What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

cool bike!
Thanks, a lot of credit goes to the friend of mine who welded it up. Still couple od kinks to work out, but once I get the front brakes to work, it will be just finishing touches and paint. Any suggestions for the color?

Thanks, a lot of credit goes to the friend of mine who welded it up. Still couple od kinks to work out, but once I get the front brakes to work, it will be just finishing touches and paint. Any suggestions for the color?
green hammer tone powder coat:thumbsup:

Worked on this Nitro V 8" Funayuki today with one of my laminate handles made from a fabric jelly roll. Tried out the Sunmax belts (45, 30, 15 and 5) from Pops and they leave a very nice finish!! Very shiny, but still a satin finish and food seems to come off the blade pretty well, too! They have a softer feel to them than the Trizact Gators and are a bit thinner and are very flexible, so they may be able to be used to clean up plunge cuts, too.

fgBPwo9.jpg

sc091eP.jpg

not much left to do other than make the sheath and sharpen it up! I started this knife 4 years ago, and it's the first knife that I made using a 2x72. It's nice to go through all these projects that I started when I thought I'd have time to do them, only for life to get in the way of my plans. It's a little weird, though, in that my ideas about design have changed since then. However, I feel like it's important to have fidelity to my ideas and see them through regardless of how bad I might think they are now- I figure it's a great way for me to learn.
cUCgZSF.jpg

UJ0m8xI.jpg

oIfM4OI.jpg

iTvPI1o.jpg

Last edited:
it's 8mm, and thank you

not much left to do other than make the sheath and sharpen it up! I started this knife 4 years ago, and it's the first knife that I made using a 2x72. It's nice to go through all these projects that I started when I thought I'd have time to do them, only for life to get in the way of my plans. It's a little weird, though, in that my ideas about design have changed since then. However, I feel like it's important to have fidelity to my ideas and see them through regardless of how bad I might think they are now- I figure it's a great way for me to learn.
cUCgZSF.jpg

UJ0m8xI.jpg

oIfM4OI.jpg

iTvPI1o.jpg
Interesting. I like the way your grind makes the tip pointy but still leave lots of thickness and weight forward.

Here's a new Wharnie in 8670 and Purple Richlite, looks like Purpleheart without the grain, and won't fade to brown. 21-38 1.jpg21-38 2.jpg
I just can't abide a dead straight edge so all my wharnie's have a subtle belly.

Curly Mango looks beautiful, but can be very toxic! It was the wood that got me out of knifemaking back in 2014/2015 due to severe allergies, even when wearing a respirator while working it. It was stabilized, too!

Back