What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ABE56-D1-A-3-EEE-4662-9-EEC-019-A27-C884-F9.jpg

'Twas a beautiful day today so that means some spring chorin'. I opted to carry a couple of Sheffield-made stalwarts. Rewarded my work with a mug of something cold and a pipe.

(No, I am not a hobbit :D but I'm pretty sure both these blades would be right at home in their pocketses.)

Bc5sL5v.jpg

Nice comforting shot, I still need to get me one of those mugs too ;)
G2

I got my pocket hunter because you kept posting that whittler and it was driving me nuts.... Now your posting it with a lighter I've wanted for a while(another addiction of mine; have "too many" of them just like knives).

Looking at your posts is likely to get expensive if this good taste of yours keeps up! ;) :p

It's a great little lighter, I bought the butane insert so it's really a mini torch now that I use on my paracord stuff, as I don't smoke nor set fires intentionally ;)

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

I really like the bone on both of these. I think I need to do some surfing today!

Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley Is that lighter from the Zippo Case store too! Very nice. I know you and I have tentative plans to meet there one day, hopefully soon. I look forward to it! It's a 3.5 hour ride for me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's a bit of a drive for me as well, which is probably a good thing too, less temptation to browse there! We'll get together and I'll bring my sharpening stuff too and touch up a blade if you have need. And of course coffee stop and a knife, maybe a Seahorse...been missing mine lately

Seahorse_2010 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

It's a bit of a drive for me as well, which is probably a good thing too, less temptation to browse there! We'll get together and I'll bring my sharpening stuff too and touch up a blade if you have need. And of course coffee stop and a knife, maybe a Seahorse...been missing mine lately

Seahorse_2010 by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2
Sounds like a plan, Gary! I'd miss that Seahorse too!

And spring lamb on a spit to go with the whisky? It will be roasted next weekend... this Greek guy has a Catholic wife.

Lzu9y6ol.jpg

z28feXtl.jpg

I would love to be there and help you eat that roasted lamb, Aias. :cool::thumbsup:

I see from previous post that there are only foxes and bears to look out for now that the fate of the lamb is sealed. Keep them away from your smoked chicken, Jeff. ;)
View attachment 1535934

I would love to be there and help you eat that roasted lamb, Aias. :cool::thumbsup:

I see from previous post that there are only foxes and bears to look out for now that the fate of the lamb is sealed. Keep them away from your smoked chicken, Jeff. ;)

It’s definitely good eatin’ Maybe when this pandemic is over there should be a regional “rendezvous” type gathering... roasting meat, a little drink, and knives, of course.

As for critters, I’ve got coyotes, raccoons, and skunks running around after dark, and the rattlers are showing up on the mountain trails now. I heard a barn owl screeching last night too... I bet we are a little light on squirrels today!

Well, it seems phantastic but perhaps it was true then? The Travels of Marco Polo. The Italian explorer and essayist Marco Polo 1254-1324 the first European to visit China I believe?
The first one we know about, except maybe those plaid-wearing redheads with wheeled vehicles that were dug up recently (recent in my terms) in the heaven something or something heaven mountains.

heard a barn owl screeching last night too... I bet we are a little light on squirrels today!
Hooray for barn owls!

Back