What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

Dielectric grease will help on those connections for protection and contact.

Thank you for hanging in there and grinding it out for us. :)
I was going to say This to slow down corrosion of the connections from being outside.....or possibly a loose connection?

Bumblebee Sam is sold! I have three filet knives to handle, and two of them are already curing. One is OD Suretouch, one is burlap with double canvas Micarta liners and black canvas pins, and the third..... I have been instructed to make it red G10

How did I miss this! I guess I was too busy grinding knives myself...what's left for sale? Can't have you without a grinder...

How did I miss this! I guess I was too busy grinding knives myself...what's left for sale? Can't have you without a grinder...

Hey thank you for the sentiment. Please only buy if you really like them. There's one in Maker's Market fixed LC200N, two in my sub forum ring knives in 15N20 I offered previously, and one in by Individuals, Folders, a slightly upgrade Tanto XL Voyager. Literally slight, bronze washers instead of the thin nylonish whatever ones that got shredded inside.

These filets will be next when they are ready. I'll do more work on them tomorrow. Thank you for asking.

IMG_5166.JPG

ETA: Yes, I know the white and black pieces are on the wrong side. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Oops lol. You caught that. Nice. How embarrassing.

Bumblebee Sam is sold! I have three filet knives to handle, and two of them are already curing. One is OD Suretouch, one is burlap with double canvas Micarta liners and black canvas pins, and the third..... I have been instructed to make it red G10
I've got this funny buzzing sound in my ears...
That's a real "honey" of a knife design!
I've never been in love with wharncliffe blades; but this one looks just so right! 😎👍

Last edited:
Thanks, it's super comfortable too!

Good evening folks. Calling it quits in the shop here for the day. I will have to work on these some more tomorrow before they're ready to go up in the exchange, but I think the broad strokes are done. Two AEB-L and the little wharnie is 8670.

IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5194.JPG
IMG_5193.JPG
IMG_5192.JPG

Hi Martin! Finishing the sheaths now, then sharpening and a photo shoot. Not spoken for yet. Prices TBD, but I promise they will not be bargain basement prices on these ones.

Back