What's the craziest thing someone said to you about one of your knives?

I don't know of any one particular moment being the "craziest", but a response I always think is odd is [After helping someone by cutting whatever just needed to be cut] "Hey thanks. Why do you carry a knife anyway?"

^ I tried to tell her I find it relaxing but no joy. This was when I was reprofiling the Recon Scout too so it wasn't a small knife.

When I was in army, I had Ranger Puukko placed on quick draw near shoulder and we were training camp in woods. I was loaned another unit for that training. I was working with another guy and he looked my puukko and asked worriedly as we were inserting detonators in grenades for the throwing practise:

"you're not going to kill anyone with that?" and pointed my puukko.

I said: "No, I'll use it to build field latrine, but if you don't focus where you're sticking that detonator, I think my puukko is least of our worries..."

guy blinked and said then:"but we have medic here..."

and I just said: "you're looking at him"

"Ha-ha. You're playing with knives all the time, it was only a matter of time before you cut yourself like this!" :(

From my then girlfriend, now my wife:

"Did you buy another big knife or are you just glad to see me"

It was a good evening

I have heard "your knives are too sharp"....there's no such thing.

"only police and military can carry those...thats illegal" I responded with NO OA is not illegal and if you go find the law that tells me it is I'll consider not considering what you said

"Your *Busse* isnt any stronger than my *frost fixed blade* and you wasted alot of $$" I proceded to hammer my knife into a stump and bend and flex and no break....did it to there knife SNAP! I responded with "Oh I guess your right I did waste my money because apparently you now have two knives for the price of one and I am still left with just my one:p"

"What are you going to do with all those knives?"

"Are you planning on killing someone?"

:rolleyes:

I had a buddy tell me how he dulled a knife I sharpened for him because he was cutting himself too much.

"Is that knife for you, or the enemy?"

I'm pretty sure if I'm in the position where the enemy get my knife from me to kill me with it. I'm F'd anyway.

"I'm not sure I'm comfortable with you sharpening your knives in the bed. I think it's a little creepy..."

:rolleyes:

Creepy, huh? Wow..........

Did you want to be sure it'd be hair splitting sharp in case an intruder surprised you while asleep?

I don't know of any one particular moment being the "craziest", but a response I always think is odd is [After helping someone by cutting whatever just needed to be cut] "Hey thanks. Why do you carry a knife anyway?"

Haven't gotten that one yet. Wierd... It's almost like they heard it on TV or something, and then out it comes at exactly the wrong moment.

When I was in army, I had Ranger Puukko placed on quick draw near shoulder and we were training camp in woods. I was loaned another unit for that training. I was working with another guy and he looked my puukko and asked worriedly as we were inserting detonators in grenades for the throwing practise:

"you're not going to kill anyone with that?" and pointed my puukko.

I said: "No, I'll use it to build field latrine, but if you don't focus where you're sticking that detonator, I think my puukko is least of our worries..."

guy blinked and said then:"but we have medic here..."

and I just said: "you're looking at him"

He sounds like a wuss to me... in the army no less!

"I see you got a knife there... That's pretty cool, I used to carry one but then I realized my martial arts skills were so good I could take the weapon I was being attacked with and kill them with it"

Me: "Umm. Nice."

Wow!

I have heard "your knives are too sharp"....there's no such thing.

"only police and military can carry those...thats illegal" I responded with NO OA is not illegal and if you go find the law that tells me it is I'll consider not considering what you said

"Your *Busse* isnt any stronger than my *frost fixed blade* and you wasted alot of $$" I proceded to hammer my knife into a stump and bend and flex and no break....did it to there knife SNAP! I responded with "Oh I guess your right I did waste my money because apparently you now have two knives for the price of one and I am still left with just my one:p"

Back