What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

As usual, I'm carrying a couple of standard canoes this week, a Rough Rider with Painted Desert acrylic covers and a Case with Rough Black or Gum Fuddy covers (thanks, Alan):
View attachment 1432582
View attachment 1432583

Also as usual, I'm carrying a sowbelly stockman and a "regular" stockman. This week they are a Rough Rider tobacco bone sowbelly and an old Imperial stockman a former colleague gave me:
View attachment 1432585
View attachment 1432586

- GT

Four handsome knives GT :) That's a great pic of the RR Canoe, the covers are much better-looking in your photo than any of the dealer pics I've seen :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly, Jack!!!

A couple of bone covered lovelies for you today;I alway dig the classic bone and you lamb is marvelous!:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much JJ :) :thumbsup:

After spotting Jeff's "shortline" Camillus 23 ( Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund ) I grabbed these two Remingtons; the big fella is also made by Camillus. :)

I always look forward to seeing these two, something very special about them :) :thumbsup:

Took a hike with the 4x5. SAK in my camera bag was used.
qDwbK04.jpg

Very cool Dave :cool: :thumbsup:

A couple of Charlie's finest for me today.

bHrjHhw.jpg

What a great pair Dylan! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Edit - Forgot to post my carry! :D :thumbsup:

kU8cRtI.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1432839 View attachment 1432840

This is my favorite of all the Forum Knives, and perhaps the best of the 35’s. (Of course, the 85 pattern Forum Knife has eluded me so far, and that one could take the top spot.) Thank you John @Chief for making this one available to me. One more off my wishlist!

Corto_Malt Corto_Malt , that San Mai is gorgeous. I am glad that I do not have access to the type of beautiful knives you own. My collection would certainly be out of control!

It's so nice seeing somebody still laying things out on paper instead of a computer program. :cool::thumbsup:
It helps me to visualize things better by writing them down, though I wish I weren't doing this one...I knocked my brick mailbox over with my camper and it broke apart so I drew out the design to build a new one.

It's so nice seeing somebody still laying things out on paper instead of a computer program. :cool::thumbsup:
I'm with you on that one John, I carry either Fieldnote or Moleskin notebooks and have pages of sketches, dimensions, reminders and any sort of helpful info in them. Nanc, however has not been fond of me forgetting one or several in the washer over the years:eek:

I'm with you on that one John, I carry either Fieldnote or Moleskin notebooks and have pages of sketches, dimensions, reminders and any sort of helpful info in them. Nanc, however has not been fond of me forgetting one or several in the washer over the years:eek:

Same here :) I carry Field Notes and the Rite in the Rain Memo Books, got a drawer full of them :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Nice Churchill Dan, such a great knife. My ebony is a favorite user of mine and the smoothest GEC I own:thumbsup:
Thank you very much Paul! It's such a well designed knife. It's straight forward, simple, and has all the makings of a knife that has a long wear life. Mine's a favorite user of mine as well- she gets kicked out of the pocket in the name of variety, but no other knife I own has peeled more wood. I was really hoping for another Churchill run with these recent #35 Beer and Sausage knives, but alas... I'll get my "back up" some other year, I hope. As much as I love other knives, if I had to pick one? This one would probably be it.

Back