What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

bigfish64

Gold Member
The 86 tortoise came in handy at the track meet last night. I’m the pole vault coach and one of my kids broke a bar, had to open a brand new one. It was wrapped tightly in cardboard and plastic wrap. A spectator walked up and said, “You need a knife coach?” I smiled and said, “Nope, I’ve got one!” ;):thumbsup:
Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!:eek::rolleyes:
Have these two with me today, getting a little fancy for Friday.:)
F2691431-A306-48F3-A464-B6A63A01B785.jpeg

scrteened porch

Gold Member
What a concept! Do I dare?
11NjI4V.jpg

rcs86

Wanna be lawn master/duck hunter
Gold Member
Platinum Member
The 86 tortoise came in handy at the track meet last night. I’m the pole vault coach and one of my kids broke a bar, had to open a brand new one. It was wrapped tightly in cardboard and plastic wrap. A spectator walked up and said, “You need a knife coach?” I smiled and said, “Nope, I’ve got one!” ;):thumbsup:
Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!:eek::rolleyes:
View attachment 1551367

That's a beautiful pair!

Amir Fleschwund

Gold Member
Well for today, how can I resist this newbie at home this week. Robeson 622119 Strong and snappy 4” 1/2 with smooth w/t and a sublime sound:thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1551360 View attachment 1551361
A great Friday and weekend to all!
Nice big jack, Gus.
Your Robeson family is growing!
The new GEC Whittlers have a good "rustic" vibe to them. Your example has real nice coloring too. :cool::thumbsup:

You are well-prepared with that trio, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John!
Ditto on your assessment of the new whittler that @Old Engineer is totin.
He seems to have a knack for getting nice covers, whether bone or stag.
Nice trio of working knives !
Thanks much, Steve!

Jon0385

Gold Member
Basic Member
View attachment 1551367
All you should have to say is “rule #9” if someone says something.

btb01

Gold Member
2020 Aqua Blue Pioneer and English Whittler:thumbsup:
pvEy1n.jpg

Nice pair, Paul. I like the annual Alox Limited Editions, although I don’t buy one every year (depends on the color). These two are my favorites.

cP4sTtv.jpg

Need to carry this old banger today ;)

kSHY8F3.jpg

That’s a handsome “old” knife, Will. :thumbsup: :D

Today’s tag along...
5c259438-21ed-4071-81ba-18e3dd29b60f-jpeg.1550748

After yesterday’s late snowfall and cold temps, the apricot tree seems quite resilient. Fingers crossed:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful photo! :thumbsup:

Nice knife, even cooler slip! :thumbsup:

Vb2fW71.jpg

Carrying what was my first GEC on Fifteen Friday

Now THAT’S my kind of slip! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I’ve been carrying this big ‘un (#21) most of the week.

pgp83Zz.jpg

JohnDF

Gold Member
Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!
I always worry about that too.
But California law says I can carry a non-locking knife with a blade less than 2-1/2".
My Principal is well aware of the law, and often asks for me to use my knife to open stuff.
That's actually what got me back into carrying traditional slip-joint knives many years ago.

redsparrow

Gold Member
Well, that wasn't too bad... They took me in at 0800... and I was out of there by 0900.
XZAscmY.jpg
Best wishes for a speedy recover ED, white gravy on chicken fried steak should help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Enjoy your delrin sowbelly there's not very many of them left.

I hope you don't mind me joining you James :) :thumbsup:
Nnvc8RM.jpg
Don't mind a bit! :cool: It's a beautiful knife so the more the merrier my friend! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

paulhilborn

Gold Member
Nice pair, Paul. I like the annual Alox Limited Editions, although I don’t buy one every year (depends on the color). These two are my favorites.

cP4sTtv.jpg

That’s a handsome “old” knife, Will. :thumbsup: :D

Beautiful photo! :thumbsup:

Nice knife, even cooler slip! :thumbsup:

Now THAT’S my kind of slip! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I’ve been carrying this big ‘un (#21) most of the week.

pgp83Zz.jpg
Thanks Barrett, I do like the annual releases but only have 3, that big'un ya got there is a pocketful. Hope a warm up arrives soon, I'm ready for nice weather and doing some landscaping:thumbsup: Greet little miss Eleanor from Nanc, me, Mocha and Hank:)