What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

12 years and never carried one? :eek::eek::eek:

On a more serious note, I have really come to like this one a bunch. When I first got it I thought “wow this thing is small”, but after carrying it more and more it has grown on me to the point that it is in my pocket more often than not. Don’t have a 66 to compare it to, but in my opinion you can’t go wrong with the 29. Hope you are able to find the one that works for you.

I have both of them already and it's a hard choice to make. There are different things I like about each of them.

I'm quite pleased with this one, and I heard that Delrin is okay, over here.

LUIdnJZ.jpg

It is hard to come up with a more traditional work knife that that TL29. Knice knife :thumbsup: Shorttime! :)

I'm carrying my CSC Forum Knife for Wooden Wednesday.

View attachment 1420009
Cool pic of a top-notch knife, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Notable pair, Dee! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two French slicers today, one wearing Ebony and the other in Juniper. :)
Some might call them effete, JJ, but I think they are très élite!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I’m liken that knife.
That’s Right. I’m a fun guy.
You ARE a fun guy, Jeff! :D:thumbsup::D

Elegant and eclectic selection GT
Thanks, Jack. :) Not sure about the elegance of most of my knives, but "eclectic" is my middle name! :rolleyes:

That's a grand Wharncliffe mini trapper, Frank! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I’m on my second cup of coffee and I’ve got my Tidioute #35 Ebony Churchill and my Wright’s large Ironwood Lambsfoot close at hand!
49646930608_837ea95f43_c_d.jpg
Big-league pair, Ron, whether you're taking it easy or working hard! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The Quest successfully continues! ;):cool::thumbsup:

Got the 93 and a new to me Craftsman 4” stockman today. My father-in-law is in town and gave me this stockman he picked up for me because he knows I love these knives. It don’t suck to have good people in yer life!

You got that right, Jon! Congrats on the new stockman! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Still no snow. Day 27 with the 29 :D
AIYk2ky.jpg
With global warming, pandemics, etc, you may be "stuck" with that fabulous #29 until '29, Mike! :eek:;):thumbsup:

Which is all a lead up to a request for help. Some months ago, a member posted in this thread~ maybe 6 months or more ago. He is not a frequent poster. He spoke of having served in the armed forces, carried a TL-29, and wished he still had one. Well, I want to send him one, so if anyone remembers that poster, or if he’s reading this, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
@Peregrin ~ if this is the wrong thread for this, pls let me know. It was in this thread that the member posted, so I thought this might be the best place for him to see it.
In case you haven't made any progress on your request, Jeff, maybe this is a link to the post you mention:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ya-totin-today.547127/page-7483#post-19271525
or more recently:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ya-totin-today.547127/page-7323#post-19174288

Thanks for the compliment Gary and that exact same thing has happened to me before where poof! it's done disappeared:mad::)
Yeah, it's always been "all or nothing" in the past for me; this was the first time I remember losing some of my quotes, but not all of them. :confused::rolleyes:

Oregon trapper and KeenKutter Cattle knife

6tdYtVs.jpg
That KK Kattle Knife is Kool, Steve!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nice group this week, Gary. Your rare Vic Cadet II is always a treat to see.
Thanks for the kind comment, Dean. That Cadet 2 is a favorite, and I sharpened it up a bit this week and have enjoyed using it for food prep. :)
Speaking of treats, your Ulster #10 Barlow qualifies! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hard to resist doing some modification to an Opinel, isn't it, David? ;):D Lookin' good! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Toting a couple of tough old cocobolo covered slicers today; love that old steel. :)
That Catt spey-blade knife is very nice, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Out of the safe for some love and a wipe down. Castle wood Barlow , oak covers from a castle built in 1133
qPegJtl.jpg
Boffo Böker Barlow!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Hope everyone has had a good week :thumbsup: I'm treating myself to a Double Lambsfoot Day today :D ;) :thumbsup:

T7Mq7Q3.jpg

wcIztZx.jpg
Best lambsfoots of 2019 are certainly a treat, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Today I carry in my pocket this wonderful Lion Steel CK edition, in stag, it arrives precisely on my birthday.:D:thumbsup:
... ...
Belated Happy Birthday, José, and congrats on the superb knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Thanks a lot Jack!!! Have a great time out in the fresh air!:cool::thumbsup:

Carrying my 2019 forum knife today :)
Just came back from visiting the chickadees lol
2hf3rTI.jpg

ziO8Q7w.jpg

2gbyTiz.jpg

09Q3N91.jpg

Cools pics Dan :cool: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Jack, at some point you're simply going to have to show that knife who is really in charge!! :D:cool:

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an old E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter (thanks, Mark). The number on the tang stamp corresponds to an old catalog cut that suggests that the knife started life as a cocobolo spey.
View attachment 1421686

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly. For me, knives don't get much better than this (and keep your comments about my low standards to yourself, please :rolleyes:):
View attachment 1421691

Lambsfoot of the Week is a knife I named Black Jack, a Jack Black Jack Black SFO from A. Wright & Son as the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot:
View attachment 1421692

- GT

You're right Gary! :D :thumbsup:

Admirable companions my friend :) :thumbsup:

My usual Lambsfoot, never far away...
Enjoying a little Saturday Sausage Sammich before heading out.

Looks tasty John :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. :) Not sure about the elegance of most of my knives, but "eclectic" is my middle name! :rolleyes:

That's a more attractive middle name than Arthur buddy! :D :thumbsup:

Best lambsfoots of 2019 are certainly a treat, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT :) :thumbsup:

With global warming, pandemics, etc, you may be "stuck" with that fabulous #29 until '29, Mike! :eek:;):thumbsup:

- GT

That wouldn't be the worst thing in 2020 ;)

I've really been enjoying the 29. Now we have another reason to dread the coming winter. :p

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is an old E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter (thanks, Mark). The number on the tang stamp corresponds to an old catalog cut that suggests that the knife started life as a cocobolo spey.
kk-ebony-open-jpg.1421686

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly. For me, knives don't get much better than this (and keep your comments about my low standards to yourself, please :rolleyes:):
stag-sow-mark-closed-jpg.1421691

Lambsfoot of the Week is a knife I named Black Jack, a Jack Black Jack Black SFO from A. Wright & Son as the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot:
mark-v-woods-jpg.1421692
Excellent threesome Gary; your classic Keen Kutter is a very cool old slicer!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Some might call them effete, JJ, but I think they are très élite!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
That Catt spey-blade knife is very nice, JJ! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot x 2, Gary!!!:D

View attachment 1421686

View attachment 1421691

View attachment 1421692

- GT

Gary, your Rough Rider stag sowbelly is the cat's meow. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Cool pic of a top-notch knife, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind comment, Dean. That Cadet 2 is a favorite, and I sharpened it up a bit this week and have enjoyed using it for food prep. :)

Speaking of treats, your Ulster #10 Barlow qualifies! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you kindly, Gary.

Back