Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Looks like the Charlie #86 might be a maybe. I thought I was on a pre-order list , but I am on a notification list. I am checking out the SFO JSR Burnt Chocolate jigged bone instead. I got another oily creek #86 bone coming in today . And I bought the bloodwood #86 last night. My first oily creek bone and a custom snakewood fixed blade knife came in yesterday. November 2019 has been a great blade month for me. Waiting on my Blade Forum knife too. I just check my emails. My GEC dealer just put me on the pre-order list for the #62 Easy Congress Camel bone knife. Saving my money for the 2020 GEC Trapper knives.

Last edited:
Old Timer 280OT Barlow so my vintage Ulster #10 can have a rest.

Uncle Henry 885 "Senior" stockman (stagalon covers) because I need a large stockman.
The Old Timer 858OT version cost more(!) else I would have gotten it.

Allegedly they will arrive tomorrow.

Last edited:
eFjlbs2.jpg
Picture compliments of the kind blade forum member I just bought this beauty from.

Been wanting to check out a Buck 113 ranger skinner for a while now, got a black Friday email from C&C and saw the 113 on sale with free shipping.
Couldn't jump on it fast enough.

I'm so glad I've got my giveaway going on and have already purchased 4 knives as Christmas gifts, otherwise I'd feel so greedy because this makes 5 for me in the past two months.

Crosman Blades stockman with liner-lock clip and serrated sheepsfoot. The joints are reported to need tightening, but that's an easy fix. Tiny nick in the spay, probably because that wasn't the original owner's favorite blade either.

Nothing as such :( Been a severe drought in knife climate here since the summer's end, a record but I don't see anything at the moment that stirs me. Plus this :poop: about CASE banning dealers from International sales doesn't enhance knife buying either:rolleyes:

However, having a 15 re-tooled with new scales so THAT'S a kind of new knife to look forward to and the GEC Pocket Congress 62 will be on the want list in the New Year:cool: Christmas with no new knife in the pipeline is a galling thought though.:eek: I keep haunting the Exchange but what I'm after is not up for sale, suggests I have too many knives?? Not by a long chalk :D

Nothing as such :( Been a severe drought in knife climate here since the summer's end, a record but I don't see anything at the moment that stirs me. Plus this :poop: about CASE banning dealers from International sales doesn't enhance knife buying either:rolleyes:

However, having a 15 re-tooled with new scales so THAT'S a kind of new knife to look forward to and the GEC Pocket Congress 62 will be on the want list in the New Year:cool: Christmas with no new knife in the pipeline is a galling thought though.:eek: I keep haunting the Exchange but what I'm after is not up for sale, suggests I have too many knives?? Not by a long chalk :D

haha, you dont say. I remember myself thinking yeah after the 92s I should be done for the year, but boy those 86s look good. :rolleyes: even better as a single blade but Bill does not take my suggestions.

Well the Forum Knife is an 86 single so that ought to interest you:) 86 not my cup of tea at all for use and carry, too burly:D Plus I'm in the weirdo corner as I'm not a massive fan of Clip blades, they're only just above useless Speys in my book;) Spear, Drop-Point, Sheep-Lambfoot, Wharncliffe:cool: But Clips are largely unavoidable :rolleyes:

that is true! well if they had end caps id love em even more, and a clip blade haha, it would give the 2014 a run for its money

If/when I get paid this month, I'll order the (new made) Old Timer 858OT, a RR 'Stroke of Luck' Stockman, Trapper, Canoe and another of the Marbles rendition of the old Camillus "Demo" knife with "waterproof" match case that have been calling to me.

Do they still make genuine strike anywhere matches?
If not, no need of another Marbles "Demo" knife (already have two, plus a "real" "Demo" knife made by Western that the Army Reserve gave/issued me way back in 19 and 75) or the match case.

If/when I get paid this month, I'll order the (new made) Old Timer 858OT, a RR 'Stroke of Luck' Stockman, Trapper, Canoe and another of the Marbles rendition of the old Camillus "Demo" knife with "waterproof" match case that have been calling to me.

Do they still make genuine strike anywhere matches?
If not, no need of another Marbles "Demo" knife (already have two, plus a "real" "Demo" knife made by Western that the Army Reserve gave/issued me way back in 19 and 75) or the match case.

if they do, they certainly dont sell them here in my neck of the woods. I remember seeing some in Canada when I was purchasing cigars and I bought an extra box however they are no longer effective and are just regular matches now.

I broke down and ordered another Laguiole.... this one from Forge de Laguiole. I ordered one of the micarta handled models, 11cm... should be arriving sometime this week. I'm still waiting for my Laguiole en Aubrac knife that I bought from a company in Germany. :rolleyes: Hopefully it will be here sometime this week, as well.... they "predicted" it would arrive by Dec 5.... we'll see.

Back