Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

It is kind of nice to have your Kids have Kids that have Kids .

Harry
And each generation has no doubt been ... "blessed" ... with the same curse by their parents:
"I HOPE YOUR KIDS ACT JUST LIKE YOU DO!!!!"
(seems the mummies are the ones most likely to give that ... "blessing" ... when angry at one (or more) of the kids for misbehaving or doing something stupid.)
:)

A Moki Blakiston's Fish Owl has been shipped to my house from Collector Knives.
I know from past experience with Moki knives that it will be awesome.

Who names a knife model, "Blakiston's Fish Owl"? I looked up the derivation of that name.
The species is considered to be the world's largest owl, and it is a native species in Japan.
Like the knife, it has black plumage. Hence, the link to the knife.
Additionally, my understanding is that originally this model was only intended to be sold in Japan, ie "native species". So that's another link between them.
For comparison purposes, I borrowed one of Mike's pics and I borrowed a pic from a site devoted to owls.
(@knifeswapper hope you don't mind.)
https://www.owlpages.com/owls/species.php?i=356

upload_2019-12-14_15-33-12.png

blakistons_fish_owl_aa-1.jpg

Who names a knife model, "Blakiston's Fish Owl"? I looked up the derivation of that name.
The species is considered to be the world's largest owl, and it is a native species in Japan.
Additionally, my understanding is that originally this model was only intended to be sold in Japan, ie "native species". So that's another link between them.
For comparison purposes, I borrowed one of Mike's pics and I borrowed a pic from a site devoted to owls.

View attachment 1249220

Moki makes an excellent knife, but that owl is GORGEOUS!

View attachment 1249220

What a beautiful looking animal!:eek::D

This might cross the boundary of modern and traditional. Maybe if I remove the clip it will be accepted. Anyway, this is a slip-joint with a novel action and design that takes from Southern European knives, like navaja. Lionsteel Gitano with Santos handle.

li-gt01-st$01-lionsteel.jpg

I have a simple little Case Collector's Edition half-congress in dark red jigged bone that was supposed to arrive yesterday, but didn't. It should be in the mailbox this afternoon when I get home. This will be my first Congress style knife. This is in preparation for the 2020 GEC release... a type of "warm-up", if you will. :D

After probably way too much deliberation, analysis, dithering and trying to recall exactly why I sold mine, undoubtably a twisted moment of temporary insanity, I ordered this one tonight.
View media item 7815
That was the first traditional pocket knife I purchased and has been very well used. The blade choice works perfectly and I love the slim profile of being a single back spring. The elderberry jigged bone is a beaut too.

That was the first traditional pocket knife I purchased and has been very well used. The blade choice works perfectly and I love the slim profile of being a single back spring. The elderberry jigged bone is a beaut too.
I know what you mean. The Possum Skinner is one of those sleepers that when you look at a photo you might say, “meh…” but after getting one and using it for a while it becomes clear what an excellent design it is. The Dixie Stockman is also great but it’s thicker, heavier, has two springs and a third blade I don’t seem to need.
So, for me the PS is one of Great Eastern Cutlery’s best user designs in a somewhat longer design.

I ordered a Gerber LST ultralight.
A forum member sent me one almost two years ago I believe and I really love the little knife.
A very awesome and capable yet unassuming little lockback.
Got the urge to carry it and couldn't find it so I ordered another one.
I love my little Buck lockbacks for sure, but the little Gerber has a thin full hollow ground blade that cuts better than the slightly thicker high hollow grind on my Buck's.

Ordered today for a "late to me Christmas Present" from myself and I.

Rough Rider RR587 Synthetic Yellow handle Trapper. (will go with my large (4.25 inch closed) Rough Rider RR603 Stockman with synthetic yellow covers. Besides, I need more yella handled knives anyway.)

Rough Rider RR1838 "Hopalong Cassidy" Moose.

I'm going to figure out if I like the moose or trapper better, if it be among the last things I do. :)

A Russell Green River Dadely knife coming sometime between tomorrow and the weekend. Recently, I received a J. Adams Sheffield Dadely by mistake, but I liked it and decided to keep it. This will be interesting, as I don’t think Nick Shabazz has looked at either of these knives.

Not sure if this counts, but I am holding off on opening my second tube with the forum knife. Saving it for Christmas morning.

Still waiting on my forum knife as well as a Waynorth's Black Jack. I was hoping to have them by Christmas, but they would make a pretty nice New Year's Eve Party Favor as well!

Recently I put together a small belt tool kit for minor electrical work around the house, and decided to stick with Channellock hand tools.
Well I had the itch to take the Channellock dedication a bit further and just had to get a Channellock #11 electricians knife for the kit :D

It's just a standard black scaled Camillus #27 with a Channellock blade etch, but hey it's technically Channellock right ? ;)It's unused and at $20 it's better condition than the brown scaled #27 I bought off eBay for the same price a few months back.

Heck the current Uticas and Klein branded offerings aren't quite as good and cost about the same.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

Back