Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Now we have an Illinois instructor (mqqn) and a Kentucky instructor (YoungCurmudgeon) on here.

I find that I can shoot my Kahr PM9 well with a two finger grip, BUT follow-ups are much faster with the "extended" 7 round mag that gets my pinky into action.

As an aside, I successfully completed the KY CCDW Instructor Course last weekend.

Congratulations! It sounds as if the training requirement is similar in content, but not duration, and the KRS shooting requirement is somewhat less.

At what distance are your students required to fire their 20 rounds at the B27?

best

mqqn

KRS requires 6.5 hours of classroom instruction and the range requirement is 20 rounds at 7 yards for the CCDW licesence. I don't feel the shooting requirements are stringent enough, but that's the rules.

To be an CCDW Instructor you are required to have a CCDW License, complete 14.5 hours of classroom instruction and pass the shooting requirements at 7 and 15 yards.

Last edited:
The Illinois requirement is for 16 hours of classroom, including at least 30 rounds at 5,7 and 10 yards with 70% hits on the black of a B27.

It is by no means a marksmanship course; most beginning shooters score near 100%.

best

mqqn

What strikes me as odd is that KY requires students be taught how to "clean" their firearm, but do not have to be able to load or unload. They can have someone load it for them, so long as they fire the required 20 rounds without assistance in holding or aiming the handgun.

With the cool weather I've been experimenting with carrying my S&W Model 29 with the 3" barrel in a RGrizzleLeather OWB holster under my sweatshirt. It conceals fine, but the darn thing weighs a ton!

d2b0d31b99cd567812bb41f24d2ccf54.jpg

Jeff

I've got a sig identical to that p238. Grips and all. Best .380 imo. If I'm not carrying it I go for my stainless Springfield xds .45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back