What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Queen D2 stockie for a couple days before that...

wp-1622317792434.jpg
How are the springs on yours ?

I'm carrying this SOG Stingray today just as it appears in this picture and have carried it every day since about 1992 except when we've flown somewhere, or couldn't carry a knife - courthouse for example. It won Best Imported Knife at Blade Show in 1989. The Kraton covers wore off years ago. It is stout as all get out. I have three of them but carry this one. It's like an old friend that makes you feel at ease when they're around.

1624292799207.png

Here's one of the others I have - brand new never carried. Don't really know why I don't switch it out with the worn one - guess I find it hard to abandon an old friend.

1624292956553.png

Of course I carry at least one other knife besides the SOG every day, sometimes two or three but I've always got the ole SOG in my left front pocket.

Goat horn Middle East friction folder.

View attachment 1586767
That's interesting :cool: Whereabouts in the Middle East is it from?
Thanks, Jack; Cracker Jack lives up to his name!
Thanks for the info about your new Half Hawk; I prefer the 2-blade model, but I've stayed away from the pricier lines RR has marketed lately (except for a cinnamon stag bone Damascus canoe, but that was still under $30 IIRC).
Your window story confused me momentarily, until I remembered that "first floor" (Europe) = "second floor" (US).
Superb SamDamLamb waterfall photo!

- GT
Long may it be so Gary! :D I haven't seen the single-blade versions. Sorry about that, I try to make my posts as accessible as possible, but that's something I wasn't aware of! :D :) Thanks my friend :) :thumbsup:
😁:thumbsup:

Thanks, Gary. I've got a new rosemary in a planter to replace the frozen one.
This weekend I noticed couple of green fronds coming up from the sago palm. I'll have to trim away the dead stuff, but it's prickly stuff and I'm waiting for a cool spell so I can wear long sleeves. So...maybe in October. :rolleyes:
Sorry to hear about your rosemary Rachel, I was hoping it'd be OK :( It's pretty tough over here, but I guess Texas Rosemary just isn't used to those kind of low temperatures :thumbsup:
I went to pick a slipjoint in Micarta from my cabinet, as a nod to Monday. The 1991 Puma Medici jumped into my hand, obviously it's been feeling neglected.
Giant Mouse is with me also.
Have a good one!
Zc39hwj.jpg
I always enjoy seeing your Medici Gary, and the image I have of you picking your teeth with it! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Looking better and better with age, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Staff looks great, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks pal, I'm glad one of us does! :D ;)
Thanks again my friend :) :thumbsup:

How are the springs on yours ?

Pretty much perfect. Pull is about a 5/10. Good snap but easy to open. No problems yet I can find as far as the infamous spring breaking.

Its not exactly a stock knife, its had work done, under warranty by Queen. About half of this SFO run came in terrible shape, this one included, the original owner sent it back for work.

But I don't know what exactly, might have been a spring issue, but at any rate they're fine now.

Back