What's your newest Buck knife

My most recent Buck with the piece of walnut that will become the new handle.
RSXDG7Ql.jpg
That's going to be a BIG handle!😁

These two arrived today: a 112 Slim Pro TRX and a 417 Budgie. I need to figure out a lanyard for the Budgie....

JKQD4SA.jpg
MQU7uSq.jpg

czyGSik.jpg
dmEO9gY.jpg
I added a simple snake knot lanyard made of 550 paracord, after deciding to remove the pocket clip on my Budgie. It added much needed length to the 3 finger grip, giving a place for the pinky finger to help with stability. It's much more secure in the hand now.

I added a simple snake knot lanyard made of 550 paracord, after deciding to remove the pocket clip on my Budgie. It added much needed length to the 3 finger grip, giving a place for the pinky finger to help with stability. It's much more secure in the hand now.

Looks good! I was thinking about removing the clip also. Thanks!

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo and Railsplitter Railsplitter , here’s the 112 I was waiting on! Another fantastic knife from the custom shop 👍🏻. It’s kinda cracked up around that front scale pin but it doesn’t go all the way through the scale so I’m not worried about it, plus its great character.

Rick, these ironwood scales aren’t finished totally smooth, you can feel the grain in them which is really nice! Are yours the same way?

xIfFuIC.jpg

VDRaDFg.jpg

Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo and Railsplitter Railsplitter , here’s the 112 I was waiting on! Another fantastic knife from the custom shop 👍🏻. It’s kinda cracked up around that front scale pin but it doesn’t go all the way through the scale so I’m not worried about it, plus its great character.

Rick, these ironwood scales aren’t finished totally smooth, you can feel the grain in them which is really nice! Are yours the same way?

xIfFuIC.jpg

VDRaDFg.jpg
Love that ironwood! Beautiful!

xIfFuIC.jpg

VDRaDFg.jpg
Yes, I can feel the grain on mine too but it's very subtle. That is one heck of a looker, Jake!

I've concluded that since Custom Shop 112's are made with and without rivets depending on what the customer wants, they make all of them with hidden center pins so they don't have to go back and forth. You get a hidden center pin whether you order rivets or not. Presumably a good way to streamline the process in the Custom Shop and make it more efficient.

Picked up these three lately.
2005 plain jane. ("I'm Idaho" :-Ralph Wiggum.)
Gave her a little polish to remove old prints and staining.
Quick strop on the factory edge just to bring it up to hair popping.
Solid lockup,clean,tight,scary sharp and good to go.:thumbsup:
Rk76OLf.jpg

Second one, plain Jane 2010.
Quick polish and strop on the factory edge.
DEy0smq.jpg

Older model 4 Dot with little ding in the scale.
Quick polish to remove old prints and stains.
Beautiful full blade with perfect centering.
Light strop to bring up the factory edge.
(Took a little more to do this than the 420HC,not much, but noticeable)
Lock-up is even better than the two above.
My favourite so far.
Scary sharp and good to go.
FcPRPXP.jpg

xIfFuIC.jpg

VDRaDFg.jpg
My goodness that's a beautiful knife! Will it be a user or a looker? Either wat she's a beaut!

Well mine also came in. I think we hit the trifecta. I was worried it wouldn't make it in time for my birthday but it did. Sorry for the low grade pics but it has rained off and on all day long. Very cloudy so pics are from indoors. I hope to take better pics of her sometime. Thanks to eveled eveled for selling me a black distressed sheath.
Nickle/silver, Elk and 5160. That's a winning combination in my book!

Attachments

• 20220602_194429.jpg
    20220602_194429.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220602_194451.jpg
    20220602_194451.jpg
    601.1 KB · Views: 8
Back