What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  2. SteveC

SteveC Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks John !

Thanks Gary !

JohnDF likes this.
  3. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Don't plan on going any further than the end of the driveway today but thought I'd take these two out and carry them as a pair. Never know what might come up at a minutes notice.

Case Sod Buster and Case Sod Buster Jr. - both CV and both with Stonewashed blades.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  4. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks, John. ;)
    But some of those European knives can be tricksters (it's a Joker, after all)! :rolleyes: It's actually a big folder:
    joker.used.closed.pile.jpg

- GT

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  5. JJ Cahill

JJ Cahill Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Very cool Puukko partner with your Hartshead, for your working pair; the grip on the Marttiini looks like you'll get an excellent handle purchase, sweet! :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jack Black and Un-Chained like this.
  6. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Many thanks to you, Gary!!!
    Quite a hefty Euro-beauty; the grain pattern is wonderful on your beefy slicer! :eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Un-Chained likes this.
  7. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
  8. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    I think you’re right about the the chestnut sowbelly. I’ve looked around quite a bit and found nothing but old pages and “out of stock” messages. The fact that yours was a gift from Ron puts it over the top! Thanks for the kind words about my Case, it was a gift from my wife this past Christmas, which puts it over the top for me!;):thumbsup:
    Have a good one.
    Todd

Ice Tigre, Un-Chained and Aias like this.
  9. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
  10. Jerbhola89

Jerbhola89 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2020
    Hope everyone has a nice relaxing Sunday.

A small Cattaraugus for today. Seldom carried or used, but it’s fun little knife.

5A3AF22A-31FA-4F05-A1F6-4C8B9B915B76.jpeg

11. JJ Cahill

Jun 10, 2018
    Toting a couple seafarers today, the Abalone Sowbelly and the Navy Jack. :)
    [​IMG]

12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot for the kind words Gary, it's rare these days that I get a chance to use my knives as much as I have today, and they both performed well. I was having a walk in some local woods yesterday, and there's an 'urban farm' there, where a couple of neighbours of mine work. They've been cutting down a bunch of saplings, and having obtained prior permission, I took one to turn into a staff. I took the bark off, and thinned it down some, and smoothed out all the knots. If I get time tomorrow I'll start sanding it :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

My girlfriend brought me the Marttinni back from Finland, but that is an inexpensive model, and good value I think :thumbsup:

Thanks JJ, yes, excellent grip on that knife. I have large hands, and most Scandinavian knives tend to have relatively large handles I find. I generally prefer a full flat grind to a Scandi or Sabre grind, but it was perfect for the job I was doing today :thumbsup:

I love to see those two stunners JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

13. afishhunter

afishhunter Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 21, 2014
    gave up ... replaced suspenders with belt. added my 7OT with 1095 blade to what is mentioned in post 184943, page 9248.
    (to retain the 1095 theme)

I still can't get photos to upload. "File Too Big" (or words to that affect) oops message.
    :(

14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Well prepared. :cool::thumbsup:

Oops... :confused::D

Gary W. Graley, afishhunter and Aias like this.
  15. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
  16. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Thank you Gus :)

Toby is certainly our joy.
    My wife and I never though we could get so attached to a little dog ... We must be getting older lol :) ... but then again, our girls are in love with him too !

Hi GT, I used a very silly little app on my Iphone called " Ghost in photos" which let you add ghost, aliens and bigfoot to your pics :D
    I used the free version which I promptly deleted after. I can't believe they wanted a monthly subscription for it :eek::rolleyes: to remove water marks, high resolution bla bla :D

There are other apps for the iphone but they all want your money.
    Photoshop would probably be ideal for what you are thinking but I don't know anything about ... except that is expensive.

Reaper AL, Ice Tigre and Un-Chained like this.
  17. ballex

ballex Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Thank you!

18. ballex

ballex Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Thank you! The Douk Douk Macina was a special order in 1950.

Jack Black likes this.
  19. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    Thank you, Gary. I agree on the wide edge bevel on the Buck. They are very easy to sharpen. :thumbsup::)

Thank you, Gary. :)

Un-Chained likes this.
  20. RDaneel

RDaneel Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2000
    I carried this cool Catt today.

IMG_9893.JPG