What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

UpunMPP.jpg

Very eerie here today. We were suppose to host the Family Thanksgiving this year but nobody is coming so the house is empty except for the wife, myself, and our two dogs. Instead of a ten to twelve pound turkey we're having a five-pound turkey breast.

Oh well, I'll brighten up the day by carrying my Extra Fancy Dancy Case Sod Buster Jr.
4m4fuzc.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice Turkey Day.

Edited to add - approximately 9-hours later - our turkey breast.
yJltmS3.jpg

Last edited:
Just Me, My Wife, and Two Sons for Thanksgiving this year.
I'm actually looking forward to a quiet holiday with the people I love most in this world.
It should be a fun and relaxing day of watching the parade, watching football, smoking racks of ribs, and card games.

Thanks a lot Ron, that's an interesting Opi :cool: Love the patina on your Lambsfoot buddy :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends in the USA :) I know things are going to be different this year, but I hope you still have a lovely day :thumbsup:

bzrj0VH.jpg

1aWsJW7.jpg
Thanks Jack! The Opi No.8 is a limited release with Laminated Birch in Red, Grey and Brown. I picked up the red and grey. For less than $30 and I could hand pick, I thought I would give them a try. :cool: Great Barlow's and photos buddy! Have a great day my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Very eerie here today. We were suppose to host the Family Thanksgiving this year but nobody is coming so the house is empty except for the wife, myself, and our two dogs. Instead of a ten to twelve pound turkey we're having a five-pound turkey breast.

Oh well, I'll brighten up the day by carrying my Extra Fancy Dancy Case Sod Buster Jr.
4m4fuzc.jpg

I hope everyone has a nice Turkey Day.

You keep posting pics of that Sod Buster, and now I think I need one.:)

Changed a half day early.
August, 2020 Buck Web Special Brass, S30V, and Ebony 110 on my belt, and a Marbles MR431 D2 and black canvas Micarta series Sowbelly Stockman in my pocket.
My faux/replica Cold War Era West German Bundeswehr GAK is close to hand in my pencil/pen cup, in the event I need the saw for the turkey fowl, or yams, or mashed taters, or gravy, tomorrow, and/or if I need a spar point to cut the green bans (or Asparagus, whichever they decide upon, into bite size.) The Schrade 1095 and "Schrade +" blades I've been carrying, might not be capable of cutting the big turkey day meal.

I have less than zero doubt everything but the pre-made pies for desert will be overcooked, and will be about as easy to cut as a forged block or sheet of 6.3 titanium. :) "Ability to cook" does not seem to be on the list of skill sets for the staffettes that work shifts that meals are prepared. (many well in advance of being served.)

View attachment 1462298
View attachment 1462299
Maybe you’ll get lucky today, and they will go above and beyond institutional grade cooking!

I’ll give you a glimpse from my kitchen - made the dough last night, they’re in the oven as I type.View attachment 1462510

The McD crew is amassing at grandmas today. My crew of 6 + my brothers crew of 4, and my mom and dad. Typically there are more, but not this year. I’ll bring this handful of knives to pass around and tinker with with my brother and dad. Since there are no invites out to anyone who needs an adopted family to spend Thanksgiving with, I’ll bring along @JTB_5 ‘s pajama pocket carver since his knife is far from home.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends and a Happy Thursday to all my non US friends! I hope y'all are well and spending the day with someone you love and care about! I'm thankful for so many things. Pam and I are spending Thanksgiving in our home. We will be taking a short drive to take Pam's brother a meal later this afternoon. I've picked two big 'uns to carry today. You can't ever tell when I might have to carve a turkey breast or slice some dressing. ;) Y'all stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

50355544971_298e271d49_o.jpg

View attachment 1462522Planning on an old timey Thanksgiving with two liner lock Old Timers.
About time for some of this wood to get lit. I’ll be smoking a 24lb bird starting in a few minutes. Low and slow.
It will be different not having our parents and siblings and their families all together, but at least we’ll have eight of us here.
I am making stuffing, mashed and sweet taters, cranberry sauce, broccoli and corn, with a blueberry pie for wrapping it up. All from scratch, and NO green beans mixed with nasty cream of something soup topped with factory made deep fried “onions”!o_O:D

I don’t make a distinction between Americans and all you others of my friends ~ giving thanks to your Creator and loved ones is good for the soul.;)

Back