What's your at work knife and your occupation?

My DPX HEST. I'm a retired 11B-19D Now own a very active Firearms training company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Electro-mechanical Tech: Usually an Endura and an SAK or Leatherman Squirt. I can get by with just about any knife, but occasionally I have to deal with 3" foam for packing large items and the Endura just makes that task too easy. It's so big and slicey!

What's your at work knife and your occupation?
:cool: This.
And if I tell you my occupation then I will have to kill you. :cool:
IMG_4314_2.jpg
:D
jesyoking !
I call that my James Bond Knife.
It's a paper weight but I like it.

These mostly : The SAKs all go in a little pouch that is top right in photo but it decided to hide in the shadow.
The razelized Ti Lite VI (CTS-XHP) mostly sits on the bench for hammering through stuff or deburing specific parts that a deburing tool doesn't work well on.
Para2 M4 for cutting up all the worn out junk I put in the dumpster so the homeless are less likely to steal it and try to sell it. Also it is for trimming hard rubber that is so abrasive it kicks the butt of a blade edge if it isn't some kind of super steel. A must have for my work actually.

The littlest SAK is near zero ground for that super spicy goodness for precision cutting of soft rubber tubing like objects. The other SAKs are a long story suffice it to say I like two smaller ones rather than a Champ and that the precision pliers save my butt all the time and the scissors are important to me as well.
The pliers wrench goes in the pouch to and needs no introduction . . . THANK YOU GERMAN ENGINEERING !
IMG_4925.jpg
( Mechanic )

One of these among others (wood and metal shop teacher):

7736_01.jpg

I do landscaping over the summer, I carry a BM Mini Grip for that. I also work part time at an electronics parts distributor, it's nice to work while I attend college(going for Mechatronics/Industrial Maintenance)

When I'm a student, my EDC is usually a Spyderco Urban in K390
When I run outdoor programs for summer camps and treatment centers, my EDCs are an ESEE Izula and a Leatherman Charge AL.

I’m a manufacturing technician. I carry a SAK at work even though policy prohibits the use of personal knives outside of the break room.

I always ignored those policies too. My argument for carrying the knife at work was the same as carrying a concealed weapon in places that aren't prohibited by law, but are against local policy; If it's out where you can see it, you're going to be glad I had it.

I left the sort of work environment that prohibits knives years ago though. Haven't looked back.

Attorney. I do Social Security Disability work and to a lesser extent, appeals in Federal District Court.

I always have a traditional slipjoint of some sort and/or an Alox Pioneer or Cadet.

Trim carpenter, cabinet maker, remodeler, landscaper, golf instructor and I get to cowboy a few times a year.
I usually have the Manix 2 but also carry the GB1 and Kershaw Blackout.
QUdWgpr.jpg

All my boss said when I pulled out my ZT 0909 was "Jeez, why do you need a big folding sword." so I took it as "Carry what you want. Just don't stab anybody." :D

I carry ZT0452 at work, and I work in an office. My boss said almost exactly the same thing when he saw me use it. If you use it and carry it like a tool, people treat it like a tool. And that's coming from here in NJ!!!

I carried several different knives over the span of my career as a Roofer.Starting with a Buck 110 moving on to an Endura clipit then a Benchmade afck ending up with a Leatherman Sidekick and always a non retractable utility knife.

Last edited:
Stay At Home Dad! Victorinox Classic, Pioneer X, and Deluxe Tinker are what I use most.

Back