What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by WillSwift, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Storm W

Storm W KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 19, 2019
    That is awesome dude. I love your stuff and this sort of thing gets even cooler. Have you ever messed around with 203e? I have seen some etched and it almost looked a bit like wrought iron and it has the nickle content. That said not many things are cooler the wrought iron. Can't wait to see more of it. Please do more:)

Travis_Wright likes this.
  2. Willie71

Willie71 Warren J. Krywko. Part Time Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 23, 2013

That is great! Keep going!

Scaniaman, Travis_Wright and HSC /// like this.
  3. HSC ///

HSC ///

Nov 7, 2012
    I haven’t tried 203e... I don’t have any experience with it but my belief is that the closer I get to pure iron the more success I will have. I don’t think I am going to steels like to stick to anything except maybe Pure iron

Storm W likes this.
  4. luciusx5

luciusx5

Nov 15, 2006
    Finished this one up for a customer CPM-154 stainless. Carbon fiber and blue C-Tek. White liners and spacers. Nickel silver pins. Kydex sheath.

WValtakis, FOG2 and Natlek like this.
  5. bike4fun919

bike4fun919

May 5, 2014
    Damascus and koa.
    [​IMG]

6. weo

weo KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 21, 2014
    Yeah, that's pretty great. Thanks for sharing.

7. Brock Cutlery

Brock Cutlery KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2015
    Mioroshi Deba I am trying to finish up. Single bevel with Ura.
    Need to finish up some sanding and get a nice handle on it. :)

M-Deba-1a.jpg

Coy Ranch, FOG2, FredyCro and 2 others like this.
  8. TexMac

TexMac Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2017
    upload_2020-6-17_20-7-41.jpeg
    DP in A2 with burlatex and black micarta. Made this one for myself but got an offer I couldn’t refuse. Hate it when that happens!

WValtakis and Natlek like this.
  9. Cushing H.

Cushing H. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Funny story about this little paring knife...
    upload_2020-6-19_12-18-36.png

When I made it I took the TBE down to something like 0.006" or 0.007". I took the above photo, posted it to this thread, and put the thing into the kitchen knife block. Anyway - things have been kind of busy, so it just stayed there. So..... I was kind of surprised when a couple days ago my wife said she had been using it a lot, and really, really liked it.

Ummmmmm ...... I have not even sharpened it yet!!!!!

10. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    [​IMG]
    I’m almost done with this one. I’m not sure whether the scales are buckeye burl or box elder burl. It has an 8670 carbon steel blade with brass pins.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    WValtakis, Natlek and Kevin Kf knives like this.
  11. Cushing H.

Cushing H. Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2019
    A kitchen Filet Knife - birthday present for my sister (turns out her favorite color is blue). I did cheat a little bit (due to limited time) - started with a pre-made/ground/hardened blank (9Cr18MoV - chinese version of 440C - no idea of the hardness :-( ) .... but I did take it to the grinder to clean up the plunge lines, reduce the tbe (was not so good as bought), added the sharpening choil, and put a satin finish on it. Handle is WEO's spalted maple, dyed and stabilized (Thank you William!):
    upload_2020-6-20_10-54-31.png

upload_2020-6-20_10-55-6.png

12. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Here’s one I started earlier this week and finally finished up this evening.
    It has stabilized premium maple scales, black G10 pins, and an 80crv2 blade.

WValtakis likes this.
  13. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Just finished up engraving this gorgeous slipjoint by @HSC /// :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. DeadboxHero

DeadboxHero Triple B Handmade, Custom Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 22, 2014
    Glued up some S45VN

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Justin Schmidt

Justin Schmidt Schmidt Forge

Feb 18, 2016
    AEBL hunter I just finished up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ChristoDart

ChristoDart

Jun 29, 2011
    Love the hidden WV!

Wilfred17 and WValtakis like this.
  17. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Thanks! I was really trying to find a unique and unobtrusive signature:thumbsup::D

18. John Cahoon

John Cahoon JWC Custom Knives Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 13, 2017
    Here's another upswept bird and trout in 80CRV2, Wenge and Padauk with yellow and white liners. Still needs finish sanding on the handle to 1200 grit or so and sharpening, it's near sharp already and cuts paper. wip 1.jpg wip2.jpg

19. WValtakis

May 29, 2004
    Second gorgeous custom slipjoint by @HSC /// in progress:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David Mary, Storm W, weo and 3 others like this.
  20. Scaniaman

Scaniaman

Jun 15, 2012
    160 mm petty-ish knife in 0.1" 14c28N 61-62 Hrc. Desert tan G10, CF pins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ocelot85, David Mary, Storm W and 3 others like this.