What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Mercator Kupfer

7TO7Xqy.jpg

Sowbelly of the Week is a Rough Rider stag sowbelly stockman:
stag.sow.mark.3open.jpg

Regular Stockman of the Week is a RR medium stockman in jigged red bone:
redmed.mark.open.shoe.jpg

Economy Canoe of the Week is a smooth black bone Colt (thanks, Mark):
blkbone.mark.2open.jpg

Premium Canoe of the Week is a black lip pearl RR gunboat:
pearl.pile.closed.sill.jpg

- GT

Awesome "Mod job" on your TL-29 Jeff!!!:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Toting these two Robeson Electrician/TL-29s covered in walnut and cocobolo. :)
Thank you much, JJ.
I had finished it just the day before. This one was a struggle. I kept pinning it together using some various Schrade blades, but just couldn’t get them to work with the Camillus frame and springs.
And while I’m thinking of it, what is the difference in age between those nice Robies? Harry @Old Engineer gave me one like your walnut model. It is slightly slimmer, so I wonder if it’s older??

For sort of a Thrifty Thursday theme, I have two rescues from abuse.
This one had horrible Dremel scars all over one side of the blade, even all the way up to the spineo_O. PLUS, it was bent an inch from the tip, enough so that it rubbed on the liner.
Both flaws were carefully not photographed by the auction site seller.
Anyhow, I like this commemorative Schrade New York Knife Co blade better.
View attachment 1475292 This old Utica Kutmaster caught my eye because of the lovely old cocobolo. It was dirt cheap because of the “modifications” that had been done to both blades. The screwdriver blade had been ground into a crude semblance of a clip blade, and overly aggressive “sharpening” had completely changed the shape of the spear main. This one was a lot of fun to re-shape and polish out. Based on what steel still remained, a loose semblance of a lambfoot was all I could get out of it.
STRONG springs on this one! It makes me very glad for the half stops. Ten fingers is better than nine.:eek:View attachment 1475294

A G Russell in my pocket today, the one on the bottom in the pic. Rucarta covers.
I have the yellow one, and love it to bits.
This one was a lot of fun to re-shape and polish out. Based on what steel still remained, a loose semblance of a lambfoot was all I could get out of it.
Great save of a great knife.
Everyday carries.
A rosary made of steel beads on braided wire would surprise your adversary in the last ditch.

Same old same old, and the trim trio wedged into my watch pocket with my pocket lens.
My mask lanyard actually tied an overhand knot in itself. There had I been confounded, had my forceps not been.
9B15bkz.jpg

Back