What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Fixed the wonky grind on my Keramin today. The edge bevel on the right side of the blade was too obtuse so when trying to sharpen it 20 degrees per side in the sharpmaker rods the stone never hit the apex on that side. It also made the blade look like it was crooked. Should be fixed now but I’ll know for sure when I microbevel back at home on the sharp maker later. Just did it on my 220 grit ceramic belt off the platen (ie where the belt is slack). Also made the edge a little more acute than factory. You can see on the left side of the blade where the belt touched the transition line between grind and flat/swedge. A small price to pay for geometry that will actually cut and be sustainable to sharpen. Took about three minutes. Which is funny because I’ve had the knife for as many years, just sitting in the box.

IMG-7515.jpg

IMG-7516.jpg
On my "SPEW" , the tip bent a little too easily . IMO .:(

OK for SD and light utility ,but steel /HT not great for hard use .

Fixed the wonky grind on my Keramin today. The edge bevel on the right side of the blade was too obtuse so when trying to sharpen it 20 degrees per side in the sharpmaker rods the stone never hit the apex on that side. It also made the blade look like it was crooked. Should be fixed now but I’ll know for sure when I microbevel back at home on the sharp maker later. Just did it on my 220 grit ceramic belt off the platen (ie where the belt is slack). Also made the edge a little more acute than factory. You can see on the left side of the blade where the belt touched the transition line between grind and flat/swedge. A small price to pay for geometry that will actually cut and be sustainable to sharpen. Took about three minutes. Which is funny because I’ve had the knife for as many years, just sitting in the box.

IMG-7515.jpg

IMG-7516.jpg
Nice work. If only CRAP CRKT had bothered to do it right the first time. One wonders how many of their purchasers haven't got your skillset or tools that think they're out in the world well-equipped.

Greetings happy knaffy folk! I bring great news, and it's no joke,
Empire Outfitters blades are ground! Geometry, performance, both quite sound!
The Mini Insomniac can never be got from any other knife sale spot.
My way to thank the nugent_crai nugent_crai , who alone for you can pave the way
To owning this model, unique and keen, with one exception, R RSL19 .

IMG-7665.jpg

IMG-7670.jpg

IMG-7671.jpg

I called New Jersey Steel Baron this afternoon to ask about some stuff concerning my exploration into possibly making a folding knife. I talked to Jerry for a few minutes, and he was quite helpful, but after some of my questions he said "You know what, your timing is perfect, Aldo is here and I haven't even learned as much about metallurgy as he's forgotten". Let me just say that Aldo was a joy to talk to, super friendly, knowledgeable, and he also said some pretty exciting things about the future of New Jersey Steel Baron both as it related to knife makers and as far as the expansion of services that they are looking to offer other industries. I'm so glad I called today. And the conversation alleviated a few things that I didn't know regarding folder making, so the likelihood of that possibility coming to pass just increased substantially.

I called New Jersey Steel Baron this afternoon to ask about some stuff concerning my exploration into possibly making a folding knife. I talked to Jerry for a few minutes, and he was quite helpful, but after some of my questions he said "You know what, your timing is perfect, Aldo is here and I haven't even learned as much about metallurgy as he's forgotten". Let me just say that Aldo was a joy to talk to, super friendly, knowledgeable, and he also said some pretty exciting things about the future of New Jersey Steel Baron both as it related to knife makers and as far as the expansion of services that they are looking to offer other industries. I'm so glad I called today. And the conversation alleviated a few things that I didn't know regarding folder making, so the likelihood of that possibility coming to pass just increased substantially.
this is great news.....you know, unless I'm dead before it happens, to keep me on the list for one.....

Back