1. Week 51 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C244GP Native Chief G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 21 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Gary W. Graley, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I've wanted a MK2 / KA-BAR style knife ( whichever you choose to call it ) for a long time and when I came across a like new recent Ontario 498 on eBay for less than $40 shipped I went ahead and bought it.
    I didn't realize they're only about $50 new or I would have probably just bought one already, but I did get a good deal for sure .
    It's got the box and sheath not that the box really matters.
    I don't really consider myself a collector but I'm not sure how much use it'll really get.

Onearmbladenut and meako like this.
  2. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    In Route Gec #92 Stag and #86 Sucker Rod wood :thumbsup:

Murphjd25 likes this.
  3. Henry Beige

Henry Beige Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 1, 2015
    I have three Dexter Russell knives coming: the other 4 1/2” fish knife, 6” butcher knife, and 6” Traditional Sticking Knife, all to satisfy my curiosity.

Wurrwulf likes this.
  4. biomed

biomed Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Two forum knives. These will be my last purchases for some time - bought a new camera.

5. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Just ordered my first traditional, GEC #86 Oil Field Jack Sucker Rod :cool:

6. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    I pre-paid for a Forum 2019 #86. I have the Charlie #86 SFO , the bloodwood #86 SFO , and the Tidioute #86 oily creek bone on pre-order. I hope there will be some more #86s floating around in December. I hear the pull is about 6 on the #86s. I really like this #86 jack 2 blade run.

meako and Wurrwulf like this.
  7. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Nice score

Augie likes this.
  8. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    This one, that one and the last one are all on their way. Hoping they are all good ones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    I took a shot on that one on the bay... good looking knife, glad you got it

Onearmbladenut and Augie like this.
  10. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I have an 86 in micarta reserved, and a forum knife, and I just bought another Laguiole en Aubrac which is headed my way. This is a bigger one than my first...

JohnDF likes this.
  11. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    86s galore.

Onearmbladenut and Cutfinger like this.
  12. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Forum knife, Charlie's black jack, and a burlap micarta eureka jack from Germany. All will probably arrive in a couple weeks.

13. willc

willc Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I just ordered a GEC 86 in micarta and I was thinking that that will be my one 86 for the run.
    Then I remembered the forum knife is a 86.
    Oh well.

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  14. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    2019 forum knife (obviously):Dand
    I had a peek on ebuy yesterday for the first time in ages and jagged an antique green NACB #43 Oregon Trapper from some bloke in Queensland...badge and tube too....thinking about giving to one of my estranged Sons...he just finished High School...

15. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    Well, there was this fella selling a nice looking Craftsman Barlow with stainless blades for under $20... And I was sipping scotch...you know how that story ends.

16. Jarhead Greasemonkey

Jarhead Greasemonkey Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Last of the #86 run with the wrench shield inbound...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onearmbladenut and Cutfinger like this.
  17. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    I had to did it.

Just ordered a replacement Mora Number 1 to replace the one that walked away almost 3 generations ago.
    (before my kids and grand kids happened makes 2 generations. I heard grand daughter got wedded this year, so the 3rd generation may not be and probably ain't far off.)

I "splurged" and got the carbon steel blade. :)

18. Onearmbladenut

Onearmbladenut Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 19, 2018
    I got two #86 GEC Oil Field Oily Creek bone jacks and a GEC tube popper/blade pick on the way in the mail. I have an #86 Blade Forum African blackwood , an #86 SFO Bloodwood , and a Charley #86 Black jack on preorder. My Seth Borries "Karen" 6" black hammered harpoon clip fixed blade snakewood knife comes in tomorrow. November is a great knife month for me.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    meako and afishhunter like this.
  19. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Wow! That is a great knife month. Enjoy!

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  20. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Got the GEC SFO #86 in Bloodwood on order. Was hoping I could also get in on the CC SFO #86 but time will tell.