What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

bsoobGy.jpg

Saturday's simple carry. Most likely a recycled photo.
original.jpg
I like the simplicity of those SAK single blades. Never been a fan of the Swiss champ, but those are awesome. Less is more. Sitting on a Tilley hat by any chance? It kind of looks like my hat.

You’re like the proud father of those twins. I love it. They’re gorgeous.

5K Qs 5K Qs ~
I understood the genesis of your comment, Gary!;)

And thanks for commenting on my pics!
:D:thumbsup::thumbsup: I expected nothing less from an avid gardener like you, Jeff.

Wondering what it would be like to be a "one knife guy".
Looking through my collection, I chose what I would deem to be my perfect knife.
So, I am bound and determined to carry only this knife all the way through the month of October.
Best wishes for your 1.5 month challenge, John! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
If you can't "go one-knife" with that knife, I don't think it's the knife's fault. :D

Just the peanut for the past couple of days.
ZYZxKpB.jpg
That is a superb peanut! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What does Case call the cover material on that one?

Many thanks GT, some good-looking Rough Riders there, I always admire their smooth tobacco bone :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) I also think that's one of RR's best handle materials.

The smell of 35s and 74s is on the air so I brought out my meager examples - having carried a large Coke Bottle for the past month, these feel rather diminutive by comparison.

Pc454vA.jpg
Trio of dark beauties, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Recent acquisition for my wooden Wednesday.
original.jpg
That Böker Barlow is incredibly handsome! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I just don't seem to be able to kick my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket! :eek: :thumbsup:

rjonprS.jpg
Jack, at some point you're simply going to have to show that knife who is really in charge!! :D:cool:

Today I carry this GEC #83 in Ebony wood in my pocket.;):thumbsup:
I always admire your #83 lockbacks, José; this ebony is very dignified! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on still going strong, John! ;):cool::cool:

Hope I won’t need to castrate anyone today, but I’m prepared.
9QWwHVv.jpg
I'm sure most of us join you in that hope every day, Dan! :eek::D
I enjoy your fencepost shots! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

TEW in black walnut, and medium Craftsman stockman in rosewood for today.
Enjoy the day youse guys!View attachment 1419933View attachment 1419937
Good wood, Jeff! I really like that TEW lambsfoot and the checkerboard or crosshatch pattern I think I see in the walnut grain! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I’ve got these two in my pockets today. First is a Tidioute #23L Beaver Tail in Jigged Brazilian Cherry. Thanks again Eleanor and Barrett @btb01 for this terrific knife. :cool: Tagging along is my Waynorth Cutlery Jigged Bone Lambsfoot. My thoughts for everyone in the paths of the wildfires and the storms in the gulf! :) :thumbsup:

50348830852_96aaf34bd8_c_d.jpg
Splendid pair, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (I'd have trouble thinking of that WCLF as "tagging along" with any knife. ;)) Amen to your thoughts on fires and storms!

Enviable international timber trio, Jer! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My most often carried traditional knife with me today.
eDrXk8f.jpg
Gorgeous shadow stag, Gary; easy to see why it's a frequent carry! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an old E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter (thanks, Mark). The number on the tang stamp corresponds to an old catalog cut that suggests that the knife started life as a cocobolo spey.
kk.ebony.open.jpg

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly. For me, knives don't get much better than this (and keep your comments about my low standards to yourself, please :rolleyes:):
stag.sow.mark.closed.jpg

Lambsfoot of the Week is a knife I named Black Jack, a @Jack Black SFO from A. Wright & Son as the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot:
mark.V.woods.jpg

- GT

Lovely birthday present! But how did they know?:D

Great matched stag there. I like the ambidextrous nail pull.

Thank you very much, Jeff.:thumbsup:
They didn't know, I was very lucky that she arrived in time for my birthday.
I only say one thing, it's a fabulous knife.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Are you dying to know what economy canoe I have this week? Wait for it ... the ever-popular Marbles with "damascus etch" blades and stag bone covers:
canoe-stagbone-mark-2open-jpg.1421152

Itching to see my premium canoe this week? Feast your eyes on this stag Mohawk canoe from AG Russell by way of Germany:
mohawk-mark-main-jpg.1421154

Fabulous canoes, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the simplicity of those SAK single blades. Never been a fan of the Swiss champ, but those are awesome. Less is more. Sitting on a Tilley hat by any chance? It kind of looks like my hat.
<snip>

Thank you! I like up to a certain number of tools on a knife, then it begins to get to bulky and unwieldy IMHO. Good eye, it's one of the Tilley Airflows. Have to keep the sun off the noggin'. :)

<snips>
That Böker Barlow is incredibly handsome! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
<snips>

Thanks! I agree - I think Boker did a very nice job on the castle wood editions.

Stag for Stagurday. Have a great weekend!
DemPaAD.jpg

That fixed-blade is a looker! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can't blame you for that... that's a beauty!

Thanks, it stayed in my pocket all week and I never felt like I needed more knife.

That is a superb peanut! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: What does Case call the cover material on that one?

Thanks. I think it's a pocket worn burnt brown, or something along those lines.

Usually, if I carry a stockman it's my Case yellow CV, so this 34OT doesn't get the pocket time it deserves.

KQo75Jx.jpg

Back