What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

2020 Aqua Blue Pioneer and English Whittler:thumbsup:
pvEy1n.jpg

A gorgeous pairing, Paul!!

Thanks! They get a “soft carry” every once in a while, but there is no patina from use...yet;)

:thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

IL is under 3” in public places, I don’t actually know if schools are different then regular public places, better look into it, I guess.
Huh. That’s a law I’ve always ignored.
One time, at Menards in the dog chew section, I had every single piece of elk antler off the peghooks looking for one suitable for knife handles. A husband and wife with little girl in tow said “your dog must be picky”. I said, “no, he likes almost everybody, but I like to make knives, and elk antler makes nice handles”. The husband had a blank look on his face, but the wife looked interested, so I pulled my home made belt knife out of the sheath, and handed it to her. Handle first, edge up, of course, because I was a Boy Scout!

Keep the tools sharp that sharpen your tools! Have owned this pair of ceramic crock sticks 30+ years ... still have the instructions. They work much better now that I cleaned them with some 400 grit sandpaper, this knife is wow sharp. :) Time to take the wife for fried catfish and shrimp tacos, have a great day!

GEC83cococrocksticks-1.jpg
Good reminder, John. I’ve always scrubbed them with Comet or Ajax. Makes a huge difference.
And don’t forget the unglazed bottom rim of a good, heavy china coffee mug.
Quick razor edge.
Notable pair of knives for several reasons, Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Glad to hear your second cataract surgery went well, ED; you must be lookin good now! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like you, I went for the distance lenses. A guy in the office next to me went with distance lens in one eye and close-up lens in the other, and he's happy with it, but I was afraid I might lose depth perception (and maybe peripheral vision on one side) by doing that.

- GT
“Looking good” ~ I see what you did there:cool:
Speaking of lenses, I have been doing that with contacts for years. Left one is weaker for close up, right is corrected for distance. It really works, because the brain only acknowledges the eye that’s in focus.
Unfortunately, I think I need to upgrade:oops:

and I appreciate your kind comment on my knives, mi amigo.

So the old one never recovered from the freeze?
The Rosemary is dead, long live the Rosemary!! :rolleyes:
Glad you got a replacement; and that's a wondrous Queen whittler! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
No, I'm afraid the old rosemary didn't recover. I'm pondering whether to plant the new one in the ground or move it to a large planter.
I wonder if I can do something with the trunk of the stem.
TTBizcc.jpg

The Queen whittler is a sort of replacement too, for the small stockman that suffered a broken back. Good thing I had a couple more spare Queens. :cool::thumbsup:
rUpGzev.jpg

0SfPmpN.jpg

A
Keep the tools sharp that sharpen your tools! Have owned this pair of ceramic crock sticks 30+ years ... still have the instructions. They work much better now that I cleaned them with some 400 grit sandpaper, this knife is wow sharp. :) Time to take the wife for fried catfish and shrimp tacos, have a great day!

GEC83cococrocksticks-1.jpg
I prefer comet or ajax to clean theose

My duo for work at the store today, the #38 is one I will not part with, it just gets better with age:cool:
kIPwX1.jpg
I guess that great minds think a like my friend . I just happen to have dropped a twin of your 38 in one of my pockets also with the English Whittler .
IMHO they both are very nice knives and some of best that GEC has done .

Edited to add : Like you , I do not see me parting with either one in my life time .
Harry

Back