What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

rf2KbUR.jpg

Gary, not only do you have impeccable taste in cutlery, you’re also a Porch Poet! ;) :D
Thanks, Ron! My wife's usual response at my attempt at humor is a groan and an eye roll.;)
Congratulations Gary, pretty amazing :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack! That Nessmi was the only one I'd seen in weeks of daily searches. I think I got lucky.

Thank you, Jack. It felt like a Sheffield day. :) Your Stag Lambsfoot Barlow is classy cutlery. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like being real, that's why I'm carrying this knife for Stagurday. ;)

View attachment 1434780

Thanks a lot pal :) I love that pic :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack!!!

Great pair of totes for a day in the woods; your slingshot looks like a blast!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ, been having a lot of fun with the slingshot today :) :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack! That Nessmi was the only one I'd seen in weeks of daily searches. I think I got lucky.

Your perseverance paid off in the end my friend :) :thumbsup:

I had some photography issue yesterday and did not get to post yesterdays goings on which was more interesting than today . Started my latest project yesterday and had these 2 with me . A Remington Grand Daddy Barlow , which was a gift in 2017 from a young man who used to be on these forums . And a S&M Barlow from 2014 .

Then the U.S.Mail came and it brought me a couple of very nice Slips from sunknife sunknife Greg .
The one on the Left is great for knives 3 & 3/4 to 3 & 1/2 ..... The one on the Right was great for the Remington .

Then today I checked out the fits of the Single Blade 23 and the Single Blade 77 Barlow . The 2 Bladed 23 would not fit in the longer slip .

Thank you very much Greg . I have admired your slips a lot in your photos , but they are even nicer in hand . You say that you are practicing but I think you are beyond that stage my friend .

Harry
Thanks for the kind words, Harry. I like making knife slips and I sure enjoyed throwing together a couple for you my friend. I'm sure you'll put them to use from time to time and that makes me happy.:)

I've paired a whittler with a 2 bladed knife each of the past two days. Yesterday was a GEC osage moose and an old worn bone handled Ulster whittler,
pictured below up against the base of an osage tree. Today I'm carrying a RR bone handled copperhead and a Case Brothers jigged bone whittler.
View attachment 1434826 View attachment 1434828

Back