What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Today I carry this GEC #15 "Radio".;):thumbsup:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
  3. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    Weidmannsheil scout in blue bone.

scrteened porch and guy g like this.
  4. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
  5. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    What a wondrous knife !!!!

Jack Black likes this.
  6. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Volunteered to work today to get us ahead a bit

7. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Bose

[​IMG]

btb01, Pt-Luso, A.L. and 32 others like this.
  8. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Very eerie here today. We were suppose to host the Family Thanksgiving this year but nobody is coming so the house is empty except for the wife, myself, and our two dogs. Instead of a ten to twelve pound turkey we're having a five-pound turkey breast.

Oh well, I'll brighten up the day by carrying my Extra Fancy Dancy Case Sod Buster Jr.
    [​IMG]

I hope everyone has a nice Turkey Day.

Edited to add - approximately 9-hours later - our turkey breast.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    btb01, Pt-Luso, Travman and 29 others like this.
  9. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans here. Stay safe.
    [​IMG]

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Just Me, My Wife, and Two Sons for Thanksgiving this year.
    I'm actually looking forward to a quiet holiday with the people I love most in this world.
    It should be a fun and relaxing day of watching the parade, watching football, smoking racks of ribs, and card games.

[​IMG]

Tadeusz123, btb01, Pt-Luso and 30 others like this.
  11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! The Opi No.8 is a limited release with Laminated Birch in Red, Grey and Brown. I picked up the red and grey. For less than $30 and I could hand pick, I thought I would give them a try. :cool: Great Barlow's and photos buddy! Have a great day my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black, Reaper AL and guy g like this.
  12. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
  13. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    You keep posting pics of that Sod Buster, and now I think I need one.:)

guy g and Modoc ED like this.
  14. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Maybe you’ll get lucky today, and they will go above and beyond institutional grade cooking!

I’ll give you a glimpse from my kitchen - made the dough last night, they’re in the oven as I type. 2E5BE2DA-D2E1-4551-93A8-206B48A0DB8C.jpeg

15. JonMcD

JonMcD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2020
    The McD crew is amassing at grandmas today. My crew of 6 + my brothers crew of 4, and my mom and dad. Typically there are more, but not this year. I’ll bring this handful of knives to pass around and tinker with with my brother and dad. Since there are no invites out to anyone who needs an adopted family to spend Thanksgiving with, I’ll bring along @JTB_5 ‘s pajama pocket carver since his knife is far from home.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone!
    [​IMG]

btb01, Pt-Luso, Prester John and 26 others like this.
  16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends and a Happy Thursday to all my non US friends! I hope y'all are well and spending the day with someone you love and care about! I'm thankful for so many things. Pam and I are spending Thanksgiving in our home. We will be taking a short drive to take Pam's brother a meal later this afternoon. I've picked two big 'uns to carry today. You can't ever tell when I might have to carve a turkey breast or slice some dressing. ;) Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Spaten, btb01, Prester John and 25 others like this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

18. solphilos

solphilos Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Getting ready for the turkey. :D

19. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    A9AE0E38-DFDC-4C1F-A411-B8D80760E55E.jpeg Planning on an old timey Thanksgiving with two liner lock Old Timers.
    About time for some of this wood to get lit. I’ll be smoking a 24lb bird starting in a few minutes. Low and slow.
    It will be different not having our parents and siblings and their families all together, but at least we’ll have eight of us here.
    I am making stuffing, mashed and sweet taters, cranberry sauce, broccoli and corn, with a blueberry pie for wrapping it up. All from scratch, and NO green beans mixed with nasty cream of something soup topped with factory made deep fried “onions”!o_O:D

I don’t make a distinction between Americans and all you others of my friends ~ giving thanks to your Creator and loved ones is good for the soul.;)

20. guy g

guy g Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 22, 2000
    Happy Thanksgiving !! Small gathering at InLaws.. 688D553D-13FF-49DD-94A3-BB7AA09C8019.jpeg And for Mr Bird..
    9031B4EC-BFB5-429F-A487-66D3594F9EA0.jpeg