What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The McD crew is amassing at grandmas today. My crew of 6 + my brothers crew of 4, and my mom and dad. Typically there are more, but not this year. I’ll bring this handful of knives to pass around and tinker with with my brother and dad. Since there are no invites out to anyone who needs an adopted family to spend Thanksgiving with, I’ll bring along JTB_5 JTB_5 ‘s pajama pocket carver since his knife is far from home.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone!

The PJ Pocket Carver is looking well loved, Jon! Whoever has the knife during Christmas will need to be the designated package and box cutter, eh?

Here's what I've been carrying in the house this morning as we prep for our meal later:

1CC9E876-DFE9-4E39-8C27-C8FD0CD039AD_1_105_c.jpeg E5D5961A-5E15-4065-A9E4-D4D6DD218A0F_1_105_c.jpeg

20201126_080955-jpg.1462545
That shirt is a WIN! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a safe, enjoyable, and gratitude-filled Thanksgiving! :):thumbsup::)

Sowbelly Stockman this week is a stag bone Marbles (thanks, Randy):
sowbelly.mark.closed.coinpurse.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is a Schrade 34OT (thanks, Dave):
34OT.open.jpg

Budget Canoe of the Week is a Chinese Buck 389:
canoe.wood.389.mark.main.jpg

Premium Canoe of the Week is a Case amber jigged bone CV canoe:
canoe.amber.mark.Vmain.chair.jpg

- GT

I put my Buck 305 lancer in my pocket for the day and it just stayed there for I don't even know how long as it tends to do.

Today I decided to carry the 55, I love it but just haven't carried it for a while. Other knives in my assortment have been calling me lately.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, hopefully this year hasn't put a damper on the holiday for you.

Last edited:
Thanks Dean, I always admire the look of that Curly Maple, very cool :cool: :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends in the USA :) I know things are going to be different this year, but I hope you still have a lovely day :thumbsup:

bzrj0VH.jpg

1aWsJW7.jpg

Thank you for your comment, Jack. You have a fantastic soup bone TC; the Anniversary edition is the best of the soup bones IMHO.:thumbsup:

Gorgeous Damascus, Gev. :thumbsup:

hank you kindly JJ, two superb-looking S & Ms there my friend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!!
Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends in the USA :) I know things are going to be different this year, but I hope you still have a lovely day :thumbsup:

bzrj0VH.jpg

1aWsJW7.jpg
Wonderful pairing you have today in those beautiful woodsy settings; really digging the cool "soup bone" covers on your TC, as well!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back