What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund , I got curious.

The history of the Camillus Electrician's knife is complicated. The ones that say "TL-29" were made under contract to the military. I thought that was Camillus' item number for the knife, so now I'm a little smarter.

Some of the military issue ones were made with Delrin, most were made with wood slabs, and it depends on the year. Further confusing things is that Klein was involved somehow, too. I'm unclear on exactly how.

Mine is not a TL-29, just a civilian Electrician's Knife. Beyond the "TL-29" stamp, I'm not sure if there is any difference...?

The slab material on mine looks like what I've heard called "Ebony Delrin" (mostly by A G Russell). If I'm going to be wrong, I figure I'll at least act confident about it.

The Camillus civilian TL-29 is a #27 electrician listed as having Cabone handles

Cabone is Delrin

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-is-camillus-cabone.179445/

http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us/Catalogs/Catalogs.htm

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Itching to see my premium canoe this week? Feast your eyes on this stag Mohawk canoe from AG Russell by way of Germany:
mohawk-mark-main-jpg.1421154
Looks like some nice old worn stag.

Something old made for Hoffritz and something new by RR21F3564D-8BC0-46A5-BD4A-3523E55D28B1.jpeg

Whole barrel chicken, london broil and some homemade spaghetti.
View attachment 1422240
I think the comb will help to clean out the food I get into my beard...

I don’t care what they told you that comb is for. I think it would work fine for getting ticks and cockleburrs out of Manny’s fur.View attachment 1422442

Today’s pair are a couple of Pal Blade Co WWII veterans, a TL-29, and Jack, Navy Utility.View attachment 1422445View attachment 1422446 and since I was pocketing Pals, I thought I’d put my only other Pal on my belt.View attachment 1422447

Last edited:
I was shocked to see some Fall colors yesterday; it's only August! Well, mid-September, late September. Anyway, it put me in mind of this reddish Case.
2UIocP1.jpg

We've had very little rain the last few months around here, so the Fall colors will likely be disappointing this year. The maple leaves are already turning brown & falling. But here's some Case red bone to brighten things up.
20200920_083956-X4.jpg

My game is on after dinner. :D:thumbsup:

Well, truth be told, there are some long ignored indoor repairs I will be hard pressed to avoid!
Eagerly anticipating our late son’s two girls, 13 and 14, their 8 yr old stepsister, and their mom coming to stay for a week, plus, because he wants to see them too, and airfare is dirt cheap, our other son and 4yr old grandson are flying in too.
So yeah. I’d better put off the procrastinating.

5K Qs 5K Qs thanks for the inquiry, getting better and better day by day. Looking forward to having these latest improvements all up to speed by deer season - hope to get back that twilight time that is so productive. Speaking of that, its time to pull out the hunting knives (Bucks) and touch up the edges. OH
Best wishes for a "brighter" future with the "new eyes"! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

We're a shambles my friend! :eek: :D Yeah, think this one is going through it's teenage years! :D Thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:
Shambles, indeed, and getting shamblier each day! :eek::D

Too cool for short sleeves the last few mornings, but that short sleeveboard is appropriate year-round! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Good morning! I’m carrying these two big Ebony clad slicers today. I’ve got a Le Thiers par Chambriard Compagnon at 11.5 cm (Thanks Will!) and a Wright’s large Lambsfoot at just a shade over 4” (Thanks Jack!). Y’all have a great weekend! :) :thumbsup:

50355544971_298e271d49_o_d.jpg
Way to go Big for Black Friday, Ron! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Again today...
You're on a winning streak like the NY Yankees, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I was thinking the Alpine green 18, but realized I've been pining for the Kutmaster schizoid jack.
7rpvqaH.jpg

rhw5nSP.jpg

I don't think I've ever noticed the unusual blade combo on your schizoid jack, Jer. Full-size sheepsfoot and spearpoint in that frame is a pair with definite appeal! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Full Disclosure: it was a fake news staged photo. :p That 'piller was just walking along peacefully, when I plonked the knife down in his path for the shot.
Thanks for "the rest of the story", Rachel. ;) Seems like all news is fake news for somebody these days; I'm not a big fan of the postmodern view that "all truth is relative". :( (But I suppose that all started with the non-Euclidean geometry discoveries, so I have no one to blame but my own profession! :rolleyes:)
Cool blue Farmer and pearl knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Like em all Gary but that Mohawk Canoe floats above the falls;):)
Fine selection GT :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice turn of phrase Paul :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, I have to up my game when entering into Gary's world of wordsmithing:D
Wow, premium is the right word for that knife! Nice one. OH
Thanks, Paul & Jack & Bruce, for the knife compliments and the kind words on my words. :) That Mohawk is probably my favorite canoe, and in my top two for stag.

Beautiful Stockman, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, John; the bone is awesome. :)

Could be frost tonight.
WFaHLaW.jpg
Dave you have a lot of fine knives, but that Hay'n Helper may be my favorite! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Got some great news today: my order from Fontenille Pataud shipped! It is a Thiers Natural (11.5 cm). Can't wait!
Great shots of your rosewood HHB and your Opinel, Vince! Congrats on the impending arrival of another French classic! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Talking of tasty treats, I've managed to combine my Saturday hike with a 3 course pit-stop this week! :D ;) Hope everyone has a great weekend :) I'll be carrying these three, Hartshead Barlow, Issard Violon, Enzo Elver :thumbsup:
Your hiking plans sound fascinating, Jack, and I admire your trio of sharp fellow travelers! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's like you read my mind, Gary! That is exactly what I was wondering, curious about dying to know and itching to see!!! :D

Another excellent foursome, sir. :)
Just call me Carnac the Magnificent, Dean. :p Thanks for the supportive remark.
Your black Buck Cadet is iconic! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting the old Imperial Navy jack with the Queen made Winchester sowbelly. :)
JJ, I've rarely seen a sowbelly stockman I didn't want, but in your pair the humble Navy jack is the real star IMHO! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Carrying my 2019 forum knife today :)
Just came back from visiting the chickadees lol
2hf3rTI.jpg

That black knife is a real "chick(adee) magnet", Dan; amazing photos! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks GT! And spot on with the Opinel mod. I have since made a more sophisticated handle since with a “stop pin” (as I call it) imbedded in the handle. That stop pin prevents the viroblock locking mechanism from not functioning once the blade wears down.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Saturday's simple carry. Most likely a recycled photo.
original.jpg
Elegantly simple!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Another day with the Outlaw! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(Or is it "Another day older and deeper in debt" like that old "16 Tons" song? :rolleyes:)

- GT

Eagerly anticipating our late son’s two girls, 13 and 14, their 8 yr old stepsister, and their mom coming to stay for a week, plus, because he wants to see them too, and airfare is dirt cheap, our other son and 4yr old grandson are flying in too.
That sounds like something to look forward to. :cool::thumbsup:

You're on a winning streak like the NY Yankees, John!
Yankees? That's baseball, right? :D

Thank you, John; the bone is awesome.
Awesome... you can say that again. ;):thumbsup:

Another day with the Outlaw!
Riding with Billy the Kid. :cool:

Great picture, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning and Happy Sunday... Are you ready for some football?

Thanks a lot John, that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Shambles, indeed, and getting shamblier each day! :eek::D

Growing old disgracefully! :D :thumbsup:

Your hiking plans sound fascinating, Jack, and I admire your trio of sharp fellow travelers! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had a few adventures GT, but we still made our lunch reservation with 10 minutes to go! :D :thumbsup:

WBOvDqJ.jpg

Hope you have a safe and peaceful Sunday!
Case-Bose Coffin Jack for the win today. Wonderful blades on this knife!
v7fKypa.jpg

Always a treat to see that one Gary :) :thumbsup:

Back