Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

I switch off carry between a bulgarian makarov, a keltec p3at, or a snubby taurus 327 federal, as situations call for them.

I switch as well, most of the time it's the Glock 19 with a new trigger and sights. Other times it's a Springfield 1911 Loaded Champion Lightweight

Decided to "personalize" my NAA .22 Magnum Mini Revolver. Filed the half moon front sight to a ramp configuration, and painted it orange. Also sanded the grip panels to a flatter style to fit my hand better. This one is my "better than nothing" gun.

I switch as well, most of the time it's the Glock 19 with a new trigger and sights. Other times it's a Springfield 1911 Loaded Champion Lightweight

You are not that far from me, next time I have a Shop Gathering you should try and make it.

Those flattened grips look great! Also, I picked up that pocket holster on your recommendation. Very nice for the price.

Jeff

de08a1be7d62075da7245542a707d1ed.jpg

All time fave.

The new range in Bolingbrook is now open. Kind of pricey, $21.99 per lane, $23.99 with turning targets, per hour! I won't be going there! That's more than double what I pay in Lockport.

Wow. Man that's crazy!

So glad I live in the rural south. I could pull over off the side of the highway and shoot and nobody would look twice.

I miss the days when most of our area was farmland, back then we could do the same thing. Now if you don't want gun shots to be noticed, you need to go to Chicago!

Yes indeed. New Orleans isn't too far from Chicago on the crime scale.

I have no desire to visit either city.

When I'm not carrying my 442, this is my favorite. I usually carry it in one of my T&C 2 IWB holsters but I just finished up this SMR 2 for myself.

21edoxx.jpg

I had my wife takes these photos of me wearing the holsters.
15qcaxs.jpg

14xhzpf.jpg

Sometimes I'll carry in a GS2 OWB.
2upvmnn.jpg

2e34zrc.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! Im loving my SMR2 for my Micro.

I think I might get me a GS2 for my Beretta 92 as well.

That's some fine work you do Mr. Grizzle! :thumbup:

For you guys that carry IWB, do you buy your clothes in larger size to be able to carry in comfort, or just deal with being uncomfortable?

I buy a little larger shirts to help with concealing, no on the pants however. I don't really notice a whole lot of discomfort at all actually. I like keeping things tighter just to keep the gun from slouching when carrying. I get dressed and then slip the holster in so it's nice and tight, and I've noticed the more the gun stays where I want it, the more comfortable it is overall anyway.

I love my GS2 for my Glock 17!

Awesome! Im loving my SMR2 for my Micro.

I think I might get me a GS2 for my Beretta 92 as well.

That's some fine work you do Mr. Grizzle! :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm glad y'all like them!

For you guys that carry IWB, do you buy your clothes in larger size to be able to carry in comfort, or just deal with being uncomfortable?

If your pants already fit just right or snug then you would want to move up a size but if you have some room in them then you would probably be fine. It can depend on how thick your handgun is too. That's one thing I like about a 1911, it's thin. When I first tried IWB it was uncomfortable but I eventually figured out that it was mostly because my pants already fit just right and with the handgun in place it caused it to dig into my side too much. I now find IWB comfortable and usually prefer it for concealment over OWB. Another thing to consider is the mag carrier. Some people carry a spare mag or two IWB and this will take up even more room. I prefer an OWB mag carrier and use one of my GS2 models shown below.

You could take your unloaded handgun and place it inside your waist band about where you would wear the holster (for me this is behind the hip about 3:30 - 4:00 position). If it feels too tight then you may have to move up a size. If not, your current size would probably be ok. The holster will add a little thickness too but this would give you some idea if you may need to move up a size.

GS2 single mag carrier.
29yje3q.jpg

Back