Nieto cutlery company, but it's quite obvious that it's the same model as yours. A Spanish BF member explained to me that this is common practice in Spain.

My Peanut-like knife this week is a Case mini copperhead:
minicop.main.ped.jpg

My stag/horn knife this week is a Rough Rider medium stag stockman:
stagmed.pile.3open.1.jpg

My lambsfoot this week is the 2017 Guardians buffalo horn model that I named Lam Jack (thanks, @mrknife):
gl.mark.halfopen.GLOW.jpg

- GT

Carrying this big #99 and Staggering a bit with its weight!!:D
Makes me feel like a real traditional collector!!:cool: Case could be the most collected pocketknife in America!!:eek: Wonder why??;)
4 1/8"long and about a mile wide!!:rolleyes:
Old 99 1.jpg Old 99 2.jpg

These two today. I didn't get to do any cutting (well, I did use some loppers and a hedge trimmer!), but I was rubbing cutting board with mineral oil tonight and decided to use the excess on the two knives I was carrying. Gave them a nice healthy shine, which is less noticeable in the poor indoor lighting at night.
D1E32848-5FB6-4202-BE59-D50883C8C6D6_1_105_c.jpeg

Thanks, JJ. :)
When I was in high school, the minister at our church required all of us in his "catechism class" to write an outline of the sermon each Sunday morning, including at least his 3 main points. Not hard to see the main points of your triple wharncliffe beauty! :cool::cool:;)
Thanks Gary; that's classic you recall that, as all I remember (from around the 3rd grade) is getting whacked across the knuckles with a ruler for lack of attentiveness!:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
That's a great photo of two exceptional knife :cool: Plenty of cutting options there ;) :) :thumbsup:
Thank you for your kind words, Jack; if all goes well I won't be cutting myself!!!:oops::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I usually post in this thread each morning, but I went out hiking early today, so it's evening now, and I've had these three with me today :) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

UZ4NjLu.jpg

xNNYAtc.jpg

ccaLQAF.jpg
It looks as though you had an excellent day with your wonderful threesome, out in the wild; very cool!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
(Of course, I'm biased due to my daughter giving me this one for my birthday 4 years ago:
mz-menger-pile-closed-jpg.1376266
Your daughter certainly picked a beautiful Spanish gem for you; it reminds me of the wonderful Argento conducted 'Espana' by the London Symphony in 1956/57!:rolleyes::D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Many thanks, JJ. Superb image. Like I’m looking at a cutlery museum display, under glass.:thumbsup:
Thank you so very much, Harvey!!!
JB SFO Ebony Lamb Foot.
fa687db3-e5fe-4920-a048-1a5a96ba352a-jpeg.1376234
I greatly admire the rich ebony covers on your JB Lamb; another remarkable image and set, as well!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! Rest well my friend! :)

Thanks Ron, I was out like a light! :D :thumbsup:

Many thanks, Jack.

Happy to hear that you had the chance today to hike. Now it’s time to rehydrate.:D

Thank you pal ;) :thumbsup:

lIvauwB.jpg

Cool pic Harvey :cool: :thumbsup:

Pile side of my HHB.
ynffpA7.jpg

Great pic Dave :thumbsup:

My Peanut-like knife this week is a Case mini copperhead:
View attachment 1376401

My stag/horn knife this week is a Rough Rider medium stag stockman:
View attachment 1376402

My lambsfoot this week is the 2017 Guardians buffalo horn model that I named Lam Jack (thanks, @mrknife):
View attachment 1376403

- GT

Fine threesome Gary :thumbsup:

Carrying this big #99 and Staggering a bit with its weight!!:D
Makes me feel like a real traditional collector!!:cool: Case could be the most collected pocketknife in America!!:eek: Wonder why??;)
4 1/8"long and about a mile wide!!:rolleyes:
View attachment 1376404 View attachment 1376405

That's a heck of a knife Charlie! :eek: Outstanding stag :thumbsup:

Classic pairing Joshua :thumbsup:

I was feeling a bit nostalgic for 2019, so I put this in my pocket for today’s traditional carry.

RjObb0s.jpg

Excellent photo :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind words, Jack; if all goes well I won't be cutting myself!!!:oops::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It looks as though you had an excellent day with your wonderful threesome, out in the wild; very cool!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I hope not my friend! :eek: I have to say, I've cut myself far more photographing knives, than I ever have using them :rolleyes: Thank you very much, I'll be posting some pics in the Guardians thread later :thumbsup:

These two jacks for Sunday; the big fella is a Camillus made Remington. :)

I always enjoy seeing these two beauties, both superb :cool: Love the French Ivory and triangular shield on the Remington :cool: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) :thumbsup:

WU6yAbQ.jpg

SkUPxKC.jpg

Back