Whatcha got on order? (Traditional Knives Only)

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Gary W. Graley, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Ribbonz

Ribbonz Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 28, 2020
    I have a matching Sod Buster and Sodbuster Jr on order in CV banana yellow

Scott J. and chuck4570 like this.
  2. nbp

nbp Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I mostly am into midtechs: Ti Framelocks and OTF autos. I cannot remember the last time I had a traditional folder - maybe as a kid? But I have felt the urge for an old timey knife for a while and have browsed many pages of Case slippies to find something that appealed to me to try out. I have admired the look of the sod buster for quite a while and finally came upon the SMKW Kiwi Green bone handle Case knives, and they had that on the Sod Buster Jr, and it finally clicked that it was the old timey knife for me to break the ice with! So I ordered one of those tonight. The plus side of having that around is that as a <3 in. non-locking knife it would be handy to have in the event I travel out of my state to a more restrictive area. So it might prove useful. I am interested to try a old style slipjoint and pair it with some of my high tech modern knives.

Scott J., chuck4570 and Spaten like this.
  3. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Great choice, they are sturdy little knives, and that is a fantastic color that you have chosen. I'm sure you will like it. Show pics when in your hand.

chuck4570 likes this.
  4. SteveNo

SteveNo Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 12, 2020
    Well to my surprise it actually got delivered after a week. So I can't complain.

5. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    :D:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

chuck4570 likes this.
  6. nbp

nbp Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Thanks, will do!

chuck4570 likes this.
  7. chuck4570

chuck4570 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Not my picture but I'm waiting for this little gem to show up.
    [​IMG]

8. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    thats a really nice looking knife may have to look for one in any color than green.

Cutfinger likes this.
  9. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    I love single bladed knives and the Sowbelly is one of the most comfortable knives in my hand. mine is red Delrin, but I'm thinking of getting a yellow one.

Scott J., HotGuts and Kiteman72 like this.
  10. Ultiman

Ultiman Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2019
    3 Viper Swaybacks, the ever controversial Beard Scout, and a Lone Star 1095 yellow bone.

Cutfinger, Scott J. and chuck4570 like this.
  11. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I am excited to have a Lone Star #35 coming also. I decided I didn't want to wait on the sidelines for this run or I might miss out.

12. Chui

Chui Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2012
    On the traditional military side.....a couple of Fairburn Sykes daggers, one with Ebony and the other Brass handle - very like this one...

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 16.58.39.png

13. HotGuts

HotGuts

Apr 1, 2016
    It's great in the hand, I absolutely agree with you there. I'd love to get one of the ebony ones, or a jigged bone, but the synthetic yellow is hitting the spot for me at the moment. Is your red delrin a single bladed version?

14. Lu6973

Lu6973 Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 25, 2016
    just ordered these 2 so I can store them on my Road Glide....

1) Harley Davidson branded Case Mini Trapper with Cap lifter...much more affordable then bidding on a beer scout knife
    2) Gurkha Folding Cigar Scissors..was restocking my stogies and saw this neat accessory in Cigar International

[​IMG]

15. chuck4570

Aug 21, 2010
    yes my Sowbelly is single bladed, a nice jigged bone one would be nice also.

Scott J. and HotGuts like this.
  16. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Gold Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm awaiting my next GEC #97 score, an SFO run that was done for another forum where they tend to discuss...ah...An Assortment of Pertinent Knowledge. Pretty neat stuff.

Cutfinger, Prester John and Scott J. like this.
  17. Tx308

Tx308 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2014
    My offer was accepted, this will be my first 6392. Just have to wait now.

6392.jpg

18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Amazing! What a great score, the waiting will be hard.

19. A.L.

A.L.

Jun 27, 2007
    I ordered Buck the 55 because I just can’t seem to get it out of my head. I’ve enjoyed my 110pro so much that it should suit my edc needs very well.

Scott J. and Will Power like this.
  20. OldHercDude

OldHercDude

Jun 28, 2020
    Well, I thought I was done buying. :rolleyes:

Recently ordered...

a couple smaller lesser expensive SAKs in a style or color I didn't already have...

Case single-blade Barlows in handle materials I didn't have, seeing as new ones seem to be getting harder to find (is Case putting the Barlow back into the vault?)...

and one of the small Boker Castle Wood Barlows before they disappear.

Sheesh.

:(

Scott J. and Cutfinger like this.