What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That sure would be cool if it was.
My dad was stationed at FT Lewis when it erupted and was on cleanup duty.

He said on his way back home loads people at the airport were trying to sell little jars of it for $20, of course having been on cleanup duty he had multiple bags full. Probably $1000 worth if he was selling it like they were.

Apparently when he got back home his dumb older brother demanded that he give it to him for his bonsai trees, my dad gave him a couple bags of cigarette ashes instead and every one of the bonsais died 😂😂

Demanding things might not work out for you the way you thought it might... 🤣

I still have two touristy carvings made from the ash, I picked up a few for gifts sometime probably early or mid '90s.

I hope (wishful thinking?) at least some of the money from the ash and related products benefitted those impacted by the eruption.

Last edited:
Carried these at various times last week in Tennessee. The 110 and 29 make for a useful selection of blades:
TN 6-21 2.JPG

These three are all great knives:
TN 6-21 1.JPG

One day I pulled out my very seldom used Garmin GPS unit and discovered a knife I thought I had lost. I haven't used the Garmin in probably close to a year. I have no clue why the Leatherman was in the Garmin pouch hmmm.gifAlways cool when something lost suddenly returns w00t.gif
Juice b2 blue2.JPG

YU5XzDZ.jpg

Nice trip and photos - was the samsquatch made of ash from the eruption?
I’m not sure. I know there are some photos of its construction, but it’s been years since I actually read the captions under them…if there are any. Every time we go up, we stop and I take a photo of my girls. so I have several from when they were little up through becoming adults.

I’m not sure. I know there are some photos of its construction, but it’s been years since I actually read the captions under them…if there are any. Every time we go up, we stop and I take a photo of my girls. so I have several from when they were little up through becoming adults.

Great for the memories and family photo album!

... oh and for Metal Monday, this Victorinox Classic
Sun won't be up for another hour and a half, so Sugar doesn't know yet
When I saw the Classic online, I thought it would be bigger than it is
There are millions of them. I stopped counting at forty-eleven dozen
So I guess this one is a normal size Classic

18I0VvX.jpg

Back