What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I've Got old faithful in my pocket today USA made Schrade 5OT. Those of you that are somewhere around my age which is """" ERRR """" OLD probably remember the old wooden knife display cases sitting on the counter of your local feed and seed or hardware store packed full of shiny new Scharade, Camillius, Colonial and so on pocket knives that could be had for just a few bucks. I would go into town with my PaPaw and stand and stare at those knives mounted in those old cases until he had to pry me out the door. Man things were sure different back in the 60's you could slip a knife in your pocket and head off to school and nobody would ever think twice about it. Now if a kid caries a knife they're labeled as a delinquent or worse and the knife would be confiscated and the police called.

cew19KA.jpg

Nice hard working pair !

Yup~ and I am heading out to see if there are any blackberries that need picking before dark, but when I settle into my chair in a bit the knives will get a going over. Especially a little oil. I got real sweaty before the thunderstorm whipped through.

You know I’m diggin that Craftsman!!!

That’s funny! :D If it’s ok to ask here, Gary, what app are you using to catalogue your knives? I looked at a few collection cataloguing apps/software a while back, but never found anything that seemed exactly right, so I just created an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of mine. It works well pretty well, but photos (even sized down) make it a bit bulky.
Barrett, I looked around quite a bit and finally found MyCollections by Altova. It's available for IPhone, Android and Windows and it's free. It was easy to set up and use. So far so, so good. I've got 50 knives or so in there so far, including pics. I work at it sporadically and have a long way to go.

Just came up from being chased to the the basement because of a Tornado Warning . Grateful that another one Did miss us . We have received over 3 inches of rain in less than an hour . No pictures taken today . It is however Two TEWs Monday for me . Old & New

Harry

Glad it missed you Harry, stay safe :thumbsup:

I'm still having problems with the 'Like' and 'multi-quote' functions, even with the page loaded :(

Cute Heeler Pup. :cool::thumbsup:

Here's mine...

And the Knife Content... In my pocket.

Nice Heeler and Lambsfoot combo John ;) Good luck at skool today mate :thumbsup:

Barrett, I looked around quite a bit and finally found MyCollections by Altova. It's available for IPhone, Android and Windows and it's free. It was easy to set up and use. So far so, so good. I've got 50 knives or so in there so far, including pics. I work at it sporadically and have a long way to go.

I remember you starting that project Gary, and thinking I should do the same one day :rolleyes:

Thank you kindly Jack!!!

Can't go wrong starting the week with those two wonderful slicers!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had this Robeson jack in my pocket for a mad day of errands; time to relax. :)

Thanks a lot my friend, glad you got a chance to put your feet up :) Great-looking Robeson :thumbsup:

Two favorites, Red Soup Anniversary TC and Ebony Churchill:thumbsup:
aEVXej.jpg

Excellent pair Paul :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, pocketing my usual Hartshead Barlow, and a Random Tuesday Lick Creek TC Barlow :) :thumbsup:

uaTgu1d.jpg

yRjK88h.jpg

Wow- nice stag on that German knife. Do they call it a half whittler?
Lots of potential in those staves, too!

Thanks Jeff. I have referred to it as a pen knife before but I believe you're correct about the pattern being a half whittler. I have a larger full whittler knife with 3 blades that is a matching pattern other than number of blades. It all makes sense to me now. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1396440

Back