What's in the name Jeep? (And the Becker lovers who love them.)

Warrior's YJ makes me want to tear down my old YJ and get it back in good shape. That dark grey is almost exactly what I pictured mine in after its restoration.

Thanks man. The color is a Suzuki color, called mineral grey, or midnight grey. The guy I purchased it off of found the paint code for me, in case I needed to match something, aka full doors, or even a trailer.

Yeah, doors alone for a TJ used run around $800, hard tops $8-1200....don't get the gap, guessing the $1200s don't sell.
Anywho...hard doors was about the only compromise I had to make but I've found the half doors much more to my liking than imagined.
The top halves pop right off and fit in the "trunk" with the top down for almost a fully naked effect. If nobody's in back, the bottoms fit with the seat flipped up. Leaves me fully prepared for rain or whatever.

Keep an eye out for some half doors and soft uppers.
I've completely back burnered the full doors and hard top. If it was a daily driver the doors and top would be good for winter.

What do ya call that spot in the back...not really a trunk.

Yeah, doors alone for a TJ used run around $800, hard tops $8-1200....don't get the gap, guessing the $1200s don't sell.
Anywho...hard doors was about the only compromise I had to make but I've found the half doors much more to my liking than imagined.
The top halves pop right off and fit in the "trunk" with the top down for almost a fully naked effect. If nobody's in back, the bottoms fit with the seat flipped up. Leaves me fully prepared for rain or whatever.

Keep an eye out for some half doors and soft uppers.
I've completely back burnered the full doors and hard top. If it was a daily driver the doors and top would be good for winter.

What do ya call that spot in the back...not really a trunk.

I like my half doors. It is nice being able to take the top half off so easily. But full doors would be a nice option. Sucks that the weld broke in the upper though, and they don't make the grey anymore. I called a local automotive upholsterer yesterday, and left a message. Haven't got a call back yet. Hopefully it can be fixed.

Not sure what you call the trunk area. It taint trunk really, and taint really a truck bed, hey wait a minute...:D

Hah! OK... you named it lol.

I don't quite understand where yours broke. I thought it was the upper soft frame?

Look above the red, you can see where the weld broke:

9.png

It's this part of the door:

12.jpg

My fondest memory and will always be what Jeeep
Has done to my wallet as Jeep owners will attest a few bucks more and more as there is not a cost that she does not deserve and I am so glad you all do as the Jeep love has again never had more of an impact on my life as any other vehicle,
Keep in mind I have never owned a Jeep

?

1st 4X4
1978 Ford F250 Black with a Red pinstripe,
Live on an Island
Born in manhattan, from the Bronx, raised on the Island and currently own more Beckers than any 1 in my zipcode,
How bout U ?
Back to the Jeep as you all will spend so much money and so much in the wallet for me
On the beach here (Long Island NY) we race on the beach with usually something at stake
Makes for a little more Fun
Long story short
Jeeps 01
My F250 37 wins
Cash total over 40,000
So yes not an owner but few will love Jeeps more than me and not to forget
Mr. Beckers Designs

Hah, yeah...they're not built for speed, that's for sure.

Dubs...that should be a simple tack weld fix. That cover should come off that frame and allow for a weld. If all else maybe some JB Weld or pile clamp, drill out and screw it or something. Surprised there are no old or bare frames on Craigslist around there. Check on wrangler forums and Jeep forums. I just troll but I bet if you sign up you'll get tons of feedback. Those guys are as crazy for pics of jeeps as we are for Becker's. With your photography skills...fuhgetaboutit!

Hah, yeah...they're not built for speed, that's for sure.

Dubs...that should be a simple tack weld fix. That cover should come off that frame and allow for a weld. If all else maybe some JB Weld or pile clamp, drill out and screw it or something. Surprised there are no old or bare frames on Craigslist around there. Check on wrangler forums and Jeep forums. I just troll but I bet if you sign up you'll get tons of feedback. Those guys are as crazy for pics of jeeps as we are for Becker's. With your photography skills...fuhgetaboutit!

I have sen some frames for sale, but for OEM door skins. Mine are from a Bestop Supertop, and it requires undoing the stitching to get the frame out.

I have thought about joining over there. Probably won't though. That's all I need, another forum, haha.

I'm not up on my YJ anatomy but you may be missing a surround that fills that top curve, or you have TJ uppers. I've seen uppers that are square that fill that space.

I'm not up on my YJ anatomy but you may be missing a surround that fills that top curve, or you have TJ uppers. I've seen uppers that are square that fill that space.

Nah, they're the correct uppers. The OEM, and aftermarket OEM have the square corners, the Supertop has the rounded corners. I do need to go look at the door uppers again though, see iffin I think I can take them off myself.

Here ya go:

[video=youtube;fOMw4CidK2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOMw4CidK2M[/video]

The Jeep that took my undefeated run cost over 70,000 US yeh alot of spoiled kids on the Island anywho's
1st race 3600 Bucks Ford wins against a jeep with a 4k engine and a 10k paint job
Ford 1978 F250 for sale at 4700 Bucks 1983 got for 3800 cash, cash talks anything else you get it walks
2nd race kid spent 70,000k on a jeep
12k on stereo I found out later
Kick ass tunes, Ford had FM am cassette
Yeh he beat 2nd race, I was Drunk whodda thung saturday at the beach 1:45am ok Sunday early morning yes I lost 300 Bucks but again I was Drunk
In Case you was wondering I am shopping for a Jeep but will not be placing any bets

KEEP EM SHARP

A few more photos of me YJ:

13.png

14.png

15.png

So ya don't use one of these?

It comes off if I use a hard top. But you can see the channel the back windows snap into and it hugs the top curve of the soft uppers

Mine's like this:

[video=youtube;j3j2GeAgVgU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3j2GeAgVgU[/video]

Find one with a Hemi Nuto!

Funny thing at my Mechanics getting shocks on the Z71 Burb
He is a Hemi Dodge kinda Duster Guy
Large Hemi sitting all done needs a home he tells me
So Glad he owes me, just to find a rust bucket, pretty easy here as I live on an island pics to follow and maybe a bet or two
On the beach its all what you got in your ass,

First vehicle I ever had was a jeep. I came home from school at 15 years old to a jeep in the driveway . My granddad had spotted it for sale for a cool 500 bucks and thought of me .

Had High miles, a cracked windshield ,no horn, Damm near no power ,but it was 4 wheel drive and my ticket to freedom .

Even at 15 I washed and pampered that Jeep like it was a new Cadillac .

When I got my license some kids got brand new cars from their parents, some thought it funny my jeep was so slow when they had Camaros and mustangs etc. I did not care .

Some of the best times of my life happened In that old beater .

Whether it was taking girls up to a secret swimming hole only a 4x4 could get to or being young and very very stupid and hitting a trail to get away from the police .

Didn't know how much I really loved that thing until I traded it in on a z28 Camaro.

Back