What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Alox of the Week is an Old Cross Pioneer:
red-oc-pioneer-mark-open-jpg.1432162

Awesome this Pioneer, I love to see the using of many years.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Alox of the Week is an Old Cross Pioneer:
View attachment 1432162

non-Alox SAK of the Week is a Vic Florist/Gardener:
View attachment 1432163

My rotation schedule actually "ran out" last week (after 52 weeks), and this week I'm just cobbling together some knives that I acquired since making the schedule. I hope to have a new 55-week schedule ready for next week.
Anyway, that explains why I happen to have TWO bailed non-SAKs this week, and NO International knives.
Imperial Kamp-King:
View attachment 1432173

Imperial scout with pen blade:
View attachment 1432188

- GT

Nice choices Gary !

They might not all make it. It's going to be too warm for a jacket.
rUVkyJG.jpg

But there's no reason not to carry the Trim Trio or the Imperial, and I can't put away my new surprise Camillus. The Wright doesn't mind a little rattling around, and the Remington doesn't add much bulk.

They were laying against the middle one .

I have made 4 of them .

Harry
And I thought a head knocker cudgel was just the ticket for securing my personal space in the crowded aisles of the Badger Knife Show, so I shamelessly copied Harry and made one too.
Alas, the knife show fell victim to the flu, but this thing is handy for enforcing “social distancing”.:D
View attachment 1432383
I had an old red elm shovel handle that I was happy to re-purpose.
They might not all make it. It's going to be too warm for a jacket.
rUVkyJG.jpg

But there's no reason not to carry the Trim Trio or the Imperial, and I can't put away my new surprise Camillus. The Wright doesn't mind a little rattling around, and the Remington doesn't add much bulk.
I think at least five is about right!:thumbsup:
Two Wengers in my left pocket, a pen or peanut in my little pocket, and two totes in my right pocket, and I still have room on my belt!:D:rolleyes:
I don’t suffer from insanity~ I’ve learned to enjoy it.

I did wear gloves when I chopped them, but the jelly isn't that hot. I'm definitely going to grow them again next year.
Of the hot peppers, poblanos have become my favorite. And those are very mild compared to even jalapenos!
Maybe I’ll try growing something more daring next year, because this year’s salsa was almost too mild.:oops:

Hey! It’s Tuesday, and that means Two-two blade Jack day!
View attachment 1432388 View attachment 1432389 View attachment 1432391

They were laying against the middle one .

I have made 4 of them .

Harry

And I thought a head knocker cudgel was just the ticket for securing my personal space in the crowded aisles of the Badger Knife Show, so I shamelessly copied Harry and made one too.
Alas, the knife show fell victim to the flu, but this thing is handy for enforcing “social distancing”.:D
View attachment 1432383
I had an old red elm shovel handle that I was happy to re-purpose.

I think at least five is about right!:thumbsup:
Two Wengers in my left pocket, a pen or peanut in my little pocket, and two totes in my right pocket, and I still have room on my belt!:D:rolleyes:
I don’t suffer from insanity~ I’ve learned to enjoy it.

Ah! Canes! Very cool. I thought I recognized the shape. I'd love to make one, though I hardly look like I'd need one. Somedays I feel like I would though.
Are canes back in style yet? (...he asks the traditional knife forum)
I'd love to whittle a tenon to fit a brass topper.

Ah! Canes! Very cool. I thought I recognized the shape. I'd love to make one, though I hardly look like I'd need one. Somedays I feel like I would though.
Are canes back in style yet? (...he asks the traditional knife forum)
I'd love to whittle a tenon to fit a brass topper.
First, ya gotta scour the flea markets for an old harness hame...
Canes in style? I look at that like I look at my knives ~ function and utility first, then style:D.
I was paralyzed from the neck down much of 2012. I came home in a wheelchair just in time for Thanksgiving, graduated to a walker, then canes. Now, by the grace of God, I no longer need anything to get around and get in trouble. :eek:

Of the hot peppers, poblanos have become my favorite. And those are very mild compared to even jalapenos!
Maybe I’ll try growing something more daring next year, because this year’s salsa was almost too mild.:oops:
Have you tried chiltepin peppers? They are similar to chile pequín peppers, and are native to the US. They are my favourites. Lot of heat that dissipates quickly. I eat a lot of jalapeños too.

Having the Stag Chambriard out today.

nHDcokA.jpg
Will, your Stag Chambriaird is a top notch example my friend. :thumbsup: Is it a 10cm? :)

Pocketing some bone today, with a vintage William Rodgers Lambsfoot, gifted to me by Charlie @waynorth, and a random Queen Canoe, gifted to me by @pmew :) :thumbsup:

0wglq4R.jpg

AeFH0JC.jpg
Your William Rodgers is a superb example Jack! :cool: That Charlie is a really fine fellow! Nice bone on your Queen. :thumbsup: What has happened to our friend Paul? I hope he and his family are doing well! :) :thumbsup:

Back