What watch do you wear?

Still sporting the Gshock 2310. Atomic timekeeping, solar powered. Awesome.

I've come to the conclusion that if i'm going to buy an automatic, it has to be hackable to correct for the +/- seconds of the day. Trouble is finding a decent one without taking out a loan. Have my eye on a Orient M-Force.

attachment.php

Orient multi-year calendar watch.

The upper half of the dial is a table of months, and the white strip is a sub-dial under the dial which you rotate by pushing a button above the main stem at 2 o'clock. (You can't see the button in my photograph, sorry.) The sub-dial has years from 2003 through 2024. You line up the current year with the current month to set the calendar. Then you look at the lower half of the dial, which is a 31-day monthly calendar. The white strip is the rotating sub-dial which shows the days of the week. The column under a day shows the dates on which that day will fall. I can see at a glance that Valentine's Day falls on Thursday and that there will be no Friday 13th this month. This is useful in a marginal way. After 2024 I will need to consult a calendar to reset, but there is a good chance that by 2025 I will no longer care about the day and time.

Under the crystal is a bezel you can rotate with the knob at 4 o'clock. On my watch it is a simple timer, but some of these watches have a slide rule. Way cool!

Orient.jpg

Got real heavy into watches not too long ago. Soaked up everything I could learn. Sickened by the politics behind the scenes. :barf:

Found excellent info. on quality timepieces though.

Wearing a Citizen BM7080-03E model almost exclusively for the last 2 + years. Love the titanium case. Tough to do better for a quartz watch than one containing Citizen's often misunderstood Eco-Drive technology. (But a large part of that is Citizen's fault.)

Hi!

Being a watch as well as knife collector, I do have a few to chose from. I do have some (mostly budget) watches-on-knives shots though:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Other than that I usually wear vintage watches - one of my favourites:

original.jpg

Regards,
Alex

Hi vortex!

It's an old WZ0351FD, aka "revolver". A very nice watch indeed! It was available in other dial colours as well, hut my favourite was the black dial. Here are a few more of mine:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I personally prefer older Orient models to most current ones btw. Here are just three more of mine:

original.jpg

medium.jpg

original.jpg

Regards,
Alex

Hi!

Being a watch as well as knife collector, I do have a few to chose from. I do have some (mostly budget) watches-on-knives shots though:

original.jpg

Regards,
Alex

Nice looking Mido Multifort.

I'm considering picking up a variation of that model myself. Have you had any issues with it? I had to ask since it's so rare to encounter someone who has one.

Hi!

The black PVD coating is a little vulnerable on mine, otherwise it's as uncomplicated and reliable as any ETA toting swizz watch you can find out there. For that reason I can't comment on customer service or the repairchain though. ;)

Regards,
Alex

Thanks A.l.e.x.

Unfortunately PVD coatings are the same across the board in the watch industry. But good to hear that your Mido has been trouble free since you've owned it.

Thanks again for the honest reply. :thumbup:

I've owned many watches of exceptional quality. I sold them all and now only wear G-SHOK watches.

Hi!

I've always like Gs a well. My favourite has still got to be the Silencer with vibration alarm. Here are two snaps of mine:

original.jpg

original.jpg

Some are even decently wearable as dress watches as well... kind of... ;)

original.jpg

Regards,
Alex

attachment.php

Casio AMW340-1AV on a Watchadoo bracelet.

I will probably own the bracelet longer than the watch: it is tank-like but very comfortable.

attachment.php

Nice dial detail on this $50 beater watch.

CasioAMW340.jpg
Casio_MWS340.jpg

Last edited:
Hi vortex!
It's an old WZ0351FD, aka "revolver". A very nice watch indeed! It was available in other dial colours as well, hut my favourite was the black dial. Here are a few more of mine:

Thanks for the additional pics! That's a really nice watch but after checking its price I guess a Seiko BM will be more suitable for me. ;)

Last edited:
Back