What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Nice find JJ, and your CJ Barlow is always a treat to see :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot, Jack!!!
Hope everyone has survived another week intact :) Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with an Old Friend today, a modded Opinel gifted to me by Lemmy Caution, (who doesn't seem to be a member here anymore :( ) :thumbsup:

RnN2CRz.jpg

6Swu2Js.jpg
Super cool Opinel you paired up with your lovely Hartshead; those French slicers certainly hold a mighty sharp edge!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks a lot, Jack!!!

Super cool Opinel you paired up with your lovely Hartshead; those French slicers certainly hold a mighty sharp edge!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, Lemmy did a good job of the mod I think :) :thumbsup:

Tossed these two old Robeson cutters in my pocket today, both wearing black. :)

Gorgeous Robesons JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I'm hoping for better weather tomorrow than today, when I head out for a hike, with this Titanic trio ;) :D Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

AVd8F4K.jpg

XvzfoLc.jpg

BfWMIPi.jpg

Great knife you have there.

Thank you!

Hope you had a great hike Dean, ace pic of your Ancient :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has survived another week intact :) Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with an Old Friend today, a modded Opinel gifted to me by Lemmy Caution, (who doesn't seem to be a member here anymore :( ) :thumbsup:

RnN2CRz.jpg

6Swu2Js.jpg

Thank you, Jack. That's a cool looking modded Opinel. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

For Black Friday
GEC Charlie Lamb in Ebony
GEC #15 Huckleberry, also in Ebony

Beautiful ebony on both of those and a fantastic photo. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lovely Black 'n' Red pairing Dylan :cool: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack!

It's a great knife. I have this one and an ebony one and both are excellent. No side to side play but there is a little lock rock like most lock backs. The blade drops when you press the lock bar and is very smooth. The guard is solid once locked open. Fit and finish are excellent on both of my examples(i have an ebony one too) . I think it's a great carry knife. The steel seems to be heat treated properly and holds a good edge. My only negative and it's purely opinion is the bone is polished. I wish they had left it more matte similar to his customs. Especially with the satin shield and bolsters. Long story short I highly recommend this knife. Either for collecting and just looking at or for edc. My thumb can catch the milled nail nick in the blade and I can open it one handed. I do carry it in a large case sheath though and it fits perfectly. I wish I had bought the Damascus one too when I got the bone and ebony versions.

Thank you so much for the information, it is immensely helpful. I do see the Bone version come up fairly often but not the Ebony - I'll have to keep my eyes open.

Back