What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Flaxen Friday?
5LR29Iu.jpg

(and Vic Cadet)

That's a beautiful pair!
Thanks! They get a “soft carry” every once in a while, but there is no patina from use...yet;)

All you should have to say is “rule #9” if someone says something.
:thumbsup:;):thumbsup:
I always worry about that too.
But California law says I can carry a non-locking knife with a blade less than 2-1/2".
IL is under 3” in public places, I don’t actually know if schools are different then regular public places, better look into it, I guess.

Keep the tools sharp that sharpen your tools! Have owned this pair of ceramic crock sticks 30+ years ... still have the instructions. They work much better now that I cleaned them with some 400 grit sandpaper, this knife is wow sharp. :) Time to take the wife for fried catfish and shrimp tacos, have a great day!

GEC83cococrocksticks-1.jpg

The 86 tortoise came in handy at the track meet last night. I’m the pole vault coach and one of my kids broke a bar, had to open a brand new one. It was wrapped tightly in cardboard and plastic wrap. A spectator walked up and said, “You need a knife coach?” I smiled and said, “Nope, I’ve got one!” ;):thumbsup:
Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!:eek::rolleyes:
Have these two with me today, getting a little fancy for Friday.:)
View attachment 1551367
That’s pretty cool that you are the pole vault coach. I was a high jumper in high school and really enjoyed my time on the track team. I wish we had coaches for individual events.

I’m carrying this one again today because, why not?
7LELl8D.jpg

Keep the tools sharp that sharpen your tools! Have owned this pair of ceramic crock sticks 30+ years ... still have the instructions. They work much better now that I cleaned them with some 400 grit sandpaper, this knife is wow sharp. :) Time to take the wife for fried catfish and shrimp tacos, have a great day!

GEC83cococrocksticks-1.jpg

Sounds like a good lunch! A great knife to accompany you. Enjoy!

Thank you very much JJ, that terrific museum-grade threesome looks like it's come straight off the card in the shop window, cool as Cracked Ice ;) :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very kindly, Jack!!! I remember those old window cards from the "good ole days." :):thumbsup:
Inspired by @redsparrow , I'm carrying Charlie's #86 Black Jack :) Paired with my regular Hartshead Barlow :) Have a great Friday folks, and an even better weekend :thumbsup:

hMUjuPm.jpg

Nnvc8RM.jpg
Your Waynorth Black Jack is definitely the coolest version of the 86; it makes an awesome partner to your Hartshead beauty!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1550158 You may be wondering if I’m waffling. Wavering between Woodnesday, and Whittlerwednesday. Get both, I say.

Speaking of both, both of these were gifts from a couple of porch friends, Harry and Ron.
Notable pair of knives for several reasons, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Frost on the deck railing this morning. Saw a Beagle posted the other day, thought I’d take mine out for a walk. I’ve got several knives in burl wood, this TEW Barlow might just be the prettiest.;)
View attachment 1550222
Handsome Wednesday wood, Todd! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool pic, Jack, and so appropriate for someone from a city whose patron saint (patron Roman god, actually :rolleyes:) is Vulcan! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

Your '86 Soldier is iconic, Gary. :thumbsup:
Thanks for saying so, Dean. :)

I decided to carry my Case medium stockman with punch today (photo from yesterday before the weather changed.

View attachment 1550338
Your yellow Case punch stockman looks good on that fire hydrant! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I already had one eye done a month or so ago and your summation is right on. I got and am getting the lens for distance with readers close up.
Glad to hear your second cataract surgery went well, ED; you must be lookin good now! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I had mine done starting in January 2019, but there were some complications with the first eye, and it was the end of July before the surgeon decided everything was finally good. Even with all the hassles, I'm SO glad I had it done! :cool::cool:
Like you, I went for the distance lenses. A guy in the office next to me went with distance lens in one eye and close-up lens in the other, and he's happy with it, but I was afraid I might lose depth perception (and maybe peripheral vision on one side) by doing that.

I'm heading out early tomorrow, to help my pal out at the local market :) Carrying my AC Lambsfoot SFO, and a Vic Electrician. Have a good day folks :thumbsup:

UDLLNpj.jpg

iYhwsvJ.jpg
World-class choices IMHO, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool: My AC and my Electrician are a couple of my favorites!

I went with a Winchester Wednesday theme today. The yellow bone is a '89 black box era knife, I have no idea of the age of the ebony pen knife but it surely must be older.
View attachment 1550465
That black/yellow Winchester combo looks good, Greg, especially that gleaming golden sowbelly! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I've got a replacement rosemary, ready to plant.
7kFHjaF.jpg
So the old one never recovered from the freeze?
The Rosemary is dead, long live the Rosemary!! :rolleyes:
Glad you got a replacement; and that's a wondrous Queen whittler! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

2020 Aqua Blue Pioneer and English Whittler:thumbsup:
pvEy1n.jpg
Sweet pair, Paul; congrats on the 38 whittler! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Need to carry this old banger today ;)

kSHY8F3.jpg
That one is positively regal, Will! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Those canittlers are an interesting pattern, don’t see too many around and that buckshot bone looks like a handful!:D
Thanks, Todd. :) I have a couple of the locking canittlers, and really like them, even if they're a little bit small for doing much "serious" whittling. My buckshot bone Colt is a tank; I'm glad Rough Rider took over the buckshot bone when Colt folded as a knife maker. Your buckshot bone RR Barlow is cool! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary ! Glad to hear you're getting some use of the Copperhead. Really like the Buckshot bone, very nice !
Thanks, Steve. :) I need to try to get a whittling edge on the pen blade of the copperhead and see if I can't do some after-supper summer whittling projects on the patio.

Super knife, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
That is one long slim Wharncliffe.

Thank you for all that good information. I do really like the lanyard hole better than the key ring, wish they still did that.
Thanks, John. :) That copperhead with the Case "lambscliffe" main blade and the pen secondary is my substitute for both a "big 'un" lambsfoot and a 2-blade lambsfoot. :thumbsup:;):thumbsup:
I don't mind the key ring attachment on most of my SAKs, since I have a Nite-Ize S-hook set-up on my keyring that lets me attach/detach a SAK very easily. I ought to try a lanyard on that Soldier though.

For Thursday, a couple in Beautiful Ebony... GEC #76 and Charlie Lamb.
Elite ebony pair, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

The saw-blade was even worse! :eek: I noticed a suggestion (in that book) that the parcel-hook could be used as a grappling hook! :confused:o_O:rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, Canittler is an interesting pattern, three nice knives there :thumbsup:

Thank you for the info my friend, well-deduced :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Yeah, the "sawdust" on the saw blade was quite noticeable in your pic. ;)
Thanks for the good words, Jack. :)

I always enjoy seeing your golden #16 canoe! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

My trusty 86 in tortoise
View attachment 1550822
Before the cold snap I took this picture. If you look closely in the middle of the picture you should be able to spot one little red eye peering out of the leaves. Their good hiders!:D
View attachment 1550821
Cool photo! :cool::):cool:

Superb pair of stag mini trappers, José! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I carried these two on trail today: Shapleigh Hdwe Co Diamond Edge Barlow and Case Mini Copperhead.

View attachment 1550905

View attachment 1550907
That's a pristine-looking Diamond Edge Barlow, Dean, and a gorgeous mini copperhead! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grabbed these three thrifty Imperial/Hammer Brand totes from the early 50s. :)
You could break the ice at any cutlery party with that Imperial trio, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Handsome knife, but I really like the baseball mitt pocket slip!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I have a couple of pieces I use for knife slips that I found when I tore an old ball glove apart to repurpose the leather (on the left and right in photo below), but I still have plenty of leather left from which I'd like to try stitching up some kind of amateur's first try at leather work.
pouch.1.jpg

0SEO4IU.jpg

wallstreet for this overcast day. Cheers y’all.
Cool 99 lockback, and the Old Style opener caught my eye! :thumbsup::cool::cool: There was a time in my life when I used to drink a lot of Old Style. :rolleyes:

This one today :

Harry
Congrats on the splendid jigged bone whittler, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1551269 View attachment 1551270

I wouldn’t mind sailing off today on an adventure. In fact, I need one.
Amazing art on your knife, LT! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

FRIDAY ... and running with this hound ~~~

11Jm9VF.jpg
Good Dog!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks Barrett, I do like the annual releases but only have 3, that big'un ya got there is a pocketful. Hope a warm up arrives soon, I'm ready for nice weather and doing some landscaping:thumbsup: Greet little miss Eleanor from Nanc, me, Mocha and Hank:)

Thanks, Paul. I generally prefer the #71, but every now and then I’ll drop one of these big #21’s in my pocket. I’ve been doing the same as you, waiting for a bit warmer weather to do some yard work (and enjoy a cigar). Will do! :thumbsup:

Nice pair, Paul. I like the annual Alox Limited Editions, although I don’t buy one every year (depends on the color). These two are my favorites.

cP4sTtv.jpg
I have the same 2015 cadet. Only annual one I’ve bought because it was the year I married my wife.

Back