Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

I've got a GEC #71 in OD micarta on order and am really excited!

On a side note, this means that you guys have finally won me over. With this one (and another traditional I have coming) my humble collection will have more traditional than modern folding knives. I started out with modern and still love my Benchmades, but lately the traditional patterns just seem to speak to me. If a knife could have character I'd say I feel as if they have more character...

In any case, it started with Opinels, then Bucks, and now I'm getting my first GEC... I will post pictures once the #71 arrives!

A Boker stockman. 3 1/2 inch closed.
Blades made in China. Assembled in Germany.
I contacted Boker last year and asked the blade steel. They told me it is "7Cr". That is the Chinese equivalent of 440A.

I sold my 2016 Maroon Micarta Beer Scout not long after I bought it, not knowing anything about traditional knives or carbon steel, and have regretted it. I always assumed I'd have to wait for another round or pick up new one on the secondary for more than I paid, or settle for a used one at cost. However, I discovered last night that Mike at Collector Knives had an EDC (or perhaps more than one?) of the 2016 Gold Ale Jigged Bone for a very good price. Needless to say, I snatched it up and it should be here in a few days!

That means I'll have to be throwing up a knife or two on the exchange, though, to keep my collection (and wallet!) in proportion.

Case SS Sowbelly with Bermuda Green Smooth Bone covers.

OrIPiWr.jpg

Collector Knives picture

The GEC whaler in muscle bone and a Humason and Beckley New Britain, Ct.

A tracking # for an Ironwood Whaler, a Smooth Ivory Bone TC #15, a reserve LS Rams Horn Roundhead (R3) at CK, and a pre-owned LS Stag Shuffler off the exchange.

After striking out on the recent 77 lottery, and being a little too late whenever they pop up on the exchange, I'm on "Standby" status for the upcoming Ancient TC Barlow. Hopefully I get lucky, and get one.

The last year or so I've seen @molletta post knives by Enigma on the exchange. They piqued my interest enough to check out the website. There I saw some psychedelic colors on a slim single blade knife. Of course none were available. Like a cat stalking its prey I watched.....I waited..... And last week they announced a new series would drop this morning. So like any knife knut I set my alarm and boom this is now on its way from Poland.

The photo is courtesy of enigma knives.
image.jpeg

The last year or so I've seen @molletta post knives by Enigma on the exchange. They piqued my interest enough to check out the website. There I saw some psychedelic colors on a slim single blade knife. Of course none were available. Like a cat stalking its prey I watched.....I waited..... And last week they announced a new series would drop this morning. So like any knife knut I set my alarm and boom this is now on its way from Poland.

The photo is courtesy of enigma knives.
View attachment 901319

Oh man, that's gorgeous. Fantastic catch there. Grats!!

Back