What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Buck Sunday! Feel good tools.

dXWhp7S.jpg

I got these rasps at a garage sale for a dollar. One 18", one 16" and two 12". You could take the hide off an alligator with one of these. I am thinking this over. Maybe do a bit of grinding.
I passed on a few of those big wood hogs. I already have several~ they’re great for shaping a guitar neck.
These again today :

Harry
Coupla beauties, Harry.
@Old Engineer
Yes, putting those down is not as simple as it seems. Beautiful as always Harry!
@Will Power
Thank you Will!
These stamps place this Robeson Jack (626765 model) roughly between 1900 - 1920, it’s 3” 5/16s in length. The main’s length has been just a tad shortened over time, yet the pen’s is quite full. Smooth action, pulls and wonderful to peer at while relaxing... another difficult separation, glaringly awaits me. On occasion I will carry it though, just as pocket candy.
View attachment 1556813
** adding the stamps
View attachment 1556827
Still has a lot of blade, and the bone looks like the previous owner wore kid gloves!
Very nice, Gus.
First post in here! Sunday afternoon carry Browning.View attachment 1556898View attachment 1556899
Well come back often. Nice Browning!

A bright knife for a bright day.

ORRBqme.jpg

Case Golden Ruby RussLock.
Roman Numeral Series.
Corelon Handles and Roman Numeral Bomb Shield.
Measurements: 1/16" Thick. 4.125" Closed.

sU7Zc9Q.jpg

Yowzers!! That's gorgeous!!

Church carry . . .

iEOCqip.jpg

Thats different, but nice!

M43b6a1.jpg

Since this peanut brought me good luck yesterday it's being carried again today.🐎🐎
Man, the stories those blades could tell!!!

Took my daughter to the Kane County Fleamarket. Tried to talk Mom into going, but she had some quotes she had to get out~ some day off!

I love a big fleamarket! Lots of walking, very little spending, Saw very few pocket knives, virtually all were junk. I saw a 25OT Schrade folding hunter with both blades broken, and an absolutelty beat TL-29. Lots of good deal on old tools, though.
Here’s my modest haul. I seem to have misplaced the Zippo my late son carried in A’stan :( , so I picked up another for $10. And two files, both old Nicholsons. One is a nice wedge shape I can use, the big mill file has potential to become a knife.
We did visit the lady who sells dog chews. She had a ton of elk antlers (for knife handles, of course) but her prices were insane.
View attachment 1556747
I think this pandemic has been detrimental to American’s phyisical conditioning. People need to get out and exercise! Speaking of that, my legs are tired. :)

Wish I could exercise that way... fleamarkets dont exist in Alaska. :(

We actually had the opposite effect though, with a huge outdoor oriented society here, with what little social things that needed distancing, everyone just went outside more... if anything the pandemic has made Alaskans need more rest..(Either way ya get tired legs) lol

Where better to be on a Sunday than down by the river

p3NZHRF.jpg

V1rzPkv.jpg

9R8S62q.jpg

Great place to be with a cool knife!
How on earth did you get the overlapping bubbles patina on that pen blade? Thats so interesting!

You win the Internet today. NICE !!! :)
Many thanks for the kind words my friend!
Great place to be with a cool knife!
How on earth did you get the overlapping bubbles patina on that pen blade? Thats so interesting!
Thanks! I mixed a little bit of apple cider vinegar with some mustard in a small bowl, then dabbed it on the blade in drops with a toothpick. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then clean it off, and repeat the process with a second coat that randomly overlaps the first. There's a good video on YouTube of a guy doing on an Opinel. I really dig the effect, especially the purples and blues it can give off in the overlapping areas in certain light. It's something I've started doing with all of my multi-blade carbon steel knives. I let the main blade get a natural fruit patina, and put this forced design on the secondary one.

Back