What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Good morning friends, I have a commission for a Prevail to complete shortly. So at least it can serve as a good example of where I am with those. I believe I've only made the one saber ground Prevail so far, this green one, which I have been hanging onto and wearing at the hip lately.

IMG_3882.JPG

It was meant to be robust and slicey, and the tip has proven itself to be quite tough on a few occasions.

IMG_3891.JPG

Another angle and you can see it's user status appear. It's funny, I don't even notice the scratches when I hold the knife.

IMG_3880.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

And here is what's cooking in the shop. Top two are 8670, a new model without a name yet and Americana Dymalux scales, then the Prevail (spoken for) with Red Suretouch, and a boot knife in AEB-L with Suretouch as well. Not quite done yet.

IMG_3895.JPG

Not a hard and fast rule, but I'm pretty sure that Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery gets to name this one, since he purchased the prototype as a birthday present for himself a few weeks ago. Some of the names he proposed (via text message) are pretty good.

Speaking of which....... (drumroll please)

After much deliberation…I think we settled on a name!
The knife has such a beautiful form, and function follows. It begs to be used.

We shall call it…

“Arcflex”

Here is the final layout of the sheet of AEB-L, in .140" thickness I am having waterjet cut. The ones in red are spoken for. For the rest, I will be taking your orders per ROFR (right of first refusal, i.e. no deposit, or commitment other than you fully intend to purchase the knife when it is complete - but if something happens before then, you have the right to withdraw, and I can then offer it to someone else, but only after you decline). To claim something in this batch, or for pricing questions please PM or email me, and I will get back to you within a few days. Thank you!

AEB-L December 2021.jpg

Last edited:
Also, just FYI, I have no idea if the folders will work properly, which is another good reason not to take deposits on them. Fingers crossed!

Oh and J Juicytarget gets dibs on the Barax, since he asked me a while back about one. If he doesn't want it this time around, then it is available to someone else to claim.

Here is the final layout of the sheet I am having waterjet cut. The ones in red are spoken for. For the rest, I will be taking your orders per ROFR (right of first refusal, i.e. no deposit, or commitment other than you fully intend to purchase the knife when it is complete - but if something happens before then, you have the right to withdraw, and I can then offer it to someone else, but only after you decline). To claim something in this batch, or for pricing questions please PM or email me, and I will get back to you within a few days. Thank you!

View attachment 1694028
not certain exactly? could you edit this with what steel? and what thickness?
Thanks. :)

Yes, it is AEB-L, .140"

Back