What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

you’re really speakin’ my language now.
It’s been a while, so for the evening...
26f76efe-2dab-4f26-adf4-92ec04d0ed6f-jpeg.1523626
Awesome! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1523677 View attachment 1523675 View attachment 1523676

I just finished reading a book about the history of Case knives. What a story! It made me wonder what the founders, particularly John Russell Case, would think about the state of the company today. I believe he would be proud of the Case/Bose collaboration knives for sure.

Although I prefer their knives from the 1970’s and earlier, it is truly amazing that the company is still in existence today making many of the exact same patterns well over 100 years later. John Russell would probably be proud of their longevity, although I bet he would not like that fact that his family sold the company!

Last edited:
My eyes go right to the Taylors Eye Witness Barlow and stay there . That is very nice . How do you like the Squared Off Bolster , Spring , and Blade Ends my friend . One of the very few knives made that way .

Harry
Thanks Harry! I love the bolster, it’s the first thing the few people that I have shown it to comment on and most of them aren’t really knife nuts like me. The back spring on this one is not filed, that may be my next purchase, the pull is fantastic, I really like a strong pull. There’s enough blade that I can still pinch it open and the W&T is so satisfying. I’m a fan! Knowing that it was built by one person start to finish just adds to its appeal.

Carried these again today .

Harry
Gorgeous!

View attachment 1523677 View attachment 1523675 View attachment 1523676

I just finished reading a book about the history of Case knives. What a story! It made me wonder what the founders, particularly John Russell Case, would think about the state of the company today. I believe he would be proud of the Case/Bose collaboration knives for sure.

Although I prefer their knives from the 1970’s and earlier, it is truly amazing that the company is still in existence today making many of the exact same patterns well over 100 years later. John Russell would probably be proud of their longevity, although I bet he would not like that fact that his family sold the company!
That is just a beautiful knife, looks like a good slicer.:cool::thumbsup:.

Jack, that Lamb is looking SWEET! :D:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :D :) :thumbsup:

Your "Metal Monday" French "Squirrel Knife" is a darn cool companion to your Waynorth "American Lamb!" :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you kindly JJ :) :thumbsup:

Going with these two Strawberry Redbone Robeson jacks to start the week. :)

What a way to start the week! :cool: Those two gorgeous strawberry Robesons are the cream of the crop, stunning bone :) :thumbsup:

Hartshead Barlow for me today, and a Random Tuesday Scout by Richards of Sheffield. Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

gbmStUn.jpg

9rPwur7.jpg

I vote you keep on carrying the Pocket Hunter, because I like looking at it.;)

As lomg as I have the pocket realestate available, I'm pretty sure I can oblige!

My family and I went for a visit to the Bok Tower Gardens in Lake Wales, FL yesterday and I carried my trusty TC. Decided to stick with the same today.
vop5ROM.jpg
UqUGRPn.jpg

Have a great week, everyone!

I'm not sure which is cooler, the knife or the tower!

Juuuuussssstttttt as I made my post above, an hour ago, it started to snow. It's already accumulated about an inch and a half.:eek: It's going to be an interesting trip to town. I've added this Buck 500 in a belt sheath to my carry. It isn't going to do any good on our adventure but I consider it to be on the same plain as Comfort Foot. Nice to have even if it's not needed.

upFASC7.jpg

How much snow did you get? The stuff coming down that fast is pretty dang epic even for here! Hope you didn't have to carve your way out of a snow drift with that Buck. ;)

Also hope the trip to the saw bones went ok.

Mammoth Monday in the vaccine clinic parking lot while the wife gets her second shot:)

View attachment 1523500

Wow! Jussstt WOW!

Cool gunstock! Customized, or full custom?

Going with these two Strawberry Redbone Robeson jacks to start the week. :)
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill
you’re really speakin’ my language now.
It’s been a while, so for the evening...
View attachment 1523626
Have a great one all.

Ya know, people(and I'm one of them)rave about vintage Case red bone, but I've always thought Robeson was right up there with them, if not better. Great knives gents!

Late post today, had these two with me.
Hope you all had a good day!:thumbsup:
View attachment 1523622

Thanks Harry! I love the bolster, it’s the first thing the few people that I have shown it to comment on and most of them aren’t really knife nuts like me. The back spring on this one is not filed, that may be my next purchase, the pull is fantastic, I really like a strong pull. There’s enough blade that I can still pinch it open and the W&T is so satisfying. I’m a fan! Knowing that it was built by one person start to finish just adds to its appeal.
Gorgeous!

So, I was going to ask if that stepped off bolster is common. Don't think I've ever seen one that way... I now take it that it isn't? Why is it like that anyway? :) Certainly attention grabbing!

As lomg as I have the pocket realestate available, I'm pretty sure I can oblige!

How much snow did you get? The stuff coming down that fast is pretty dang epic even for here! Hope you didn't have to carve your way out of a snow drift with that Buck. ;)

Wow! Jussstt WOW!

Ya know, people(and I'm one of them)rave about vintage Case red bone, but I've always thought Robeson was right up there with them, if not better. Great knives gents!

So, I was going to ask if that stepped off bolster is common. Don't think I've ever seen one that way... I now take it that it isn't? Why is it like that anyway? :) Certainly attention grabbing!
I love my knife but that tower is definitely cooler. Here's more info about it in case you are interested:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bok_Tower_Gardens

Wow! Jussstt WOW!

It’s a mod by Javi Garcia. I’m also carrying a mod by our own Glennbad today:

41ABE978-7CAD-4B67-AC6B-26636894CE09.jpeg

Back