What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, yes they are very smooth.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

3. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you, Gary. I think so, but they are very soft in the hands.:thumbsup::thumbsup::)

4. Trvr

Trvr

Jun 21, 2020
    I might as well finish the year with the electrician.
    Have a happy and safe new year everyone!
    [​IMG]

Spaten, Crazy Canuck, Dschal and 31 others like this.
  5. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Nice knife and a cool pic!

longbow1968, Will Power and solphilos like this.
  6. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    This Christmas gift hasn’t gotten any pocket time yet, today’s the day. Happy New Year everyone!
    696EA442-ACA2-4014-AA33-C14FD5954DF7.jpeg

7. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Blessings to all in this place we call the Porch for coming New Year.

[​IMG]

8. BDubbs

BDubbs Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2020
    One more for the BF collection thanks to @wickettedge. Used so it took off all the self-imposed stress about putting it into the pocket. Love the stag, understand it was donated for the forum knife. B900EFB2-7160-4A74-ABE6-1522AB9B19F1.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. wickettedge

wickettedge Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    BDubbs likes this.
  10. Bastler

Bastler Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2020
    I decided that I don't carry this little congress often enough.

[​IMG]

11. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, John. Another pattern I have fallen in love with is the Thiers knife. I have a compact one and a full size one. They may be more beautiful --to me, anyway-- than the Laguiole and the Opinel, but they are just not that comfortable in the hand.

Thanks, Gary. Incidentally, the knife I keep in the car, a Victorinox Classic (which I carried for years), also has a cross on it.

JohnDF and CelloDan like this.
  12. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
    @5K Qs ~
    I apreciate your vehicular encomium!
    You know you’re of a certain age when you remember the headlight dimmer was a switch on the floor, and when you wanted fresh air, you just rolled your window down with a crank. Cruise control meant a steady foot on the gas, and an eye on the speedo. If you needed another key, you went to the hardware or drug store and they ground a new one in two minutes.
    The KEYS of my new car have more electronics than my first computer.
    The car uses arrays of cameras and radar emitters to detect leaving your lane, and nudge you back, to detect when you come up behind someone, and brake or adjust the cruise control, or warn you of that goofball speeding through the parking lot as you try to back out.

Mrs Fleschwund wanted that package because she thinks I might be surfing blade forums on my cell phone while driving.:eek:
    I personally think it’s a plot to condition me to welcome our coming robotic, self-driving car overlords.o_O

And because this is a knife forum, not an automotive one, I’m thinking of this hefty Buck to be my dedicated car knife.
    Plus a TL-29, of course... 772766CC-0173-4DBD-BC65-5BDEA2D71B0D.jpeg That other thing will go in the car, too. It’s a US Army issue rescue tool from Ontario Knife Co. ~ comination window breaker, and seat belt cutter. Also has a ceramic rod knife sharpener. My son was issued it in A’stan. I hope I never need it!
    Happy New Year, Gary!

13. A.S.

A.S. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2017
  14. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Nice choice. It reminds me of the Greenbone version I gave the late Ron @Half/Stop some years ago, good memory of a good man to hearten the New Year.

Regards to all, Will

15. Amir Fleschwund

Amir Fleschwund Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2008
  16. mcc850

mcc850 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Spaten, RLB0414, Old Engineer and 4 others like this.
  17. JOELSM

JOELSM Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Ending the year with the 2020 BF knife - “The Knife That Almost Wasn’t”.

[​IMG]

Happy New Year Everyone!

18. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Camillus #70 and an American Jack today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

19. mbkr

mbkr Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Thanks!
    I almost never look at the pics on my phone. I wait until I download them to my laptop. I shouldn't admit this, but I didn't notice the reflection until I was back inside sitting at the computer. I'd like to credit for creativity, but no... it was an accident :p

20. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Very cool looking slingshot with your HHB today; you can certainly shoot 2020 in the rear for me, Happy New Year!:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.