What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Thanks @solphilos!!! I think they were made via a manmade "lightning machine;" a smaller, somewhat controlled form. :)

Jack Black likes this.
  2. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 14, 2012
    75F4710D-A5D6-4903-AC1E-B5AF6FC469C0.jpeg

3. JonMcD

JonMcD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2020
    29 and @JTB_5 ’s pajama pocket carver for all of today’s needs.

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, btb01, Old Hunter and 34 others like this.
  4. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Just opened this thread and your photo of some great knives Just Popped Out !!!! Wow !!!!

Harry

Reaper AL, Aryan29 and Peregrin like this.
  6. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    I do not normally carry Wood on Wednesdays like a lot of you , but today I did carry 2 Desert Ironwoods . While I had them out , I decided to add the Mesquite to the Waxing . The before and after pictures Do Not show much difference . Raining out all day today so photos were taken inside on the kitchen counter while my Bride of 60 + years is getting ready for tomorrows dinner that in a normal year would be feeding 20 + people and this year it will only be 4 people . We hope everyone has a Safe and Great Thanksgiving tomorrow .
    Before waxing
    [​IMG]
    After waxing
    [​IMG]
    The Pie Crust edge is just part of what I know is a Fabulous Pecan Pie .

Harry

btb01, Old Hunter, Headwinds and 30 others like this.
  7. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Western and a Woody for Wednesday

[​IMG]

8. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Looking good, Jon!

9. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    This might look familiar, but I just took the picture. Happy Thanksgiving Guardians!
    [​IMG]

Bastler, Old Hunter, RDaneel and 26 others like this.
  10. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Just the old Army Engineers and Marine Corps Utility Knife today.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, garc1am, Bastler and 35 others like this.
  11. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    Thanks! Yes I carved it with a double spiral and scorched one of them with a mico torch. Now its "rare" and "one of a kind" probably can add "vintage" so I probably could sell it on etsy for $900 :D But I wont sell, as it was a gift.;)
    That teardrop wharncliffe is subline:cool::thumbsup:

btb01, Reaper AL and sitflyer like this.
  12. paulhilborn

paulhilborn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I really like this CASE Barlow, English Walnut covers and fit and finish is impeccable:thumbsup: I liked it before but even more now after converting the pen blade into a coping blade:) paired today with a small Tinker.
    [​IMG]

btb01, Old Hunter, Headwinds and 34 others like this.
  13. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks!
    I'm tempted to try something like that.

14. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Changed a half day early.
    August, 2020 Buck Web Special Brass, S30V, and Ebony 110 on my belt, and a Marbles MR431 D2 and black canvas Micarta series Sowbelly Stockman in my pocket.
    My faux/replica Cold War Era West German Bundeswehr GAK is close to hand in my pencil/pen cup, in the event I need the saw for the turkey fowl, or yams, or mashed taters, or gravy, tomorrow, and/or if I need a spar point to cut the green bans (or Asparagus, whichever they decide upon, into bite size.) The Schrade 1095 and "Schrade +" blades I've been carrying, might not be capable of cutting the big turkey day meal.

I have less than zero doubt everything but the pre-made pies for desert will be overcooked, and will be about as easy to cut as a forged block or sheet of 6.3 titanium. :) "Ability to cook" does not seem to be on the list of skill sets for the staffettes that work shifts that meals are prepared. (many well in advance of being served.)

WIN_20201125_150625.JPG
    WIN_20201125_152524.JPG

15. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    For Thanksgiving Day:
    [​IMG]

16. thefrank

thefrank

Jan 26, 2013
    Modded Opinel No. 8

[​IMG]

btb01, Bastler, Old Hunter and 27 others like this.
  17. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Good Luck trying to eat your meal tomorrow my friend . I will be thinking about you tomorrow as I tie into the great meal that my Bride of 60 years will fix .

Harry

Amir Fleschwund and Reaper AL like this.
  18. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I dropped the Tribal Lock in my pocket for tomorrow. The kids & grandkids are scattered over four states & all have decided not to travel, so it'll be just my wife & I for a quiet Thanksgiving dinner. It'll be the first holiday in years that I won't have to remove my hearing aids.:) With four different families in this old house it can get pretty loud.
    [​IMG]

19. Aryan29

Aryan29 Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Laguiole Traditional
    [​IMG]

20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot Ron, that's an interesting Opi :cool: Love the patina on your Lambsfoot buddy :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Smashing Taramundi Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

Looking good Gev :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ, two superb-looking S & Ms there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Dean, I always admire the look of that Curly Maple, very cool :cool: :thumbsup:

It's a winning formula Dave :) ;) :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends in the USA :) I know things are going to be different this year, but I hope you still have a lovely day :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]