What's your newest Buck knife

This massive 'Empress Trio' carver arrived today. I've cleaned up the blade and it's ready to be sharpened. While doing googling to learn more about it I accidentally found another one on ebay Australia, so that one arrives ... someday :). I'm looking forward to getting both of them ready, maybe making a sheath for one of them and giving it to my Daughter and her Husband as a Christmas gift.

This design looks really perfect for carving a goose, so it will happen.

ctoRvBE.jpg
Oh man, I'd use that puppy for every steak I grill.

After dinner last night, I went to my best friend's house to continue our visit. As I was leaving, he presented me with an orange Buck Spitfire! He got it at the NRA convention and it has some NRA stuff printed on one of the scales. I had never seen a Spitfire in person, but when I had it in my hands, I really liked it (more than I expected). Plus, it's a special gift!

Last edited:
2012 Buck 931 in brown paperstone.
Just pulled it out of the scrapyard, this morning.
Edge was pretty beat up, but didn't take much to get her popping hair.
Might be my new favorite kitchen knife.

To say I was shocked is an understatement. The blade shape stuck out at me immediately, but I didn't think it would actually be what it was. Lo and behold.

IMG-20230415-153315850.jpg

I present this week's haul of Buck knives...

Vantage Danny Collection, only 88 made in Damasteel, but not individually numbered - extremely sharp and highly polished as expected with Damasteel. Action is more hydraulic like a CRK than my Sprint Pro flipper, so a little disappointing. I loosened the blade which helped, but also lost centering doing that, and too loose and the blade will wobble and also rub when closing.

Also a wood grain carbon fiber stockman - also very sharp, but it seems like all 3 blades have been ground as a mild recurve that makes them look like I've been sharpening them myself for a few years on a small stone.

The Canoe is my favorite of the traditionals and reminds me of my GEC White Owl, while the toothpick and solo were planned to be gifts.

IMG_5008.JPG
IMG_5009.JPG
IMG_5010.JPG
IMG_5012.JPGIMG_5023.JPG
IMG_5022.JPG
IMG_5020.JPG

Buck Canoe - very nice edges, walk and talk, and fit and finish.

IMG_5055.JPG
IMG_5048.JPG
IMG_5051.JPG

IMG_5054.JPG

Toothpick - about half the size of my Imperial fishing knife. These last 2 feel tiny and weightless.

IMG_5058.JPG
IMG_5059.JPG
IMG_5060.JPG

Solo - also pretty nice, might keep this one for watch pocket somedays, but I already have a nice GEC Rambler for that purpose.

IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5062.JPG
IMG_5061.JPG

Back