1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

What's the craziest thing someone said to you about one of your knives?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Folderguy, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010
    I have a Zero Tolerance 0300, cool knife to be sure.

This one fellow who looks like he's done some bad stuff in his life popped it open, grabbed the handle, brandished it a bit and said, "Man, you could cut someone's liver out with this."

Got the knife back from him right quick!

How about you? What's the craziest thing someone said to you about one of your knives?

=====

Edit: Actually the fellow said something even a bit more outrageous, which was "Man, you could dig someone's liver out with this." I wonder where he came up with that idea; don't really want to know.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  2. Orion's Belt

Orion's Belt

Mar 15, 2010
    My friend asked to borrow my knife, a FFG Delica 4. I asked why and he said he wanted to use it to pry a nail out of a board. WTF? I told him to try to cut an apple with a hammer while he's at it.

3. spydercomil

spydercomil

Jul 9, 2010
    You have to many knives.

4. sweet_hitch-hiker

sweet_hitch-hiker

Apr 12, 2009
    that is a very preposterous statement to make :p

5. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010
    What is the world coming to, for heaven sakes?? :D Didn't he know that "Delica" in some quarters means delicate, and he wants to take that sweet knife and friggin' pry a nail free?? Sheesh........ :confused:

6. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010
    That one is nuts, to be sure.

I've heard similar things, but not exactly that one. I just tell them there's this knife forum where some of the guys have over 600 knives... they're collectors. Ever hear of collectors, as in stamp collectors, coin collectors, gun collectors and so on? :D

7. TheCarbideRat

TheCarbideRat Banned BANNED

Sep 10, 2008
    You have sharp knives [said as vilification]

8. ThePharce

ThePharce

Sep 16, 2010
    Was having a conversation with a buddy of mine on a starbucks patio. He had just gotten a Sebenza and was showing it to me. The conversation was based around that and went to what other knives we had and then on to what guns we owned?

A young lady walked over from her table and said "Excuse me, I don't mean to pry, but why do y'all have so many guns and knives?" My friend turned to her like he didn't understand why she would ask the question and said "to be ready, of course!" She said "Ready for what?!" He got an incredulous look on his face and said "THEM! We have to be ready when THEY get here!!!!" . She just walked away, got her purse, got into her car, and sped out of the parking lot. :D

9. Deebo

Deebo

Sep 29, 2009
    Someone told me once that collecting knives was dumb because scissors could do everything my knives could.

10. EricFallkniven

EricFallkniven

May 9, 2010
    "Is that your little buddy??"

11. gundude73

gundude73

Oct 6, 2009
    "why do you need knives?"

12. Scott Neelan

Scott Neelan

May 4, 2010
    "Is that a weapon?" - said to me by a coworker as i pulled out a SOG Twitch II at work to open a box.

13. Apec

Apec

Oct 30, 2007
    "That's a Rambo knife"

Yes, my 4.5" blade .115" thick Benchmade Nimravus is a "Rambo knife."

What does that make my BRKT Rogue then? A Conan sized greatsword? I'd wonder what the same individual would have to say about a Busse BWM.

14. FunctionMode

FunctionMode

Jul 25, 2010
    The other day I was sitting in class when the guy next to me got an intrigued looked on his face and asked what was clipped to my pocket. I told him it was my knife thinking he was another knife enthusiast, but he just looked at me and said "What could you possibly need a knife for?" He wouldn't accept any answer I gave him and ultimately just stopped talking to me and the next class session he intentionally sat on the other side of the room.

15. Gnarly

Gnarly

May 12, 2010
    " Is that for sale?" -re: my EDC '88 A. G. Russell One Hand Knife.

~Gnarly

16. texas gun person

texas gun person

Jun 9, 2010
    I really never have gotten much said to me...

However, I get some strange looks when I unfold my Spyderco Police 3. A large blade to be sure. :eek:

17. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010
    No kidding! How many do you have?

18. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010
    Helloooooo!! Ya wanna them to be dull ????????

LOL

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  19. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010
    That lady hain't got a clue !!

20. Folderguy

Folderguy

Jun 26, 2010

Oh yeah? Ever try throwin' scizzors?? :D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010