What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Hide and Seek World Champion!! Good stuff, I have the same knife too, had to have when I saw it.
It’s a fun knife. I won it in a JohnDF JohnDF giveaway.
Three wonderful pics there, looks like a great day :) 👍
Thanks, Jack.

What a great day Sacto. Love those Bigfoot themed SAKs! 👣👍
Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. 🤠:thumbsup:
My wife and I recently had our anniversary and she said she didn’t want anything, just wanted to go paddle boarding. It was an easy present and a fun way to celebrate. She even put everything away when I went to work👍

Well, I was supposed to be on the road with the wife and kids to hit up the Georgia aquarium today, then Savannah, and onto Hilton Head Sunday. Ours youngest tested positive for RSV yesterday so we are giving her a couple days to recover at home and going to leave on Sunday. Decided to come into the office today to save some vacation time. Got the Hayn' Helper along for the ride. Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

aQ2Cb0A.jpg

I hope your kid is feeling better. That Nifebrite 47 is great! :thumbsup:

It's been a spell since I've posted in this thread. My daily carries aren't overly varied in recent months and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to pictures anyway.

Thought I would take a break this morning and share - a #43 Oregon Trapper and a Jack Black SFO (Hartshead Barlow) for me today. Oh, and my 5th cup of coffee...

ey8V8Fy.jpg

Good to see you, Dylan! Hope you’re doing well. That’s some really handsome stag there, and nicely photographed (as always).

These today to clean up some garden waste .

Harry

Nice pair, Harry. Before you know it, it’ll be time to break out the snow shovels! 😉😁

The talk yesterday of the bullnoses and sodbusters and modifications prompted me to carry my slightly modified bullnose.

XkGprE4.jpg

Those look like excellent mods! :thumbsup: I love the Bull Nose as-is, but I’d definitely carry one like that, too. 😎

Sawcut spear Saturday

50987998348_ac6e26bded_k.jpg

Beautiful photo!

I had a good day today with my Bigfoot SAK. My family and I paddleboarded down the river,
9s1cUft.jpg

I tended to the cattle,
6PWWEXu.jpg

and finished the day with some beer.
AxX4KHn.jpg

Sounds like a good day! That Bigfoot SAK always cracks me up. 🤣

Carrying one of my Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs today, and my 'Barrett Bullet' #85 ;) Have a great Sunday folks :thumbsup:

BA5IFXm.jpg

n9XARn8.jpg

Very nice, Jack. 😁

Glad Eleanor is fired up about school, Barrett! 🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You're a real ambassador of the Bull Nose! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT. I do love the Bull Nose (and the Bull Buster). In addition to simply liking the pattern, I think they're one of the best deals GEC offers.

I’m carrying this F&F #99 today for page 9,999. Unfortunately I didn’t have any luftballons or enough bottles of beer for the photo.

1trsTGs.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pair, Harry. Before you know it, it’ll be time to break out the snow shovels! 😉😁

Thank you very much Barrett . 3 Months until snow and then 3 more months until Janesiville Blade Show . Scheduled a Knee Replacement just so I could be ready for Snow removal . I have one tractor with a blade and one tractor with a blower so I do not have to shovel very much . So bring it on .
Since your little helper is in school now , will you have to do it all by yourself ?????

Harry

Usually I carry my GEC 97, and often something smaller along with it. So today's combo is unusual for me - it's the first time in months that I haven't had the 97 with me. Instead, it's a small, beautifully refined Barlow (a Böker Castle Wood) and a hunk of military ordinance that is highly functional but has very little interest in any kind of fancy fit and finish (a Klein TL-29). It's a bit of an odd couple, but it works for me.
BokerBarlowAndTL-29.jpg

That burlap is awesome! It’s cool to see Case doing new things.
I agree Sacto, hope they keep it up! 😊👍
it's a small, beautifully refined Barlow (a Böker Castle Wood) and a hunk of military ordinance that is highly functional but has very little interest in any kind of fancy fit and finish (a Klein TL-29). It's a bit of an odd couple, but it works for me.
BokerBarlowAndTL-29.jpg
Beauty and the Beast? 🤷‍♂️😊👍

Thank you very much Barrett . 3 Months until snow and then 3 more months until Janesiville Blade Show . Scheduled a Knee Replacement just so I could be ready for Snow removal . I have one tractor with a blade and one tractor with a blower so I do not have to shovel very much . So bring it on .
Since your little helper is in school now , will you have to do it all by yourself ?????

Harry

Definitely hoping I can finally make it to the Janesville show next year!

It sounds like you’re prepared, Harry! 😁 I’ve thought about buying a snow blower, but we have a short driveway, and usually one or both vehicles are parked on it, so it would probably be more trouble than it’s worth (and I figure the shoveling is good exercise). And don’t worry, I have a backup snow-shoveling assistant I can’t start training. 😁

Admire that pairing! Venerable old knife and a very decent fixed blade, small but useful, will have to look into those (since I haven't had a new knife in months...the horror :eek:;))

Regards, Will
I understand, Will... hard to go for months without a new Knife. :confused: Hope ya find the one your'e looking for friend..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back